The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Cyprus on February 23, 2015, 01:50:35 AM
You can? Huh never knew. So I can just follow a random clone tutorial or that won't work?

Yes, of course.

But if you use the CSSRoster.dat file, you don't need the Custom CSS Code.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Well that's a shame to hear but you did accomplish the unthinkable with this, PW. I'll still be hoping someday for BrawlEx to encompass stages as well, but for now I think the earlier mentioned methods for doubling the current SSS is more than enough.
Still best of luck with whatever it is you do in life outside of the brawl scene, and thanks so much for making the clone engine a reality!

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on February 23, 2015, 02:03:45 AM
Yes, of course.

But if you use the CSSRoster.dat file, you don't need the Custom CSS Code.
Oh really? Thanks bro!

Hey, I'm new to hacking and wanted to add some characters to Project M using the Clone Engine for my brothers. I've read the tutorial and have seen some videos on YouTube, but when loading the game nothing changes and the game crashes on the CSS. Is there any way to do this or is there a special and/or difficult way to do this.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on February 25, 2015, 03:02:53 AM
Hey, I'm new to hacking and wanted to add some characters to Project M using the Clone Engine for my brothers. I've read the tutorial and have seen some videos on YouTube, but when loading the game nothing changes and the game crashes on the CSS. Is there any way to do this or is there a special and/or difficult way to do this.

Second one. Projects like Project M Unbound or Project M DIY have incorporated Ex into P:M, perhaps looking into those will give you an idea.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on February 25, 2015, 03:57:55 AM
Second one. Projects like Project M Unbound or Project M DIY have incorporated Ex into P:M, perhaps looking into those will give you an idea.

Its not so much that I don't know who to add but, its that when i try it doesn't work at all. So if I read what you said correctly if I(for example) download D.I.Y. I can add characters to it and it will be the same as playing PM?
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

February 25, 2015, 06:47:27 AM #7866 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:48:32 AM by PMCB
Quote from: omegafalcon on February 25, 2015, 05:07:12 AM
Its not so much that I don't know who to add but, its that when i try it doesn't work at all. So if I read what you said correctly if I(for example) download D.I.Y. I can add characters to it and it will be the same as playing PM?
Yes. I believe that DIY and Unbound only have working versions available for v3.02. They will work for what you need for now. I know the DIY team is in the process of decoding PMv3.5 right now.
Note that each of these are not actually PM itself. You can't use BrawlEx with the original files from Project M. These are just BrawlEx packs that are made to function like PM. It more than likely won't be as smooth as vanilla PM, but for the casual gamer you won't be able to tell the difference. (Unless your like me and play competitively :P then you notice)

Quote from: PMCB on February 25, 2015, 06:47:27 AM
Yes. I believe that DIY and Unbound only have working versions available for v3.02. They will work for what you need for now. I know the DIY team is in the process of decoding PMv3.5 right now.
Note that each of these are not actually PM itself. You can't use BrawlEx with the original files from Project M. These are just BrawlEx packs that are made to function like PM. It more than likely won't be as smooth as vanilla PM, but for the casual gamer you won't be able to tell the difference. (Unless your like me and play competitively :P then you notice)

Ok I tried adding a Black Knight PSA to D.I.Y. but when I tested it his CSS was in random places on the CSS and the game froze seconds after loading it.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on February 25, 2015, 05:14:35 PM
Ok I tried adding a Black Knight PSA to D.I.Y. but when I tested it his CSS was in random places on the CSS and the game froze seconds after loading it.
CSS in random places?... So like the image was over multiple characters, or did it just appear more than one time? If you just add a single clone it should just add it to the end of the roster after random... Are you using a tool to add the clone, or are you doing it by hand?

In that situation I personally, because you only are working with 1 clone, would just start the process over again. Get a fresh download of DIY and first test to see if that works. If that works then just add the clone, but don't worry about any of it's images. So instead of looking like the Black Knight on the CSS it would just look like another Ganondorf clone. Test to see if all the clone files work. If that works, then worry about changing all the images.

That is what I do to save me the trouble of bug fixing later. Trust me. I've learned the hard way. Don't try and add 20+ clones at a time and expect it to work... I tried that once. Spent hours getting it all ready, only for it to crash at the CSS. Check it one step at a time so that you don't have to worry trying to find that 1 thing out of 1000 different variables that causes it to crash! :P

February 25, 2015, 08:56:23 PM #7869 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:02:29 PM by omegafalcon
Quote from: PMCB on February 25, 2015, 08:22:15 PM
CSS in random places?... So like the image was over multiple characters, or did it just appear more than one time? If you just add a single clone it should just add it to the end of the roster after random... Are you using a tool to add the clone, or are you doing it by hand?

