The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I already asked this before, but has someone made a succesful Bowser clone?

And is there a way to change his Final Smash so he doesn't transform/load Giga Bowser?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

is it possible at the moment to make a sheik solo hack?

Quote from: Ssisk on March 22, 2015, 11:57:53 PM
is it possible at the moment to make a sheik solo hack?

You can make a Sheik clone using the Zelda/Sheik module and make said Sheik clone to not transform in Zelda.

There's no Solo Sheik module because some of his stuff depend on Zelda.

I haven't done this yet, but many people had said that it can be done.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hm, i used the search function for this question.
how does one put multiple character PSA's onto one CSS slot?
I had an idea for Zelda (and other characters) that they would have variant PSA's based on Costume. I'm not sure how to do this with BrawlEX. Like the first costume is Vanilla, but after the red/green/blue costumes, you have an extra costume that has a small variant PSA that the chracter could have. I read that it was possible a while ago, but i never bothered trying it.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on March 24, 2015, 08:14:24 AM
Hm, i used the search function for this question.
how does one put multiple character PSA's onto one CSS slot?
I had an idea for Zelda (and other characters) that they would have variant PSA's based on Costume. I'm not sure how to do this with BrawlEX. Like the first costume is Vanilla, but after the red/green/blue costumes, you have an extra costume that has a small variant PSA that the chracter could have. I read that it was possible a while ago, but i never bothered trying it.
It's very easy! You just use Basic Variable LA-[54] to compare costume numbers.
So if you wanted, say, costume 5 to be the Zelda with differences, you would split the code up using that variable (If LA-[54] = < 5, do something, else do something else).

Quote from: itman on March 24, 2015, 10:47:18 AM
It's very easy! You just use Basic Variable LA-[54] to compare costume numbers.
So if you wanted, say, costume 5 to be the Zelda with differences, you would split the code up using that variable (If LA-[54] = < 5, do something, else do something else).
Well, this makes some sense. but i'm not exactly sure what this means. (me is confuse.)
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on March 24, 2015, 08:14:24 AM
Hm, i used the search function for this question.
how does one put multiple character PSA's onto one CSS slot?
I had an idea for Zelda (and other characters) that they would have variant PSA's based on Costume. I'm not sure how to do this with BrawlEX. Like the first costume is Vanilla, but after the red/green/blue costumes, you have an extra costume that has a small variant PSA that the chracter could have. I read that it was possible a while ago, but i never bothered trying it.

Currently there isn't any characters that normally support this kind of feature. The closest to it is Wario, but that's just a costume swap. There are ways you can go about doing it using codes I believe, but that's not actually changing the roster. Otherwise, as Itman said, you can create a custom moveset that will change which moves are used depending on the current costume. This is what Nebulon's Brawl4All already pack uses for certain characters.

Yet another thing I would like to get done someday is to add the ability to make any CSS icon have multiple characters like Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. In this way, you could use a single CSS icon for 2 or 4 different variants of a character that you could choose by clicking on the corners of the character's portrait. Again, this is another thing that will have to wait until I have time to do though...

Quote from: PhantomWings on March 24, 2015, 03:37:10 PM
*SNIP*

Ah, Cause i had an idea for marth. Where his normal costume was Vanilla, his Red costume used a fire based moveset, Blue was water. etc etc. Because PM did this, but i was hoping that one could further expand upon this. Like what would normally be Fitmarth05, would be a backward's bladed marth that had a totally different moveset.

But having a feature work like Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool. I don't like having 3 or 4 mario variants that take up 3 more slots than normal.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

i have just run into a glitch with brawlex version 2 when ever i try to do a 4 player match with me as kirby and the computers as captain falcon, olimar, and jiggly puff as soon as i choose any stage at all the game freezes even though all of those characters work in one on one matches.

also none of those characters are clone characters, there all normal characters they also have no movesets on them.
so phantom wings do you know why they might be freezing?

like i said they're not clone characters they're normal characters so why do they freeze when i choose any stage at all?
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on March 25, 2015, 12:52:02 AM

Ah, Cause i had an idea for marth. Where his normal costume was Vanilla, his Red costume used a fire based moveset, Blue was water. etc etc. Because PM did this, but i was hoping that one could further expand upon this. Like what would normally be Fitmarth05, would be a backward's bladed marth that had a totally different moveset.

But having a feature work like Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool. I don't like having 3 or 4 mario variants that take up 3 more slots than normal.
The Marth thing is possible using the variable I mentioned earlier.
PM me if you need help with the formatting of it in PSA.

So like...
Mine freezes on the strap menu when I have the Common3 file on my SD
Then it stalls on the loading screen when I do have it, either way my game won't load....

Hey, does Phantom Wings have a tutorial on how to put in new announcer calls for BrawlEx characters?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Quote from: leondanny56 on March 25, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
i have just run into a glitch with brawlex version 2 when ever i try to do a 4 player match with me as kirby and the computers as captain falcon, olimar, and jiggly puff as soon as i choose any stage at all the game freezes even though all of those characters work in one on one matches.

also none of those characters are clone characters, there all normal characters they also have no movesets on them.
so phantom wings do you know why they might be freezing?

like i said they're not clone characters they're normal characters so why do they freeze when i choose any stage at all?

I know Olimar has costume specific Kirby hats. If you selected a Kirby that was a higher costume value then the standard 00-05, then it will freeze with Olimar unless you put an Olimar hat in for Kirby. So if you have Kirby06 you need Kirbypikmin06 (I don't remember the exact name) The same goes for Jigglypuff I believe. If the freeze occurs by selecting default Kirby with these characters, then you may be lacking the Kirby module needed for Brawl EX... but I don't think that was for normal character compatibility, just EX... but it could be.

Did you select Kirby06? Did you put in the proper Kirby module from the BrawlEX download?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

March 26, 2015, 01:00:36 AM #7963 Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:32:07 AM by leondanny56
thanks so much nebulon i didn't know that about kirby, also i do have the kirby module in my module folder.
i know you mentioned also that If you selected a Kirby that was a higher costume value then the standard 00-05,
then it will freeze with Olimar
dose that include freezing when you choose a stage? because that's where my game is freezing.

Post Merge: March 26, 2015, 01:32:07 AM

thanks nebulon i just tried doing what you mentioned for each character and that seems to have fixed my problem.  :D
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Quote
Yet another thing I would like to get done someday is to add the ability to make any CSS icon have multiple characters like Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. In this way, you could use a single CSS icon for 2 or 4 different variants of a character that you could choose by clicking on the corners of the character's portrait. Again, this is another thing that will have to wait until I have time to do though...

I'm rooting for you PW :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822