The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sammi, info2 doesn't cause crashes, at least with me. I've been using info2 since day one of using BrawlEx. The names appear and no crashes.

here a small bug i found when you make someone over Meta Kinght you get a little extra lettering ght at the end of the name your using
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

Quote from: Unkown Kokiri on June 02, 2014, 01:39:06 AM
here a small bug i found when you make someone over Meta Kinght you get a little extra lettering ght at the end of the name your using

You mean using the mass renamer? that thing..is buggy. I'll probably re-write it from scratch next update.

June 02, 2014, 01:43:28 AM #5988 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:44:48 AM by Unkown Kokiri
yeah the mass renamer
also just a thought for next update as well maybe a name genator lol im just saying i doesnt have to exist lol i thought you would like a little challenge XD
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

What are you trying to rename him to? that way i can reproduce your results. Just trying to rename Metaknight's stuff from the disc seems to rename him like normal


Hmm. That name seems to be working normal for me..Your sure you have the fitMetaknight.pac file in the folder? If he doesn't have the PSA file named correctly the renamer won't work correctly because it uses that files name to get the length of the characters name.

On an unrelated note, in-game names do work (if people didn't already know). The only issue is file size. You have to use Extended LZ77 Compression in order to get the file size low enough to use. Also, if a Clone doesn't have a texture in the info files, then it will take the last added name. Ex: I don't have Mewtwo's name added yet, so my Mewtwo clone slot would use the lastly added Waluigi name.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 02, 2014, 02:20:23 AM
On an unrelated note, in-game names do work (if people didn't already know). The only issue is file size. You have to use Extended LZ77 Compression in order to get the file size low enough to use. Also, if a Clone doesn't have a texture in the info files, then it will take the last added name. Ex: I don't have Mewtwo's name added yet, so my Mewtwo clone slot would use the lastly added Waluigi name.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Odd, cause when I try to use the info2 folder, I still get a black screen. No matter if it's a stock info.pac, or modded.
Some info.pac's work in other packs. Just not when I try to set it up :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on June 02, 2014, 02:52:40 AM
Odd, cause when I try to use the info2 folder, I still get a black screen. No matter if it's a stock info.pac, or modded.
Some info.pac's work in other packs. Just not when I try to set it up :\

You have a modded info.pac, info_training.pac, and info_training_mg.pac, right? You need all three for it to work.

Quote from: Makarew on June 02, 2014, 02:56:54 AM
You have a modded info.pac, info_training.pac, and info_training_mg.pac, right? You need all three for it to work.
Yup, got all of them. They're all ExtendedLZ777.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 02, 2014, 02:20:23 AM
On an unrelated note, in-game names do work (if people didn't already know). The only issue is file size. You have to use Extended LZ77 Compression in order to get the file size low enough to use. Also, if a Clone doesn't have a texture in the info files, then it will take the last added name. Ex: I don't have Mewtwo's name added yet, so my Mewtwo clone slot would use the lastly added Waluigi name.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Yep, from my experience the in game names work just fine. I was hesitant on releasing something that added them if it wasn't proved that everything was fine.

Just to clarify for everyone, my tool automatically compresses everything it can (safely) compress to lz77 when adding them. It's up to you guys to choose your image format when they are imported. Generally CSP's, BP's, and RSP's can be cmpr, which cut's the size in half with minimal quality

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what, but when I try to give the fighters their names, it shows up but it causes the dragoon parts icons to become % bar icons.

Quote from: Xero874 on June 02, 2014, 02:59:16 AM
Yup, got all of them. They're all ExtendedLZ777.


Try making it just LZ77. That's what mine are.

Quote from: Brstmguy on June 02, 2014, 03:35:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what, but when I try to give the fighters their names, it shows up but it causes the dragoon parts icons to become % bar icons.

Are the dragoon parts images in CMPR? If so that might be your issue.