In that situation I personally, because you only are working with 1 clone, would just start the process over again. Get a fresh download of DIY and first test to see if that works. If that works then just add the clone, but don't worry about any of it's images. So instead of looking like the Black Knight on the CSS it would just look like another Ganondorf clone. Test to see if all the clone files work. If that works, then worry about changing all the images.

That is what I do to save me the trouble of bug fixing later. Trust me. I've learned the hard way. Don't try and add 20+ clones at a time and expect it to work... I tried that once. Spent hours getting it all ready, only for it to crash at the CSS. Check it one step at a time so that you don't have to worry trying to find that 1 thing out of 1000 different variables that causes it to crash! :P

Ok I started over with a new completely new download of D.I.Y. and for some reason when using the Brawl Configure Unity tool to change the character select screen theres already an extra character configured(the ID I believe is 41). I checked the module and I found "sora_menu_" files in there, could that be causing the problem. Believe it or not I actually have 9 siblings and they picked out 7-8 diffrent characters to use. I  wanted to add them all one at a time, but I cant get one of them to work.

Since there was already a Slot configured I thought I could add him using the extra slot already there without adding the images for the CSS, but it still froze on the character select screen. I'm using the tools from the first page and using a tutorial I found on YouTube as a step by step to add the character. I also wanted to know if it could be the PSA I'm using thats causing the game to freeze.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

February 25, 2015, 10:15:13 PM #7870 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:58:59 PM by LinkFX リンク
Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 20, 2015, 05:17:20 AM
Thank you. I appreciate any effort from anyone who tries to help me out. I just figured this would be the place to ask regarding possible conflicts - there's nothing worse then getting all the files done correctly and making your own textures and stuff, and then finding out that it won't work due to a conflict.

On my 14th extra stage, and everything's working fine thus far :kdance:
No worries, I have this kind of problem too. Man, you have so much questions about this BrawlEx.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

February 26, 2015, 04:04:09 AM #7871 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:55:27 PM by PMCB
Quote from: omegafalcon on February 25, 2015, 08:56:23 PM
Ok I started over with a new completely new download of D.I.Y. and for some reason when using the Brawl Configure Unity tool to change the character select screen theres already an extra character configured(the ID I believe is 41). I checked the module and I found "sora_menu_" files in there, could that be causing the problem. Believe it or not I actually have 9 siblings and they picked out 7-8 diffrent characters to use. I  wanted to add them all one at a time, but I cant get one of them to work.

Since there was already a Slot configured I thought I could add him using the extra slot already there without adding the images for the CSS, but it still froze on the character select screen. I'm using the tools from the first page and using a tutorial I found on YouTube as a step by step to add the character. I also wanted to know if it could be the PSA I'm using thats causing the game to freeze.

The PSA shouldn't make it freeze at the CSS... The "sora_menu_" files should be there...
I just downloaded DIY myself to check the files. You are making sure to create a new clone with ID 41, yes? 3F and 40 are for Roy and Mewtwo who are already set up.

Ah! I think I know. I'm going through the process myself using the tool. Module. Are you making sure to add the ft_ganonBX file into the module folder? If you don't add and edit that, then it won't work. The tool doesn't seem to add that file automatically. So you will have to edit and add the module yourself.

Here's a mini tutorial for you that I just threw together. (This does not cover images, it only adds a clone.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


2. Add a clone, and you will see that it added the necissary files to the BrawlEx directory. It also added the slot in the CSSRoster.dat
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3. Change the name of the clone to the desired name. In this case I changed it to BlackKnight.
Then make a new folder /pf/fighter/blackknight/ Inside of that put the required files. Rename them to fitBlackKnight... I screwed up and forgot to capitalize the 'K' in the picture. The name should stay the same for all files.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


4. Edit the module. You will need to copy the ft_ganonBX file into the module folder, and rename it to ft_blackknight. Then open it in module editor and change the 14 to 41 in section8. This is changing it from Ganon's ID to the new clones ID.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You should now have a working clone.

Please note that I haven't tested this, so it is all theoretical. :P


Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 05:09:06 AM

Alright. I went ahead and made a mini tutorial on the images too. That way there is no confusion. Yet again. Not tested. I will test it later and edit something if it doesn't work for some reason. (It should work ;))
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


2. Change the FileIndex of the new MiscData[] from 0 to 110.  Why 110? I know there is a reason, but I can't quite think of it from the top of my head... something about not interfering with other files or something. For all consecutive clones you would just add 1. So 110, 111, 112, etc...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3. Add the CSP portraits for you character. Compress them to CMPR instead of C18. Be sure to name them MenSelchrFaceB.###1, MenSelchrFaceB.###2, MenSelchrFaceB.###3, etc... Replace the ### with the same FileIndex number as the MiscData. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101. (This 110 number is important. Remember it!)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


4. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[70]. Add your two new textures for the CSS name and icon. Be sure to name them MenSelchrChrFace.0### and MenSelchrChrNmS.0###.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


5. Now go to sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] and add your CSP Name file. Be sure to name it MenSelchrChrNm.###1.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


5.5. Now to make the names and icon appear on screen you must follow these steps:

sc_selcharacter.pac\MiscData[30]\AnmTexPat(NW4R)\nSelchrCname4_TopN__0\
  Card010\Texture0\ +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
  Card011\Texture0\ +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNm.1101)
  (FrameCount = 1111)aka(+10)

sc_selcharacter.pac\MiscData[30]\AnmTexPat(NW4R)\MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0\
  Face02\Texture0\ +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrFace.110)
  Face06\Texture0\ +New Entry (FrameIndex=1101 Texture=MenSelchrChrNmS.110)
  (FrameCount = 1111)aka(+10)
  (export MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 and replace MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0)

Follow the directory paths given and add new entries at the end where they tell you. Also be sure to name the properly.

6. IMPORTANT! Without this step nothing you have done will matter. Find the Cosmetic##.dat config file for your clone. In this case Cosmetic41 and open it in a hex editor. The editor I use is called HxD. Also pull out your calculator and change it's setting to programmer. If you put 110 into the calculator and convert it to Hex you get 6E. Use the calculator to convert any future numbers like; 112 = 70 or 124 = 7C.
Now in the hex editor change 1st value in the second row to that new hex number. This will change it from searching for Ganon's files to all files associated with 110. Save that file!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


7. Add BPs. Get some InfFace.pac files and rename them to InfFace1101 and so forth. Inside of them replace the textures with the desired BPs and save.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


8. Now add the MenSelchrFaceB###0 file. It is the same basic process as the BPs, but instead of seperate files they are all in one. Replace what you need. These ones line up with the CSPs in char_bust_text_lz77. Be sure to rename them so that they have your clone ID of 110. So MenSelchrFaceB.1101, MenSelchrFaceB.1102, ect...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



For me, getting the BPs, CSPs, and costumes to all line up is a pain. I know that certain ones go together, but I usually just trial and error fix it after I have everything there. Just some image replacing. Nothing too strenuous.

I hope this helps. I'm going to try it out now. I'll make revisions to this tut if necessary after.


Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 07:13:57 AM

The cloning part worked... But the cosmetics didn't. My tutorial is a little off. I think I did something wrong in step 6. Changing the 14 to 6E didn't seem to do anything. Can anyone help me out on this? I can't seem to remember. :P Which config, and what value is changed?

Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 05:44:24 PM

Alright! So I wrote/edited the tutorial a little bit. Only for this to be the result!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The game also crashes after battle when going to the results screen. This has happened to me in the past and I'm not sure why.
If anyone else can see where I've gone wrong, please inform me. This is rather annoying... I think I had this same issue like 2 months ago, and no one addressed it then either. Help would be appreciated.

Alright I followed your instructions on adding the clone to see if it worked, and didn't have any problems on the CSS. Now when I go to the SSS and select a stage  it looks like its loading but it never actually loads.

Other than that, It looks like the clone worked. I didn't realized that it automatically created a slot on the CSS and that was probably what the problem was.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on February 26, 2015, 06:52:22 PM
Alright I followed your instructions on adding the clone to see if it worked, and didn't have any problems on the CSS. Now when I go to the SSS and select a stage  it looks like its loading but it never actually loads.

Other than that, It looks like the clone worked. I didn't realized that it automatically created a slot on the CSS and that was probably what the problem was.
So wait... you followed my instructions and it worked... but I followed my instructions and it didn't work... WTF?! Like all your images and names showed up properly on the CSS? Interesting...

As far as your crash after SSS. That means you are missing files in the fighter folder, or files are not named properly. The game is trying to load something that it can't find, so it just sits there. If you have all the correct files and names, and it still doesn't work, double check to make sure you have the module how it should be.

Quote from: PMCB on February 26, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
So wait... you followed my instructions and it worked... but I followed my instructions and it didn't work... WTF?! Like all your images and names showed up properly on the CSS? Interesting...

As far as your crash after SSS. That means you are missing files in the fighter folder, or files are not named properly. The game is trying to load something that it can't find, so it just sits there. If you have all the correct files and names, and it still doesn't work, double check to make sure you have the module how it should be.

Ok so in your instructions you said to create a new fighter folder, but instead I just placed the "blackkinght" folder into the "fighter" folder already there. The module file is in the right place, but I'm still not sure why its not working.

I haven't added Black Knights CSS Images to the CSS yet, just wanted to see if the clone itself would work.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]