The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What files could be causing a freeze at the end of the match?

I did everything just how I remembered, but it's been a while since I mess with these, so I might have forgotten somethin'.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


did you remember results screen portraits?
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


I THINK I did. They're the ones on menu\common\char_bust_tex, right?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


So where in the EX Fighter config do you edit announcer calls? If there's a tut or something for it you can just point me there, but if someone knows then it'd help me out big time.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

October 21, 2014, 02:29:56 AM #7429 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:31:14 AM by br3compactor
It's in the OP. The "code" code doesn't really help, though.

Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM
Cosmetic Config Files
(COSC)


CosmeticConfig files control the data associated with displaying portrait data for the character as well as their franchise icon and announcer call. They also control the text-based name shown for the character on the victory screen.

Example Path:
SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/BrawlEx/CosmeticConfig/Cosmetic3F.dat

File Format:

Cosmetic Config0x00 Tag ("COSC")
0x04 File Size (0x40)
0x08 Version (2)
0x0C Edit Flags

0x10 Cosmetic ID
0x11 Unknown
0x12 *Primary Character
0x13 *Secondary Character
0x14 Franchise
0x15 Unknown3
0x16 Unknown4
0x17 Unknown5
0x18 Announcer SFX
0x1C Unknown6
0x1D Unknown7
0x1E Unknown8
0x1F Unknown9
0x20 Victory Name (0x20 chars)

Edit Flags:
0x01 Set Primary Character, Secondary Character

* Not set unless specified in Edit Flags.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2014, 02:29:56 AM
It's in the OP. The "code" code doesn't really help, though.

Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2014, 02:29:56 AM
It's in the OP. The "code" code doesn't really help, though.

Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2014, 02:29:56 AM
It's in the OP. The "code" code doesn't really help, though.


Ah, I haven't visited the OP in a while. Thank you!
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on October 21, 2014, 02:35:45 AM
Ah, I haven't visited the OP in a while. Thank you!

Glad to help :)
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hello all, I have a problem. When I try to extract the BrawlEx Config Utility, it won't allow me to. Does anybody have an alternative link or can somebody put it on dropbox? Thank you!

Quote from: br3compactor on October 21, 2014, 02:16:54 AM
I THINK I did. They're the ones on menu\common\char_bust_tex, right?
yeah that's right. Is the crash only happening with a particular character? Might be a psa issue. I know I've had that before.

How can I get sc_selmap.pac to load? Mine won't.

October 21, 2014, 02:32:41 PM #7435 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:15:02 PM by br3compactor
Quote from: secretchaos1 on October 21, 2014, 06:52:22 AM
yeah that's right. Is the crash only happening with a particular character? Might be a psa issue. I know I've had that before.

No, I've already tested by changing its cosmetic slot for another character that worked. And it had no issues. I don't know what could be wrong.

EDIT: Figured out the issue! The compression. It should have been "none". Now it works alright ;D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


October 22, 2014, 01:31:13 AM #7436 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:36:47 AM by Julum
I'm probably being stupid, but I copied the files from Nebulon's BrawlEx pack, with the RSBE01.gct that came with it to my SD card and made sure Riivolution's Ocarina Handler was set to AXNextFrame, but I get a black screen when I try to launch Brawl. I assumed the BrawlEx pack had all the needed files, but I guess I was wrong. What do I do after copying the BrawlEx pack to my SD card? I haven't modded Brawl (or even used my Wii) for a long time, so maybe I'm doing something wrong in Riivolution, too.

Quote from: Julum on October 22, 2014, 01:31:13 AM
I'm probably being stupid, but I copied the files from Nebulon's BrawlEx pack, with the RSBE01.gct that came with it to my SD card and made sure Riivolution's Ocarina Handler was set to AXNextFrame, but I get a black screen when I try to launch Brawl. I assumed the BrawlEx pack had all the needed files, but I guess I was wrong. What do I do after copying the BrawlEx pack to my SD card? I haven't modded Brawl (or even used my Wii) for a long time, so maybe I'm doing something wrong in Riivolution, too.
To use brawlex with riivo you need the proper xml. Might as well use gecko my friend.

Okay, so I'm helping on a project that is trying to put two characters on one icon. So far it's a success. The only thing left to do is to have the 2nd character also have team colors. Wario has two sets of team colors, and I wanted to know if anyone knew how to achieve the same effect on a nonWario character.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on October 22, 2014, 03:49:40 AMWario has two sets of team colors, and I wanted to know if anyone knew how to achieve the same effect on a nonWario character.
Been trying to figure this out, too...
Doubt I'll figure it out, but if I do I'll let you know.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!