The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

The reason why we can't have more than 10 costume slots is because of Cosmetic IDs.

You can get 12 working, you just can't have the cosmetics for all 12 without it conflicting.

So unless PhantomWings or someone else figures out custom cosmetics without conflicting, then we're stuck at 10 max.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 22, 2015, 06:08:00 PM
The reason why we can't have more than 10 costume slots is because of Cosmetic IDs.

You can get 12 working, you just can't have the cosmetics for all 12 without it conflicting.

So unless PhantomWings or someone else figures out custom cosmetics without conflicting, then we're stuck at 10 max.

Nebulon was able to give Mario 12 slots. I don't know what he did, but he made it.

Also, it is possible for certain characters such as Wolf or Toon Link I believe. This is because the next character (not costume) slot after them has absolutely nothing.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

You would be correct in Wolf and Toon Link's case. I believe Ganondorf and Sonic can also have 12 slots.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 22, 2015, 06:08:00 PM
The reason why we can't have more than 10 costume slots is because of Cosmetic IDs.

You can get 12 working, you just can't have the cosmetics for all 12 without it conflicting.

So unless PhantomWings or someone else figures out custom cosmetics without conflicting, then we're stuck at 10 max.
All you have to do is repoint the vBrawl fighters' portraits to a slot that isn't used like say, MiscData[110] for example.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 22, 2015, 07:05:52 PM
You would be correct in Wolf and Toon Link's case. I believe Ganondorf and Sonic can also have 12 slots.

Yes, after Ganon and Sonic there is nothing but blank spaces. In the case of Sonic, nothing at all.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Brstmguy on August 22, 2015, 07:14:09 PM
All you have to do is repoint the vBrawl fighters' portraits to a slot that isn't used like say, MiscData[110] for example.
this
or repoint existing ones and skip miscdatas
for example
mario:  01
luigi:  03
link:  05
etc.
but your method will work too

Quote from: Brstmguy on August 22, 2015, 07:14:09 PM
All you have to do is repoint the vBrawl fighters' portraits to a slot that isn't used like say, MiscData[110] for example.
I'm just curious why we can't utilize all of the portraits in a given cosmetic slot. Take Sonic for example, I currently have 13 costumes for him occupying MenSelchrFaceB.461-473. It doesn't seem like it would be dificult to also utilize MenSelchrFaceB.474-480 (they are unused). However, there is currently no way to do this.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Well the reason might be because, The game is normally only capable of loading up thirteen costumes because Wario used that number for his WarioWare and Overall costumes. (Even though it was only twelve costumes. I don't even know why Sakurai had decided to have Wario be the only vBrawl character with alternate costumes.)

Quote from: Brstmguy on August 23, 2015, 02:42:23 AM
Well the reason might be because, The game is normally only capable of loading up thirteen costumes because Wario used that number for his WarioWare and Overall costumes. (Even though it was only twelve costumes. I don't even know why Sakurai had decided to have Wario be the only vBrawl character with alternate costumes.)
Yeah, not even the config files can accomplish what I want. The real solution must be hiding in a common.pac or .rel
Guess I'll need to put the 20 costume ambition on hold for awhile
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Only one problem. I try every character from super smash bros. melee. I finish everything. I open the character select. Now it freeze up. I think the sc_selcharacter.pac is too much.

Quote from: paku on August 23, 2015, 11:49:27 AM
Only one problem. I try every character from super smash bros. melee. I finish everything. I open the character select. Now it freeze up. I think the sc_selcharacter.pac is too much.
If your sc_selcharacter.pac exceeds 3.79 MB, then you could try switching sc_selcharacter.pac's compression to "ExtendedLZ77" or reducing the size of images in the .pac
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

So I'm just curious, when it comes to expanding a character to that one extra costume slot for the fake sse characters, is the only reason we can't do that because we can't find the colour ID for it? Because if it's just a matter of plugging in values until it finally pops up I might have a go at it sometime.
I could've sworn there was a code for making them load up at one point for Peach, Diddy, etc but I can't seem to find it anymore. Which is a shame cause I'd assume the ID value could be in there somewhere.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 25, 2015, 04:42:22 PM
So I'm just curious, when it comes to expanding a character to that one extra costume slot for the fake sse characters, is the only reason we can't do that because we can't find the colour ID for it? Because if it's just a matter of plugging in values until it finally pops up I might have a go at it sometime.
I could've sworn there was a code for making them load up at one point for Peach, Diddy, etc but I can't seem to find it anymore. Which is a shame cause I'd assume the ID value could be in there somewhere.
I've reached the same conclusion. I also just messaged Mewtwo2000 to ask if he knows anything about the mysterious 14th color ID.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I have a quick question on adding a clone or clones, when I add a clone the shadows for the CSS names are messed up and shows different shadow names for different characters (Ex: Young Link's name under Wario's name) Is there something I missed or what can I do to fix this?

Quote from: ebola16 on August 25, 2015, 11:10:56 PM
I've reached the same conclusion. I also just messaged Mewtwo2000 to ask if he knows anything about the mysterious 14th color ID.
Alright, I'll wait and see if he knows anything before I go on a trial and error binge.
Come to think of it, every character has a FitCharacterSpy costume they use for invisible brawl. I wonder if it's possible to load that with a colour ID was well.

Cyprus your issue is one I got stuck with a lot. It's to do with some of the css stuff you need to add for each clone character, sometimes it all goes out of proper order and causes problems. I think it's related to the AnmTexPat files in MiscData30 I think. All the entries you'd add for adding clones to the roster should be in order from the smallest numbered entry to the largest, the frame indexes should match up with how each entry is numbered as well.
Sorry it's been awhile since I've had to add in more clones to the css so my exact memory of how it happens and how to fix it is a bit blurry.