The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on April 17, 2014, 02:04:21 PM




Also I have a couple questions.

First question: What dictates the order which CPSs relate to the FitChracterXX.pac files? It's in one of the Slot files, right? I always have trouble with placing my costumes to match up with the CSPs, and it's going to get worse once I add extra costumes.

Secondly question: How does one change which costume are the team costumes? For instance, the Shadow I have is based off of Sonic, so his "blue" costume is his default costume, which is red. This isn't really a big deal, because I don't usually do team battles, but it would be nice to fix.

Both of these can be answered by taking a look at ShinF's tutorial here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.msg1238260#msg1238260
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on April 17, 2014, 12:33:33 AM
Alright so the opening post says that you can have up to 100 characters, but you can't go above the 63 slot? That doesn't add up at all. What gives? Can I use some other slots or something? I guess Nebulon is looking into boss slots, will that bring it up to 100?
lol
63 in hex>100 in decimal

So using the boss slots doesn't affect the bosses when you fight them in modes like boss battles?

if you replace boss data, it will replace bosses. they will break obviously

V. 1.00

so i loaded id 64 slot but selecting it freezes.

Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on April 18, 2014, 01:12:33 AM
The slots only go up to 63. Nebulon is working on getting boss slots useable.
Yeah but im trying to test other ids if they might work like id 3E which is a free blank slot.

Quote from: Tidus on April 17, 2014, 03:34:36 PM
Yes and No.

Project M doesn't have that capability, all they did was change a hitbox depending on the costume.

THe difficulty of making a moveset for a costume depends on how much you want to change. The amount of changes you want to make are limited by file size limitations.

You can have a clone have a different moveset, if you want.

you are wrong, they can also change animations, and you are right, the filesize is indeed a problem

Does anyone have a sc_selcharacter pac with all the spaces available? Like for the char_bust_tex and stuff. It's a bit confusing trying to make everything work correctly when you add extra slots to it. I just want to be able to paste my own textures into the files without worrying about messing with the other data. Basically what I'm asking for is a "template" of the maximum amount of possible slots in sc_selcharacter (and anything else that matters) so I can edit them without going through the whole process.

Thanks.

So I replaced Petey Piranha with a clone then went ahead to Subspace to see if the game crashed or something when I go against him... And... It still worked like it should, don't know about the Boss Battles version though, my save doesn't have that unlocked. >.>

Still, subspace bosses that you replace should all still work as they should, and possibly even Boss Battle bosses.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 18, 2014, 02:42:51 AM
So I replaced Petey Piranha with a clone then went ahead to Subspace to see if the game crashed or something when I go against him... And... It still worked like it should, don't know about the Boss Battles version though, my save doesn't have that unlocked. >.>

Still, subspace bosses that you replace should all still work as they should, and possibly even Boss Battle bosses.
well
that makes sense
since ur only really borrowing the css slot, and not replacing petey piraha

Quote from: chaos447 on April 18, 2014, 02:10:56 AM
Does anyone have a sc_selcharacter pac with all the spaces available? Like for the char_bust_tex and stuff. It's a bit confusing trying to make everything work correctly when you add extra slots to it. I just want to be able to paste my own textures into the files without worrying about messing with the other data. Basically what I'm asking for is a "template" of the maximum amount of possible slots in sc_selcharacter (and anything else that matters) so I can edit them without going through the whole process.

Thanks.

There's a lot of folks with packs posted, though none are really maxed out for cosmetics, I'd say Nebulon's will be your best bet. His is in his signature, I think it's a drop box with all the files in it. It's how I got my cosmetics built up.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

I tried his pack, along with others. The bad thing about those packs is that they overwrite the original CSPs for the regular characters. For some reason, when I try to replace them with the default CSPs...Brawl crashes. It's annoying.

I just want one with the default settings, plus extra slots for characters. I found one that did this, but it had only 7 extra slots. Needless to say, it got filled pretty quick.

Quote from: shadowXtreme on April 18, 2014, 01:46:03 AM
you are wrong, they can also change animations, and you are right, the filesize is indeed a problem

That was included with the "filesize limitations"

If you make a moveset of (for example) Black Knight and Ike over an Ike, not only will you have to change the Wait animation and then every other animation that uses the wait in any way.

If it's just Dr. Mario, then it shouldn't be too much imo. But if he wants to do something ridiculous like a full PSA, then he's better off making a Mario clone which imo would be the better idea.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Depending on how much work was done on the Dr. Mario PSA, it might not be possible to make it a costume specific moveset.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Y'okay, so I tried putting a clone over the Porky Statue slot and it crashed. Seems that's one down.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!