The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SneakyTailsdoll123 on July 23, 2014, 04:44:29 PM
I NEED HELP!
Every time I enter the selection screen, my clone is replaced with "Random" and freeze on highlighting it or getting too close. I'm new to this Lol.
Any help would be appreciated!
Check out the OP under the troubleshooting section... Then if that isn't the problem ask here again. :P

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on July 23, 2014, 05:06:54 PM
Check out the OP under the troubleshooting section... Then if that isn't the problem ask here again. :P
I did everything the troubleshoot section said. I have the common2.pac and bx_fighter.rel in there respective folders, so I don't know the source of the problem


You have the Kirby .rel?
Do you have the CSSRoster.dat?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on July 23, 2014, 06:22:54 PM
You have the Kirby .rel?
Do you have the CSSRoster.dat?
Yep. I have both

Okay so i have homebrew on my wii and other hacks for brawl seem to work fine, but i tried using gecko os and project m to load brawlex packs but none of the packs seem to work. Every time i run it through gecko os using hook type axnextframe it just comes out as regular brawl or the character selection screen is empty, i googled everywhere and couldnt find a solution, can anyone help me with this please?

July 23, 2014, 10:59:33 PM #6786 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:02:06 PM by [TLoZ]Link
Quote from: Xxolimarxx on July 23, 2014, 10:33:29 PM
Okay so i have homebrew on my wii and other hacks for brawl seem to work fine, but i tried using gecko os and project m to load brawlex packs but none of the packs seem to work. Every time i run it through gecko os using hook type axnextframe it just comes out as regular brawl or the character selection screen is empty, i googled everywhere and couldnt find a solution, can anyone help me with this please?

1.Make sure you have the proper RSBX01.gct (x=your region)
2. Make sure Ocarina is ON(downloading a pack usually replaces your gecko settings to be sure to double check!)
3.Make sure the hooktype is set to OSSleepthread or AXNextFrame
3. Have the hacked version of the mod if using gecko (it means x:/private/rsbe/etc... and not projectm/pf)

Quote from: Xxolimarxx on July 23, 2014, 10:33:29 PM
Okay so i have homebrew on my wii and other hacks for brawl seem to work fine, but i tried using gecko os and project m to load brawlex packs but none of the packs seem to work. Every time i run it through gecko os using hook type axnextframe it just comes out as regular brawl or the character selection screen is empty, i googled everywhere and couldnt find a solution, can anyone help me with this please?

Is your SD card over 2 gigs? If it is, you must use the SDHC code and Project M Launcher.

July 24, 2014, 03:09:31 AM #6788 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:39:35 AM by SneakyTailsdoll123
COMPLETE EDIT: I got the ability to make a complete Shadow! So everything works....With the fact the Beep of death makes it's appearance after the match is either force quit or just ends. I got everything else working (CSS, Portrites, BattleNames, Mark).
The Random slot still has Sonic's name above, and there is a distorted picture next to the Button pictures in the pause menu. If you need any more info to help me, I'll gladly say.
Any info and help will be greatly appreciated!

Quote from: leondanny56 on July 23, 2014, 08:28:19 AM
the rob.rel you mentioned definitely works, i use it currently for my megamanX clone that's over rob, however i have not tested the final smash.

sweet thats actually what i'm going to be using it for xD a friend  wants to have Zero and X on the BeX roster. still can't figure out why they keep freezing tho Dx

update: also upgraded my cios from d2x v6 to v8 with 56(249), 57(250) and 58(251). nothing seems to be helping me run BeX on my wii. it still gets a black screen after the strap loader.

Quote from: Sirkura on July 24, 2014, 07:55:47 AM
sweet thats actually what i'm going to be using it for xD a friend  wants to have Zero and X on the BeX roster. still can't figure out why they keep freezing tho Dx

update: also upgraded my cios from d2x v6 to v8 with 56(249), 57(250) and 58(251). nothing seems to be helping me run BeX on my wii. it still gets a black screen after the strap loader.
i had problems with wiiflow so i moved to configurable usb
wiiflow wouldnt even load vbrawl by usb

Quote from: Sirkura on July 24, 2014, 07:55:47 AM
sweet thats actually what i'm going to be using it for xD a friend  wants to have Zero and X on the BeX roster. still can't figure out why they keep freezing tho Dx

update: also upgraded my cios from d2x v6 to v8 with 56(249), 57(250) and 58(251). nothing seems to be helping me run BeX on my wii. it still gets a black screen after the strap loader.

Try Hermes cios. I believe that's what I have (not 100% certain), and it works perfectly.

July 25, 2014, 06:37:50 AM #6792 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:42:06 AM by Sirkura
Quote from: Makarew on July 24, 2014, 10:41:01 PM
Try Hermes cios. I believe that's what I have (not 100% certain), and it works perfectly.

i managed to fix it thank you all who offered troubleshooting advice. turns out the iso i had was the problem, it must have gotten corrupt at some point. i reripped it with my friends wii and BeX works flawlessly now.

now a new issue. i've been following sami's tutorial on cosmetics. i add the files to my selcharacter and set them up using hex. however now it shows a random icon that freezes when i scroll over it? also sammi's tutorial only shows how to add 1 costume. what would i have to do to add more CSP's?

also just out of curiosity, does the 3.5.1b FPC tell the game to look for the extra BeX files? i was thinking about it and realised the game shouldn't even be able to read them unless there is code telling he game to. just kinda curious about how it works.

Quote from: Sirkura on July 25, 2014, 06:37:50 AM
also just out of curiosity, does the 3.5.1b FPC tell the game to look for the extra BeX files? i was thinking about it and realised the game shouldn't even be able to read them unless there is code telling he game to. just kinda curious about how it works.
I believe the code just tells the game to look for the bx_fighter.rel which in turn loads the configs. But I may be mistaken. I don't feel like loading up Dolphin to see what loads what to check.


I don't know if this is directly BrawlEX related or not but when I select certain characters dolphin shows textboxes saying stuff like 'only have permission to read' and 'attempted to write:'

Anyone know how to fix this?