The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Has anyone ever experienced a clone only working in training mode? I'm using the SMBZ PSA and it loads fine over and over in training but it freezes in versus.

Quote from: Pikezer1337 on April 28, 2014, 07:44:08 PM
Has anyone ever experienced a clone only working in training mode? I'm using the SMBZ PSA and it loads fine over and over in training but it freezes in versus.
that is missing entry.pac
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Finally made that cosmetic template to make everyone's lives a little easier.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448

Hopefully I'll find the time to update it with the info file and results stuff later. For now I just wouldn't mess with any of that.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 28, 2014, 11:10:17 AM
1.  nope we cant go pass fighter 63, but we have been able to reach about 98 total characters using boss slots.

How do you enable the boss slots/forbidden 7 slots?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


April 28, 2014, 10:31:47 PM #5345 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:36:33 PM by Brstmguy
What do I open slot up in? do I open it up in a hex editor like HxD Which I have? Edit: And do I include the Id from monster Hunter's Rel or is it Ike's ID and I just take the prolog, epilog, and unresolved offsets and place them in Link's Rel?


Quote from: ShadowSnake on April 28, 2014, 10:29:52 PM
How do you enable the boss slots/forbidden 7 slots?
Quote from: ShadowSnake on April 28, 2014, 10:29:52 PM
How do you enable the boss slots/forbidden 7 slots?
Quote from: ShadowSnake on April 28, 2014, 10:29:52 PM
How do you enable the boss slots/forbidden 7 slots?

The tough thing abou teaching it is that there are 3 types kf slots to configure:

Boss slots/Alloy slots
Random slots made from empties and unused pieces if data
And a final secret slot you trick into working

I want to do a tutorial, however while I'm confident in the method, I still havent tested certain things.

Also certain things don't work following the rules i'd put... it's trial and error.

So when I release the tutorial it won't be to tell people how to make their own, but to make mine. With their own characters and whatnot of course, but it's easier to just mimic what I've successfully done as I did it.

I will probably do one more release of my pack, but after that, I'll have to wait for a few characters to be built, and 2 more modules. After this next release, I'll have the freetime to type away. I made a promise that if I figured it out then I'd teach the people, so I will, I am commited to it.

Just a but longer.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Hey nebulon, did you get the updated 4gb GCT? I sent you it in the PM
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Mr.Doge on April 28, 2014, 10:46:37 PM
Hey nebulon, did you get the updated 4gb GCT? I sent you it in the PM

Sorry, yes I did! I've been at work so I couldn't DL it yet. I was gonna say something when I had it. Thank you though! :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on April 28, 2014, 10:50:27 PM
Sorry, yes I did! I've been at work so I couldn't DL it yet. I was gonna say something when I had it. Thank you though! :)
How do you change the clones annoucer call voice i see you have it.
Im making my pack to have all their own sfxs voice

Quote from: KingImpris on April 29, 2014, 12:57:52 AM
How do you change the clones annoucer call voice i see you have it.
Im making my pack to have all their own sfxs voice

I use Internet Explorer's Sound loader. And my computer can't run sawndz, so I Pikezer offered to help out and did that for me. He's the guy to ask.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on April 29, 2014, 01:17:05 AM
I use Internet Explorer's Sound loader. And my computer can't run sawndz, so I Pikezer offered to help out and did that for me. He's the guy to ask.
hmm ill go ask him thanks for letting me know.

Might aswell ask again. What offsets do I put in the Link Rel and what ID do I give the clone? without the info going with what I guess results in a Mario slot with Link's portraits.

Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on April 29, 2014, 01:44:13 AM
Oh yeah I just remembered I was going to ask why you don't just use a common5.pac file? If you remove the MotionEtc archives in it it still works, and lets you use a bunch more file space. I ran some calculations and I think it's just enough for a maxed out roster, with 10 costumes each at full resolution for the vanilla characters. There's no drawbacks from it, unless for some reason BrawlEx doesn't work with common5 files.

EDIT:

If you find yourself wanting to just make all the announcer calls silent like I did, I created a swand file for that. You need the Replacement Soundbank Engine. Just put this file in your pf/sfx folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eou8zad8seyipf/223.sawnd

I would go this route, because the announcer calls I have found on the vault are really lackluster, and aren't uniform at all.
Yeah but my brawlex clone sounds like every character by The original name example zero will say link do you have to edit the cosmetic or slot config?