The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 11, 2014, 01:24:49 AM #6660 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:32:44 AM by cbennett2121
I am experiencing a weird bug with Brawl EX 2.0.X and I am wondering if any one else has experienced it.

What happens is, in the CSS I select Kirby as my character.  Then I turn on a CPU which selects random fine.  I then select who i want the cpu to be.  Then I turn the CPU off and back on and this causes my game to freeze.  As long as Kirby isn't a selected character, you can turn players off and on without any issues.

Below is the link to my mediafire.  Select V 2.0.X and then select hacked or hackless (at the time of this post, hackless is still synching to my mediafire so it is not appearing for download)
CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD


I also have another question.  Does anyone know which hex value(s) in the fighter config file modify whether character has multiple/single/none Kirby data since I am experiencing issues when Kirby sucks up a clone.  I have made sure I am using the right Kirby.rel and fighter.rel
Check out My Project EX: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67116.msg1242650#msg1242650
I am a currently a college student studying mathematics and computer science.  I am a programmer with experience in multiple languages.
I used to mod brawl but stopped for a while and decided to start up again.

Quote from: cbennett2121 on July 11, 2014, 01:24:49 AM
I am experiencing a weird bug with Brawl EX 2.0.X and I am wondering if any one else has experienced it.

What happens is, in the CSS I select Kirby as my character.  Then I turn on a CPU which selects random fine.  I then select who i want the cpu to be.  Then I turn the CPU off and back on and this causes my game to freeze.  As long as Kirby isn't a selected character, you can turn players off and on without any issues.

Below is the link to my mediafire.  Select V 2.0.X and then select hacked or hackless (at the time of this post, hackless is still synching to my mediafire so it is not appearing for download)
CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD


I also have another question.  Does anyone know which hex value(s) in the fighter config file modify whether character has multiple/single/none Kirby data since I am experiencing issues when Kirby sucks up a clone.  I have made sure I am using the right Kirby.rel and fighter.rel

For some reason it says "Unstable".

And that is just one issue, but there are MANY with that version.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

when do you think your tool will be out sammi?

Has anyone else been able to get All-Star and Stadium co-op mode to work on BrawlEx? I've got stock icons in, and I can do classic and single player no problem in these modes, but as soon as I press start on P2's controller I get a crash.
Dunno if it's a change I did to my css or a brawlEx issue, but I can't seem to get it to work in my pack or on Nebulon's, so I figured it might be an ex issue.

My progress of Project M with BrawlEx:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks to Sammi & MeleeMaster ! :)

July 12, 2014, 12:32:08 AM #6665 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:33:11 AM by corpsra
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 05, 2014, 06:20:08 PM
For Rool you could always wait for my PSA over Pit. ;D

But it HAS been a while. Then again, PW's really busy, I hear.

you would instantly be my hero if you did do a PSA of Rool over Pit!  :laugh:

Quote from: corpsra on July 12, 2014, 12:32:08 AM
you would instantly be my hero if you did do a PSA of Rool over Pit!  :laugh:

I am. ;) Thanks. ;D I'm releasing a beta next weekend. :D

Enough about me, though. I wonder if the next update will feature either a stable build of the current Ex, or even a brand new build.

Quote from: [TLoZ]Link on July 11, 2014, 08:21:14 PM
My progress of Project M with BrawlEx:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks to Sammi & MeleeMaster ! :)
looks good id like to play if you can send me your build

So has the newest update been confirmed to work on Wiis?

Since I've been holding back on updating my BrawlEx Stuff, due to not knowing if the latest update worked on Wiis or not.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 12, 2014, 03:04:33 AM
So has the newest update been confirmed to work on Wiis?

Since I've been holding back on updating my BrawlEx Stuff, due to not knowing if the latest update worked on Wiis or not.
It... WORKS... but there are a fair number bugs so you may want to hold off on it for a bit.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 12, 2014, 03:04:33 AM
So has the newest update been confirmed to work on Wiis?

Since I've been holding back on updating my BrawlEx Stuff, due to not knowing if the latest update worked on Wiis or not.
It's really unstable, so I'd recommend keeping on the last stable release. The amount of bugs it has right now outweighs its new features.

Quote from: Karna on July 12, 2014, 03:12:07 AMIt... WORKS... but there are a fair number bugs so you may want to hold off on it for a bit.
Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 12, 2014, 03:16:40 AMIt's really unstable, so I'd recommend keeping on the last stable release. The amount of bugs it has right now outweighs its new features.
Alright. I'll wait then.

Thank you for the info.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

To add another to the list of bugs for new unstable build... (I don't think this was mentioned before...?) Final Smashes for clones crash the game.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: RafaTeMata on July 12, 2014, 02:39:07 AM
looks good id like to play if you can send me your build

I want to keep adding neat stuff to it but it is stable and ready to use with no problems. I might plan on releasing a variant of it sometime soon.

July 12, 2014, 08:26:36 AM #6674 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:18:08 AM by Sirkura
I've run into some issues trying to get this working. i got all the files finally set up, and tried to load the game, it loads then just black screens at the strap screen. won't go past it i am using configurable usb loader with AXNextFrame hook set. (gecko)

*update: i just tried the newest b- update that uses the BeX engine, it does the same thing. so it is not the file set up. B- i know works on a friends wii. Any idea's why it won't work?

I am using CFG USB Loader with IOS 249 (d2x) to run brawl with gecko using a 2gig Sandisc SD card