The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Zuhan on October 03, 2015, 01:36:13 PM
I cant help but notice that the BrawlEx Clone Tool link is broken. Is there another place I can go to download this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3lomgl/cant_find_working_link_for_brawlex_clone_tool/
kingshadow75 PMed me this link, so credit to him for link.
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!


October 03, 2015, 08:40:40 PM #8222 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:45:26 PM by Metalkingboo
My game is crashing at the SSS Screen. Somtimes I am able to play one match but the next time i go to the SSS screen it crashes. Can anyone help?

Quote from: Metalkingboo on October 03, 2015, 08:40:40 PM
My game is crashing at the SSS Screen. Somtimes I am able to play one match but the next time i go to the SSS screen it crashes. Can anyone help?
Are you changing characters or costumes between matches?
Does it happen consistently with any specific character or costume?
Will it happen if you wait on the css instead of jumping to the sss?

If yes to any of those it could be to do with file size when unloading and loading up different files. I used to find certain costumes, especially on clone characters, would cause crashes sometimes when being unloaded even if they worked in game. If I reduced their file size either from the psa itself or the problem costume I found I could reduce the crashing or stop it altogether.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on October 03, 2015, 09:15:15 PM
Are you changing characters or costumes between matches?
Does it happen consistently with any specific character or costume?
Will it happen if you wait on the css instead of jumping to the sss?

If yes to any of those it could be to do with file size when unloading and loading up different files. I used to find certain costumes, especially on clone characters, would cause crashes sometimes when being unloaded even if they worked in game. If I reduced their file size either from the psa itself or the problem costume I found I could reduce the crashing or stop it altogether.
I'd get the last option, if i wait a while on the SSS or move the cursor it would freeze. I just tried using the normal character files (completely plain Mario) and it still froze.

Quote from: Metalkingboo on October 04, 2015, 03:31:17 AM
I'd get the last option, if i wait a while on the SSS or move the cursor it would freeze. I just tried using the normal character files (completely plain Mario) and it still froze.
Alright, and when you don't use a modified sc_selmap.pac the crashing doesn't occur?
What changes have you made to the SSS?

October 04, 2015, 05:35:15 AM #8226 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:37:26 AM by Metalkingboo
Quote from: secretchaos1 on October 04, 2015, 04:30:38 AM
Alright, and when you don't use a modified sc_selmap.pac the crashing doesn't occur?
What changes have you made to the SSS?
None, i'm using the default SSS.

Quote from: Metalkingboo on October 04, 2015, 05:35:15 AM
None, i'm using the default SSS.
I'd suggest using trial and error to pinpoint the mod causing the source of the problem. I'd disable anything you're currently using one by one until the game stops crashing, that way we can have a better idea of why it's happening.

October 05, 2015, 05:33:49 PM #8228 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:18:03 PM by Metalkingboo
Quote from: secretchaos1 on October 05, 2015, 12:07:16 AM
I'd suggest using trial and error to pinpoint the mod causing the source of the problem. I'd disable anything you're currently using one by one until the game stops crashing, that way we can have a better idea of why it's happening.
The thing is that i'm not using any extra mods, it's just one extra Mario slot that is the default Mario (did this to test BrawlEx). None of the other characters have any custom costumes either.

Don't know what to tell you then. I'd say maybe find a working pack and build off from that? Or maybe try setting up BrawlEx from scratch?
I've personally never had any issues with the SSS related to BrawlEx directly so I don't really know where the problem would lie.

October 06, 2015, 06:53:09 PM #8230 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:30:40 AM by Metalkingboo
Quote from: secretchaos1 on October 06, 2015, 05:29:19 PM
Don't know what to tell you then. I'd say maybe find a working pack and build off from that? Or maybe try setting up BrawlEx from scratch?
I've personally never had any issues with the SSS related to BrawlEx directly so I don't really know where the problem would lie.
Yea, i think if i can't find a way to fix it then i'll try getting a pack and edit it.
Thanks for your help anyways!

Post Merge: October 08, 2015, 05:30:40 AM

Good news, I got it to work. I deleted everything an then did everything from scratch. I guess cause i used the clone tool it messed things up.

can someone plz help. whenever i use the clone tool with the current version of clone engine/css expansion, it does not update the cssroster.dat with the clone i added. btw i am using v0.75 of the clone tool and the recent stable builds of clone engine and css expansion

I've heard the last released version of the clone tool isn't up to date with the newest BrawlEx. Doing things manually is a bit more time consuming, but at least it'll work out proper.

I'm having an issue with getting more than 50 characters to appear on the character select screen. I'm using the CSSRoster.dat, not the css code, so it should support more than 50 characters. However, even though the CSS roster is configured to have 53, only the first 50 show up.

Quote from: AangNaruto on October 11, 2015, 01:31:46 PM
I'm having an issue with getting more than 50 characters to appear on the character select screen. I'm using the CSSRoster.dat, not the css code, so it should support more than 50 characters. However, even though the CSS roster is configured to have 53, only the first 50 show up.

You need Phantom Wings' special CSS file, which allows you to have over 100 icons.
If you're using the default, only 50 will show up.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.