The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Using a wifi code and assuming you're not using anything that inherently causes desyncs (eg codes that read raw controller input during the game) then you should be able to play online.

Hi all! This isn't 100% related, but it does have BrawlEx in mind.

I want to start experimenting with changing some of the sound effects in Brawl (I've never done it before). Just wondering where the best place to start with this is. I want to replace base character (eg. Mario, Meta Knight, etc) as well as BrawlEx once I become more proficient at everything.

So do I use the 'Sawndz' program, or the 'Super Sawndz' program, or something else entirely? Do I have to worry about the Replacement SoundBank Engine, and if so, does the code conflict with anything to do with BrawlEx?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 17, 2015, 01:08:16 AM
Hi all! This isn't 100% related, but it does have BrawlEx in mind.

I want to start experimenting with changing some of the sound effects in Brawl (I've never done it before). Just wondering where the best place to start with this is. I want to replace base character (eg. Mario, Meta Knight, etc) as well as BrawlEx once I become more proficient at everything.

So do I use the 'Sawndz' program, or the 'Super Sawndz' program, or something else entirely? Do I have to worry about the Replacement SoundBank Engine, and if so, does the code conflict with anything to do with BrawlEx?

The RSBE Code is uncompatible with BrawlEx, sorry.

Just kidding.

To make your BrawlEx character have SFX you'll need to change it's SFX IDs using PSA and/or BrawlBox.
People had told me that a Hex Editor also works, but I haven't found any tutorial about that.
Then use either BrawlBox or Super Sawndz to make your .sawnd files.

Oh, and obviously add the RSBE Code to the GCT.
For further information you can check any tutorial about PSA stuff.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Thanks man!

So I'm completely new to replacing sound effects. Feel free to link me somewhere that's more appropriate but I can't find a main thread explaining it. They say the RSBE code is an 'addition' to the File Patch Code - does that mean I attach it to the end of the File Patch Code, or put it in as a seperate code (Eg The File Patch Code and Unrestricted Pause Camera code are separate codes)?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 17, 2015, 03:21:40 AM
Thanks man!

So I'm completely new to replacing sound effects. Feel free to link me somewhere that's more appropriate but I can't find a main thread explaining it. They say the RSBE code is an 'addition' to the File Patch Code - does that mean I attach it to the end of the File Patch Code, or put it in as a seperate code (Eg The File Patch Code and Unrestricted Pause Camera code are separate codes)?

No, you need to add it as a separate code for it to work.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Too easy - about to test it out. Thanks a bunch!
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 01, 2014, 05:37:16 AM
Hopefully this works with Riivo. I can't use SD cards. D:
It does now. I figured it out here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206955

It's only for Brawl Minus 3.Q though, i think. Experiment with other BrawlEx packs with the xml.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

I asked this in the past, but completely forgot the answer and couldn't find it when I checked the last 10-15 pages or so.

Do either of these codes conflict with BrawlEx?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If they do conflict, is there any way to get extra stages for BrawlEx without using the Alternate Stage Loader method (where there's two or more stages for the one base, a la Mushroomy Kingdom [eg If you select Final Destination, 1 of 3 possible stages is loaded])

Also, how do you make the stage load with music that you choose? i.e can I edit it so the stage loads a track or two of my choosing, like say a Subspace Emissary track or the Tournament Grid theme, etc. I can replace those tracks easy enough, but don't know how to make it so those tracks play on the extra inserted stages of my choosing
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

I think so, the maxed out CSS can conflict because there was this one code PhantomWings put: the Custom CSS code. That was probably meant for BrawlEx if you are using a clean start to adding characters on the roster.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Sorry I don't think I'm reading it right.

I am starting fresh - I haven't added any new characters yet, only added icons for Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, as well as re-arranged the order of the CSS.

I'm working off the included tutorial from this download:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17147

Would I even need the CSS code, considering I'm editing the CSS via the cssroster.dat file? Could I just use the PhantomWings code and have it work?

Or is there a better method then the link I provided?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

The code you post doesn't conflict with the CSS (Character Select Screen) code because that code is for the Stage Select Screen (SSS) and you don't need to use the CSS code if you're using the BrawlEx CSS Expansion.

And for editing the music you need to use this code:
Stage-Dependent Song Loader [Oshtoby]
28708ceb 000000SS
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF00YYYY
E0000000 80008000

Where SS is the ID of the stage and YYYY is the brstm ID

These are the ID of the expansion stage:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And for the brstm ID use this text file to search for the ID: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqnlocyg9i7pxxd/Music%20IDs.txt?dl=0

Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

So can I only have one track for each stage? Or can I put the code in more then once

Eg. Could I do this:
28708ceb 00000040
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF0027F0
E0000000 80008000

28708ceb 00000040
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF0027F1
E0000000 80008000

I feel like if I tried this it would only load one song, as I wouldn't be able to adjust the appearance rate in the 'My Music' menu, so it would only ever load the first song. I could be completely wrong though.
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

You need to have one code per stage and you can only have one song per stage.

That's fine - just wanted to check. Thank you so much!!
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 19, 2015, 01:52:18 AM
Sorry I don't think I'm reading it right.

I am starting fresh - I haven't added any new characters yet, only added icons for Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, as well as re-arranged the order of the CSS.

I'm working off the included tutorial from this download:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17147

Would I even need the CSS code, considering I'm editing the CSS via the cssroster.dat file? Could I just use the PhantomWings code and have it work?

Or is there a better method then the link I provided?

I was only trying to help. I don't know much about this CSS code stuff and conflicts, but I tried to answer with my own knowledge about BrawlEx.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy