The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

thank you Brstmguy & Ajthag for the help i appreciate it!!!

June 22, 2014, 07:03:27 AM #6466 Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:05:57 AM by ajthag
Quote from: corpsra on June 21, 2014, 09:33:59 PM
thank you Brstmguy & Ajthag for the help i appreciate it!!!
no prob.

Post Merge: June 22, 2014, 07:05:57 AM

So what are the chances some wizard or warlock will make a tool that does gfx porting for you? I just looked at Nebulon's guide and that could be a serious pain to do 30+ times.

A gfx porting tool might be difficult to make, though I don't know how to make programs but with configs tool like sammi's, it simply copies the current configs to the respective folders and changes the files through hex gfx porting might be harder to make a tool for. But like I said I have no knowledge on programs

Quote from: ajthag on June 22, 2014, 07:03:27 AM
no prob.

Post Merge: June 22, 2014, 07:05:57 AM

So what are the chances some wizard or warlock will make a tool that does gfx porting for you? I just looked at Nebulon's guide and that could be a serious pain to do 30+ times.

There's a much easier way to do it now, but I thought it was common knowledge.

Basically... well... I've been up for 25 hours, so I'll post it after this sleep cycle. But yeah, it's really simple. Maybe someone could just explain it while I snooze.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

you can literally just rename the ef_ file in the fighter.pac to another one, then change the gfx calls in PSA to use the ID of the ef file you renamed it to. easy peasy

Would this then allow you to not have to exit the CSS after each match if you did it to every clone?

June 22, 2014, 07:04:42 PM #6471 Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:12:22 PM by ajthag
Quote from: Pikezer1337 on June 22, 2014, 06:18:35 PM
Would this then allow you to not have to exit the CSS after each match if you did it to every clone?
I haven't done this yet and I already play matches back to back with no problem.

So let me get this straight I open Sephiroth's .pac then rename the "ef_marth" on the root of the psa to "ef_deathpod" or something. Then I find subactin scripts and rename all external gfx to deathpods id? Do the EFLS Entry index still need to be changed?

Post Merge: June 22, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

Also I've found that not all of Seph's external gfx say Marth. A couple say "common?". Do I rename those to deathpods ID(162) as well?


June 22, 2014, 07:29:20 PM #6473 Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:39:34 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn
Quote from: ajthag on June 22, 2014, 07:04:42 PM
Also I've found that not all of Seph's external gfx say Marth. A couple say "common?". Do I rename those to deathpods ID(162) as well?

No.
If they say common, don't change them since every single character can have them without conflicting with others.

For example: Sephiroth has an explosion, but Marth cannot do that.
Why? Because it is common and there's another thing that loads that explosion. Probably an Assist Trophy, a Pokemon or a Stage.

Or simply because there are 2 or more different characters (not clones) who share this.

EDIT: Unless you want a different GFX, don't change them. But if you want darkness instead of fire, then do whatever you want.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Dylanator1 on June 22, 2014, 07:24:59 PM
128 characters now!

My reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pbvX5Y3ZJ8

Well not quite.

CSS is only going to go up to 100 unless configured otherwise.

I'm actually wondering when PW's next iteration will be. No doubt he's seen the feedback and issues we've all posted.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

What about EFLS Entry indexes do I still need modifies those?

Quote from: ajthag on June 22, 2014, 07:37:07 PM
What about EFLS Entry indexes do I still need modifies those?

I have no idea of what is that, sorry. :/
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on June 22, 2014, 07:41:27 PM
I have no idea of what is that, sorry. :/
Right below where you change the ID from Marth to 162 there is another number. Thats the EFLS Entry index. In Nebulon's guide some modifications were made to that number. Is that still necessary or will simply changing the ID's be sufficient to fix graphical glitches?

June 22, 2014, 08:41:34 PM #6478 Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:42:50 PM by Sammi Husky
you shouldn't need to change anything other then the file ID in the external gfx call. Don't change anything else. Also, this is whole different story with sword traces, i was going to do a video tutorial on it but ended up being too busy

Ok Thanks. But now I have run into another issue I made the changes to the psa but when I save and re-open it I can no longer expand the moveset to get to the subaction scripts folder. The plus sign just disappears. I am using brawlbox v0.68b and trying to edit This Sephiroth: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16571