The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ebola16 on August 06, 2015, 11:02:36 AM
Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
4A000000 90180F08
14000054 00040000
E0000000 80008000

Is there a code to just remove him?

Quote

Yeah, we need to get the ability to make more Mr.Ressetti lines for ex characters or one like what Nintendo did with Pits codecs with DLC fighters. Anyway I've been gone a long time so anything happen recently?


I think what we've got is what we'll get. I think interest in Ex development has passed. 
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Aww, we still need a stage expansion. :(

Quote from: Nebulon on August 07, 2015, 04:12:06 PM
I think what we've got is what we'll get. I think interest in Ex development has passed. 
Really!? This is amazing! This is always going to interest me. If I knew how to I'd continue this myself!

Quote from: ebola16 on August 06, 2015, 11:02:36 AM
Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
4A000000 90180F08
14000054 00040000
E0000000 80008000

Does he crash as soon as he appears? Or when he would go to speak a line that doesn't exist? Would it perhaps be possible to get him to end prematurely in PSA, before he goes to speak any character specific lines?

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 07, 2015, 11:36:33 PM
Does he crash as soon as he appears? Or when he would go to speak a line that doesn't exist? Would it perhaps be possible to get him to end prematurely in PSA, before he goes to speak any character specific lines?

He crashes near the beginning of his dialogue, but it varies depending upon which phrases he says. I think a better solution would be creating a code to redirect Resetti to someone else until the problem is fixed. There is a lot of MiscData to go through in ItmResetsanParam.pac.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

August 08, 2015, 11:51:18 PM #8150 Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:45:36 AM by secretchaos1
Quote from: ebola16 on August 08, 2015, 02:42:06 PM
He crashes near the beginning of his dialogue, but it varies depending upon which phrases he says. I think a better solution would be creating a code to redirect Resetti to someone else until the problem is fixed. There is a lot of MiscData to go through in ItmResetsanParam.pac.

Nope, psa worked for me: https://www.mediafire.com/?ejply2u477b4uz3

This Resetti will spawn, climb out of his hole, and then climb right back inside and leave.
Editing his data in psa seemed to get rid of most of the file, so I had to compare files in hex and do some overwriting to make it happen.

But yeah, I'll put a vault link up shortly for it.

Edit: Oops, I overlooked a tiny detail. If you strike him as soon as he spawns he cuts off the whole thing and starts up his rant anyway. I'm gonna try to do the same thing I did during his entrance and add it to his angry bit when you hit him, I should have an updated version up shortly.

Edit 2: Alright he's fixed now. Not as visually appealing though, I made him vanish as soon as he touches the ground, avoiding any opportunity for getting hit, before the word bubble even shows up. Link is updated.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 08, 2015, 11:51:18 PM
Nope, psa worked for me: https://www.mediafire.com/?ejply2u477b4uz3

This Resetti will spawn, climb out of his hole, and then climb right back inside and leave.
Editing his data in psa seemed to get rid of most of the file, so I had to compare files in hex and do some overwriting to make it happen.

But yeah, I'll put a vault link up shortly for it.

Edit: Oops, I overlooked a tiny detail. If you strike him as soon as he spawns he cuts off the whole thing and starts up his rant anyway. I'm gonna try to do the same thing I did during his entrance and add it to his angry bit when you hit him, I should have an updated version up shortly.

Edit 2: Alright he's fixed now. Not as visually appealing though, I made him vanish as soon as he touches the ground, avoiding any opportunity for getting hit, before the word bubble even shows up. Link is updated.
I stand corrected. Good job! Resetti will still freeze the game if he is released near the edge of a stage and starts talking while he falls. This is pretty rare though. An actual fix to the Resetti issue should eventually be looked into too.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

August 09, 2015, 05:54:31 AM #8152 Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:48:40 AM by secretchaos1
Quote from: ebola16 on August 09, 2015, 04:54:31 AM
I stand corrected. Good job! Resetti will still freeze the game if he is released near the edge of a stage and starts talking while he falls. This is pretty rare though. An actual fix to the Resetti issue should eventually be looked into too.
Oh, I assumed it wouldn't crash since he wouldn't be loading character specific dialogue. I can try and see if I can make him vanish even earlier however.

Edit: Did you test dropping him off the side yourself? His dialogue still comes up but it doesn't crash the game for custom characters, or at least it didn't for me the 3 times I just tested it.
I tried moving up the Change Action command I used to make him unspawn early but it still only seems to take effect when he hits the ground, so it doesn't seem like I can make it occur any sooner.
Still better than nothing for now at least.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 09, 2015, 05:54:31 AM
Oh, I assumed it wouldn't crash since he wouldn't be loading character specific dialogue. I can try and see if I can make him vanish even earlier however.

Edit: Did you test dropping him off the side yourself? His dialogue still comes up but it doesn't crash the game for custom characters, or at least it didn't for me the 3 times I just tested it.
I tried moving up the Change Action command I used to make him unspawn early but it still only seems to take effect when he hits the ground, so it doesn't seem like I can make it occur any sooner.
Still better than nothing for now at least.
His off-screen dialogue freezes the game too. Freezes at "H-hey". As you said, better than nothing.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Weird, cause I opened him multiple times with just one of my ex fighters in play and I didn't get any crashes. I did slightly modify it and move the Change Action command to occur before he hit the ground, but it didn't seem to take effect in game. Maybe it made more of a change than I could see? Would you be able to test this version and tell me if there's any difference?
https://www.mediafire.com/?2wlwptxuw0bd6yd

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 10, 2015, 06:45:07 PM
Weird, cause I opened him multiple times with just one of my ex fighters in play and I didn't get any crashes. I did slightly modify it and move the Change Action command to occur before he hit the ground, but it didn't seem to take effect in game. Maybe it made more of a change than I could see? Would you be able to test this version and tell me if there's any difference?
https://www.mediafire.com/?2wlwptxuw0bd6yd
Tested. The off-screen dialogue still causes a freeze at "H-Hey"
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on August 10, 2015, 11:02:43 PM
Tested. The off-screen dialogue still causes a freeze at "H-Hey"
That's strange, he says his whole piece about trying to get rid of him for me and then disappears harmlessly. I've just been doing single player matches with a single brawl ex fighter however. I'll test it a bit more extensively later and see if I can find out why it's not crashing in my situation and see if there's anything I can do to fix it completely.

Does anyone know how to create a solo shiek clone at all? I tried cloning her many times before but have never been successful in any of my attempts to clone her.

I've been trying to get BrawlEx to work; followed all the steps and yet the added character doesn't appear. I believe this is because I'm using a PAL Wii and I need a .gct file that supports that format. So, instead of RSBP01.gct, I need an RSBP01.gct that is compatible with BrawlEx. Any ideas?

Quote from: TrueStorySeamus on August 11, 2015, 10:53:14 AM
I've been trying to get BrawlEx to work; followed all the steps and yet the added character doesn't appear. I believe this is because I'm using a PAL Wii and I need a .gct file that supports that format. So, instead of RSBP01.gct, I need an RSBP01.gct that is compatible with BrawlEx. Any ideas?
Currently BrawlEx doesn't work for PAL, sorry.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!