The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Alright guys... I'm having some issues that I have never encountered before... I have documented them in this picture montage along with other info, but first:

What is wrong:
1. The css icon looks like Random even thought I'm pretty sure I have done everything right.
2. The CSP shows up, but the name says Random.
3. Just some other things to clean it up:
    -How do I either get rid of the franchise icons for everyone, or how do I change from the pokeball to a dragonball?
    -The name on the results screen; How do I change it?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: brawlboy22 on September 16, 2014, 02:02:19 PM
Yea i was pretty sure you guys have them but from my understanding their still incomplete for a release right?
Indeed. I can't release mine unless it's extensively tested, because I don't want to release it if it has any major bugs. So far, I've only went as far as reaching character 44 Hex (68 Dec). That means Random + 46 characters (including ZSS, Sheik and each individual pokémon).

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Just came to see if there have been any updates since I was last around, but while I'm here:

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on September 16, 2014, 05:20:20 PM
I don't think so.

The more you can have without conflicting is 10 costume slots per character (excluding Wario who has 12).

For example:

You want Mario to have 12 costumes. Only 10 will be possible because the next 2 costume slots are already used by Donkey Kong.

I've been thinking about this. We can reassign character cosmetic slots via Cosmetic Config, right? The same way we assign Clones their own cosmetic slots. What if we did that for each default character?

Like, Mario is slot 00, but instead of giving DK the normal 01, we give him cosmetic 02. That way, Mario has room for 12 slots without conflicting with DK. Of course, moving DK to 02 means we'd need to move Link to 03, Samus to 04 and so on. We'd increment each characters' cosmetic slots by 1. To take the idea further, though, what if we could increment by two so that every character can have 12 costumes? IE assign Mario 00, DK to 02, Link to 04, Samus to 06, and so on. The only thing is, I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of cosmetic slot IDs in the game...

Eh, just something I've been thinking about and thought I'd mention it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on September 18, 2014, 05:51:08 AM
Just came to see if there have been any updates since I was last around, but while I'm here:

I've been thinking about this. We can reassign character cosmetic slots via Cosmetic Config, right? The same way we assign Clones their own cosmetic slots. What if we did that for each default character?

Like, Mario is slot 00, but instead of giving DK the normal 01, we give him cosmetic 02. That way, Mario has room for 12 slots without conflicting with DK. Of course, moving DK to 02 means we'd need to move Link to 03, Samus to 04 and so on. We'd increment each characters' cosmetic slots by 1. To take the idea further, though, what if we could increment by two so that every character can have 12 costumes? IE assign Mario 00, DK to 02, Link to 04, Samus to 06, and so on. The only thing is, I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of cosmetic slot IDs in the game...

Eh, just something I've been thinking about and thought I'd mention it.
I feel like that would cause more headaches than it would be worth. It would be much simpler to just change the cssslot configs to use Miscdata 100 or something for the few characters you want it for rather than change the CSSSlot configs for every character.
That way, you don't need the CSSSlot configs for every single character and can avoid having to wait 5 minutes for the game to load.


What were the issues with the SDHC codes and Brawl EX? Were there any? If you use Brawl EX and SDHC expansion, let me know if that opens up any limitations. Or did it just conflict with something else? If someone could tell me, that'd be swell.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on September 19, 2014, 05:56:48 AM
What were the issues with the SDHC codes and Brawl EX? Were there any? If you use Brawl EX and SDHC expansion, let me know if that opens up any limitations. Or did it just conflict with something else? If someone could tell me, that'd be swell.

I've been using them all along, with no issues whatsoever.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: ShinF on September 18, 2014, 05:51:08 AM
Just came to see if there have been any updates since I was last around, but while I'm here:

I've been thinking about this. We can reassign character cosmetic slots via Cosmetic Config, right? The same way we assign Clones their own cosmetic slots. What if we did that for each default character?

Like, Mario is slot 00, but instead of giving DK the normal 01, we give him cosmetic 02. That way, Mario has room for 12 slots without conflicting with DK. Of course, moving DK to 02 means we'd need to move Link to 03, Samus to 04 and so on. We'd increment each characters' cosmetic slots by 1. To take the idea further, though, what if we could increment by two so that every character can have 12 costumes? IE assign Mario 00, DK to 02, Link to 04, Samus to 06, and so on. The only thing is, I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of cosmetic slot IDs in the game...

Eh, just something I've been thinking about and thought I'd mention it.

The problem is that the slots were hard coded.
In order to make Mario have 12 slots we should replace another character, in this case Donkey Kong.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Blazingflare on September 18, 2014, 06:49:55 AM
I feel like that would cause more headaches than it would be worth. It would be much simpler to just change the cssslot configs to use Miscdata 100 or something for the few characters you want it for rather than change the CSSSlot configs for every character.
That way, you don't need the CSSSlot configs for every single character and can avoid having to wait 5 minutes for the game to load.
i would do it for characters that cant be cloned yet, that way we can at least have alternate costumes for these players

Quote from: Nebulon on September 19, 2014, 05:56:48 AM
What were the issues with the SDHC codes and Brawl EX? Were there any? If you use Brawl EX and SDHC expansion, let me know if that opens up any limitations. Or did it just conflict with something else? If someone could tell me, that'd be swell.
Dantarion's alternate stage loader is incompatible, pretty sure is custom sound engine also breaks since I wasn't able to get new music tracks added in for alternate victory tunes or for more songs in the css song cycle code.
It works fine with BrawlEx though, I've been using it for awhile now.

I cloned Marth and everything I have the correct files on the BrawlEx folder but when I play as the cloned Marth In-game appears like Mario, Can somebody help me.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Wooflezz on September 20, 2014, 09:25:14 PM
I cloned Marth and everything I have the correct files on the BrawlEx folder but when I play as the cloned Marth In-game appears like Mario, Can somebody help me.

Can you please post your codeset?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

September 20, 2014, 10:25:31 PM #7301 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:26:41 PM by Wooflezz
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on September 20, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
Can you please post your codeset?
I will rephrase everything I said to a much easier thing: I get Mario instead of Marth in-game
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Wooflezz on September 20, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
I will rephrase everything I said to a much easier thing: I get Mario instead of Marth in-game
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Is that the only code you have?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on September 20, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

Is that the only code you have?
nope, I though you would only need that one sorry, here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i think teh css fix for giga is the problem
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.