The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on July 25, 2014, 10:33:57 AM
I don't know if this is directly BrawlEX related or not but when I select certain characters dolphin shows textboxes saying stuff like 'only have permission to read' and 'attempted to write:'

Anyone know how to fix this?

sounds more like a comp issue. tried running dolphin as administer?

Quote from: Sirkura on July 25, 2014, 11:56:56 AM
sounds more like a comp issue. tried running dolphin as administer?

Explain please.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on July 25, 2014, 01:55:26 PM
Explain please.

right click on dolphin>run as administrator>yes>????>profit?

For the developers of this project or anyone who wants to make a Riivolution compatible version or XML this can be a good starting point http://smashboards.com/threads/riivolution-xml-and-files-for-pm-3-02.343475/

That is if a riivolution version isn't already in development. I tried this pack out myself only for it to freeze at the loading screen but apparently it does load the clones.
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

It worked, can I set it so it always automatically loads that way?

How do I expand the costumes of the original characters?


Quote from: BlazeBlue on July 25, 2014, 08:05:46 PM
How do I expand the costumes of the original characters?
A combination of editing their CSSSlotConfig files and their FighterConfig files for brawlex. You need to set them to 10 in the fighterconfig (or to however many you want) then add them into the cssslotconfig data so they'll be selectable from the css. I think there's info in the OP on how to edit those files.


How can I make a clone characters use a game logo or insignia that was already in the game? Like for example, using a fire emblem insignia for a clone character?

Quote from: Thomasco2013 on July 26, 2014, 12:09:41 AM
How can I make a clone characters use a game logo or insignia that was already in the game? Like for example, using a fire emblem insignia for a clone character?
Part of the CosmeticConfig data, 0x14 just check the value used by the template marth template if you wanted the fire emblem one.

Thank you, I thought it was something in the selcharacters.pac that needed to be done

I've been having this problem recently. When I add characters everything is ok, I was able to add 3F to 46 but then I got a silent freeze and now I see a bunch of random icons and idk why a rob, ness and someone else on the icons, it freezes when I hover the cursor over them, do you know what the problem might be?

Ok I've started doing external gfx porting for ex characters by using the renaming method(rename the ef file and change the id calls in the psa). It usually works but with a couple character no gfx will load (Amaterasu and Saber). Does this mean I need to do porting the long way as in Nebulon's guide? Or is it pointless?

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on July 25, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
It worked, can I set it so it always automatically loads that way?
assuming you have a shortcut made for dolphin, right click the icon, go to properties then go to the shortcut tab. then click advanced near the bottom and check run as admin. it will set that file to run a admin every time.