Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826846 times)
omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7995 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »

I've been adding characters to PMD.I.Y. using BrawlEx and my current character max is 61-663 characters, but once ive added all the characters all the CSS icons get small and there's a huge empty space on the CSS. Is there a way to fill  in this space without adding anymore characters? Or possibly make the icons bigger to fill out the space.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7996 on: April 14, 2015, 03:36:26 AM »

Is it just me or does the lucario module have the old glitch with the aura sphere back? i'm working on making the newer PM codesets work with this and mewtwo lost the shadowsphere.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #7997 on: April 14, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »

Hey, PW, or anyone who knows.. is it possible to use the method of loading CSPs through the brawlex directory without using Roster.dat.

The reason being is I would like to use independent pokemon (no trainer) with custom CSPs for everyone (and no file size).

I cannot use Brawlex at full strengh because ASL conflicts with that, so I'm just using Brawlex JUST for extra CSP space, but I can't use the Independant pokemon fighter config file because it's not loaded since I'm just using the brawlex one way.

Sorry for the confusion, any questions I'll be happy to answer lol

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7998 on: April 14, 2015, 09:26:03 PM »

Hey, PW, or anyone who knows.. is it possible to use the method of loading CSPs through the brawlex directory without using Roster.dat.

The reason being is I would like to use independent pokemon (no trainer) with custom CSPs for everyone (and no file size).

I cannot use Brawlex at full strengh because ASL conflicts with that, so I'm just using Brawlex JUST for extra CSP space, but I can't use the Independant pokemon fighter config file because it's not loaded since I'm just using the brawlex one way.

Sorry for the confusion, any questions I'll be happy to answer lol

The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in Resources\Common3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #7999 on: April 14, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »

Is there any tutorial to migrate to BX v2?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8000 on: April 15, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »

The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in Resources\Common3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

Whoa, that was fast! Thanks for the info, I'll continue to attempt this method. Now is there any specific program to use this method with? Like a hex editor or brawlbox? Perhaps the module editor?

Even if I were to copy lines of hex, it doesn't seem to copy comments and other info (red text/ highlighted stuff.) I have tried all three programs, all of which gave me a bad file when booting smash.

Updated 1/18

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8001 on: April 15, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »

Whoa, that was fast! Thanks for the info, I'll continue to attempt this method. Now is there any specific program to use this method with? Like a hex editor or brawlbox? Perhaps the module editor?

Even if I were to copy lines of hex, it doesn't seem to copy comments and other info (red text/ highlighted stuff.) I have tried all three programs, all of which gave me a bad file when booting smash.

For the most part, I use the module editor 3. Open up a vanilla copy of the module and add a section[7] with the size needed (make sure you mark it as an Executable section). Then copy over the hook and hook function using a hex editor. The relocations (highlighted in red) will need to be copied over by hand using the Module Editor, but they aren't too complex. Things should work just fine with just that, but if it still isn't working after that, you may need to reduce the size of the module by the amount you added to make sure it properly fits. Section[5] usually has a bunch of free space at the end of it, so you can reduce it by the same size that you added for section[7]. The important part is that the new module's FixSize matches the original module's FixSize. You can freely override this value in the module's properties.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #8002 on: April 16, 2015, 12:35:50 AM »

Had a go at it: common3.pac

Set them to load from /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/CSP/cs_texXXX.brres

should work Tongue

Keizer Organa
    Expert Kitten

King of the Monsters

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8003 on: April 16, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Well, I decided to make a Lucario clone (it's Beerus from Battle of Gods). So here's what's going on.

I have the BrawlEx .rel that exists for Lucario (as well as the regular one).   I used the BrawlEx one first for the clone. I start up the game and go to select Beerus. Once I select my clone, the game crashes. So I use the regular .rel for Beerus and I'm able to get further this time. However, when I start a match, the game crashes.

I've tried everything I know to do and this is surprisingly my first time cloning. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please do tell me.

EDIT1: It seems I am being ignored when I clearly need help....-.-
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:24:31 AM by Keizer Ghidorah » Logged

We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8004 on: April 16, 2015, 06:23:33 AM »

Had a go at it: common3.pac

Set them to load from /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/CSP/cs_texXXX.brres

should work Tongue

Heh, well you certainly did better than I did, as it at least booted correctly, and I got to the menu! Tongue

However, it crashes as soon as I selected for the CSS (Classic/ Practice/ BRAWL!, etc.)
    Have you tested it on, maybe, dolphin or such?

Updated 1/18

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #8005 on: April 16, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »

Is there any tutorial to migrate to BX v2?
    1. Copy core files to SD card
    2. Play

Although you may want to update your configs.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8006 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »

Well, I decided to make a Lucario clone (it's Beerus from Battle of Gods). So here's what's going on.

I have the BrawlEx .rel that exists for Lucario (as well as the regular one).   I used the BrawlEx one first for the clone. I start up the game and go to select Beerus. Once I select my clone, the game crashes. So I use the regular .rel for Beerus and I'm able to get further this time. However, when I start a match, the game crashes.

I've tried everything I know to do and this is surprisingly my first time cloning. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please do tell me.

EDIT1: It seems I am being ignored when I clearly need help....-.-
    Sometimes people won't respond if they don't know the answer to your question. Things are less active here as of late too so patience is a must.

You might wanna check your battle portraits, if they're incorrectly named or placed the game will crash before it has a chance to load them. If it's a silent crash you're missing a required file. If the base character (Lucario I'm assuming in this instance) has anything that the clone character didn't come packaged with (Entry, Final smash, etc) make sure to copy it from the original character's files and slap them in there renamed to your clone (You can find all the original files under the resources page at the top of the site).

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #8007 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »

Heh, well you certainly did better than I did, as it at least booted correctly, and I got to the menu! Tongue

However, it crashes as soon as I selected for the CSS (Classic/ Practice/ BRAWL!, etc.)
    Have you tested it on, maybe, dolphin or such?

I tested it on both Dolphin and the Wii. It works fine.
    It's probably your CSS.

Also make sure to name the bress correctly "cs_tex000.brres" for Mario for example and to set the compression to none.

The slow loading of the CSPs is pretty noticeable on the Wii. Has to do with the loading of files every time you change a costume. Maybe files could be made to load right before entering the SSS or right before starting the match...idk...

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8008 on: April 16, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »

Really? Because I removed my menu2 folder and it still didn't work. Are you using the Roster.dat or Custom CSS code?

Updated 1/18

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #8009 on: April 16, 2015, 11:51:04 AM »

neither.

What about a common5.pac?

Pages:  1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: