The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I think I've had the biggest goof up with a clone, I had got a Mewtwo Clone set up yet he was freezing for no reason I checked everything but didn't find the issue, Guess what the issue was, Mewtwo's Freaking BP for his first costume somehow became 1kb over from the 4kb size his other BPs were at because I changed the format for the BP to c18, then imported a new BP which caused two sets of palettes to appear.

Mine works fine and all, but after playing a while on it It freezes on the Character Selection Screen when I hover over one of the clones, or if I go to a stage with one of the clones, ect.
I also noticed after I turn the Wii off and I take out the SD Card it is very warm. I was wondering if you guys knows what's happening?
It's not a big issue but it would help if I could not make it do that.
Also Thanks for the tutorial and the clones, IT IS AWESOME!  :af2:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/95Shade/101179119981687
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/95Shade?feature=mhee
Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/95ShadeZGamer

Quote from: 95Shade on June 19, 2014, 03:02:25 PM
I also noticed after I turn the Wii off and I take out the SD Card it is very warm. I was wondering if you guys knows what's happening?
It's not a big issue but it would help if I could not make it do that.

Not an issue. The Wii is like that for me too.
And it is normal with all consoles. Even turned off, they are warm. But not as much as when they are turned on.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on June 19, 2014, 05:45:11 PM
Not an issue. The Wii is like that for me too.
And it is normal with all consoles. Even turned off, they are warm. But not as much as when they are turned on.
Alright, thanks for replying
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/95Shade/101179119981687
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/95Shade?feature=mhee
Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/95ShadeZGamer

I just tried to add character 64 and the slot showed up as random and crashes when highlighted. I just noticed on the original post that IDs 3F-63 are supported but that is not 100 characters. Can we only add up to 63 for now? Or should I use other IDs? If so, what IDs? Cuz right now, its only at 70something charcters. I am using CloneTool.

The  term 100 characters was refering to having a total of 100 characters (including the originals) on the CSS screen. not 100 clones. In any case, the unstable build adds more slots but as the name suggests is unstable.

Also, My clone tool isn't updated to support the new and unstable modules. There are also a few bugs, like not adding clones to the CSSRoster.dat without going in the the roster editor and hitting save

June 20, 2014, 01:13:17 AM #6456 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:14:30 AM by daniel741852
A little off topic, but has anyone noticed that inside the .REL files, if you look in section 3 or 4 I dont remember, the code looks very similar to C++.... Could it be possible to reverse engineer this and port it to C++ or probably java? So maybe .rel editing for kirby could be possible to make kirby hats for EX Clones.

June 20, 2014, 01:30:23 AM #6457 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:44:55 AM by leondanny56
i have found a way to get the css from brawlex v.2 to stop lagging from cycleing through the colors of each character but it's really lame how you get it to stop lagging and i don't think anyone will want to do it but here it is anyway a way to stop the lagging at the css for brawlex v.2:

first off you cannot have any game cube controllers plugged into your wii next you have to make sure you use a wii mote on it's
side and last you have to make sure all the rest of the players are computers.

i know it's strange and not really useful in any way but i thought i would mention it anyway.

and i know it works because i just had it happen a couple of hours ago today.

so in other words it will only not lag if player one is using the wii mote and all the other players are computers. but no
game cube controllers can be plugged in during this because as soon as you plug in a game cube controller the lag will start happening again.
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Hey guys I have run into a strange and irratating issue. I am nearing completion on my build and to save myself sometime i decided to use a sc_selcharacter and stgresult files from premade packs and modify from there. All ex characters work fine but when i enter the results screen with a normal characterthe game crashes(black screen no beep).

Sounds like a problem with Results screen portraits, that is if your using custom cosmetics for the clones. If not, your stgresult must be corrupted for one reason or another

Yea something was up with my custom portraits just tried stock portraits and everything is good. Thanks

Quote from: daniel741852 on June 20, 2014, 01:13:17 AM
A little off topic, but has anyone noticed that inside the .REL files, if you look in section 3 or 4 I dont remember, the code looks very similar to C++.... Could it be possible to reverse engineer this and port it to C++ or probably java? So maybe .rel editing for kirby could be possible to make kirby hats for EX Clones.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about that, but I hope that's the case :) Try messaging ShadowSnake or EternalYoshi.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

So is the update of the modules still unstable or has PhantomWings updated it?

The Toon Link Module is functional as long as you set the results to none, Cause I have Skull Kid in my pack and he works perfectly I've never noticed any glitches. now as for the Zelda and ZeldaSheik Modules I'm not sure cause I haven't had any clones that used those modules.

Zelda modules are buggy. They work in some matches but crash in others. Not sure why. I have played 4p matches that include Zelda and a Zelda clone with no crash. Then I change something mild, like a color on a different clone(not Zelda), and it crashes at the start of the match.

Captain Falcon clones wil work perfectly so long as they have an ENTIRELY differrent final smash. If they use the car or the runway it will crash. I have Viewtiful Joe and never had any issues.