The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

So who's got the biggest, most organized pack right now? I've been using Nebulon's for a while.


I don't think anyone's beaten Nebulon's number of fighters especially not me I'm just now close to 60 fighters but I will say my pack'll have one difference from the other packs and that's Dr. Mario he's now shares a slot with Mario rather than being his own character.


Quote from: Riddler on June 04, 2014, 08:20:57 AMShares a slot?
Similar to Doc in Project M I'd imagine.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

It's actually the moveset from PM just altered to fit Brawl it even gave the option if you have Brawlex to use Dr. Mario in the same slot.

My pack has 93 character in total I guess im the biggest number of fighters.

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 09:01:18 AM
My pack has 93 character in total I guess im the biggest number of fighters.
Quality > Quantity.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Riddler on June 04, 2014, 07:57:20 AM
So who's got the biggest, most organized pack right now? I've been using Nebulon's for a while.

Hmmm... Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself and explain what my pack includes, since my only has enough space to display the characters.

-Counting Sheik, Zss, and the Pokemon, but NOT the trainer, you can play as 88 in my current build.
-I'm using the stage expansion code, so I've got the current maximum amount of levels. All levels have their own music except for one which shares a placeholder song. The levels that had la were replaced with mewer versions and objects in levels that obstructed the view were removed.

-I have my own logo, and customized my menus with a background from the site to make it stand out from normal Smash bros.

-I went back and made sure all of the packaged characters have their red green and blue recolors, except for Peach, Mario, and Luigi, who have a special costume for a reason, and Link and Samus who have slight model modifications in their alternate (blue Samus is fusion Samus, Blue Link is Zora armor Link. It doesn't change gameplay, but I find them more interesting. I will probably eventually give Peach back her red costume and Link's blue and red tunics)). A lot of characters excede the standard costume amount. I tired to include not only more of their recolors for competitive play, but 64 styled models for fun.

-I've size modded a few characters and updated other custom character textures to give them new life. I also edited a lot of characters for competitive play, but that's an ongoing process. My Sora is a combinaion of different Sora's now. I should release it but I haven't. There are other exclusive things and PSA edits that feel good in my pack, but that's subjective so don't take my word for it.

-The CSS is organized and the SSS is organized by series.

-A lot of little thigs like the fact that all of my CSS icons have a glow around the character's picture to resemble the original character Icons, the names all being a similar font and size, the icon name font and size, etc just little things to give it an authentic look.

But after every match you must back out of the CSS before doing another battle. The process takes 2 seconds and doesn't affect anyting despite people's frustration with their stolen 2 seconds. But all packs need this if they want certain characters to have sword glows or use Boss slots. And since a lot of people used mine as a base, most packs hae this issue.

-oh and I have Turbo codes in place a long with no tripping. Turbo replaces Curry mode in special Brawl. Naruto has been known to soft freeze durin Turbo matches, Blaze and Vegeta will occasioally Tpose after certain combos, and Mickey won't load in Turbo.

-Random button is broken for now as I believe it can't properly load boss slots. That or I messed something up. That's what I'm going to look into before next release.

So that's my pack. For now. I won't be adding any more characters until a few of themare released or when more modules are released since I'm still banking on 2-3 characters who happen to use Rob and Falco. But by that time PW will probably update the CSS roster size so I can afford to put in other characters that I'm going to modify a bit.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

yeah, KingImpris has the highest number of characters

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on June 04, 2014, 06:24:16 PM
yeah, KingImpris has the highest number of characters

But his pack is not well done.

He has only one costume in the Sephiroth slot. And the character is not Sephiroth.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 04, 2014, 02:06:07 PM
Quality > Quantity.
many of these modpacks has basely no Quality at all
many of the CSPs: images taken from google images mainly
or other´s work

some of the movesets is only there cuz of the charater
not cuz of how good the moveset is
like my Geno&Shadow moveset is only there cuz of its Geno&Shadow and its not even that good

and they focusing on adding as many as possible instead of focus adding good stuff
i see modpacks on brawl with Charater models that got like Anime like texture that only fits to a Cel shadered game(as brawl is not) instead of adding like a Brawl styled Vegeta they adding a anime like texture of him instead while having some brawl styled charaters and alot of other styles in 1 modpack

minecraft modding doing it alot better with theys modpacks and mods
minecraft mainly making mods and still keep´s minecraft´s style blocks and cubes and 16/32bit like textures
(yeah i know minecraft modding is bigger then brawl modding but is just an example)


while brawl modding is a mix of so many texture styles so its annoying

making "good" modpacks for modding is the closest thing we can get to game development
and we dont see any games with a mix of Mario-ish/cel shadered/realistic graphics in 1 game
not even in big modpacks for other games but in  brawl´s modpack we see that sadly
if there is most celshadered charater then make the rest celshadered
if there is more mario/kirby/sonic/toon-ish like graphic then make the rest like that
and so on

instead of mix it all in 1 pack

kinda i was planing making a modpack(before it become so overrated and before clone engine too) but with all these bad modpacks there a user took basely anyone else´s work all that user did was put it all to 1 pack kinda killed my motion for make a modpack that follow brawl texture like style
with good made movesets/models

+ in my option the modpack makers should PM us about permission for use our mods in they´s modpack aswell since i kinda dont like see some of my work in a modpack without Quality
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

So... why does the PM launcher keep taking me back to the wii menu

My brawlEx pack is in ALPHA and it has pretty decent quality, individual sfx for most of the chars, fixed gfx for some, will finish many gfx fixes in the next build, and decent CSP's instead of taking them from google.

Quote from: daniel741852 on June 04, 2014, 07:59:32 PM
My brawlEx pack is in ALPHA and it has pretty decent quality, individual sfx for most of the chars, fixed gfx for some, will finish many gfx fixes in the next build, and decent CSP's instead of taking them from google.

As far as I know, you have an excellent Sephiroth in your pack.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: 24tee on June 04, 2014, 07:35:14 PM
So... why does the PM launcher keep taking me back to the wii menu