The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: robintjuh on November 05, 2015, 05:29:08 PM
Oh wait I misunderstood you I thought you used everything within project m. Thats why I found it so weird because noboby has been able to clone a character within project m because of  the GO issue as I mentioned before.

I didn't use everything within Project M but I did use 95% of their codes and files into my pack, it's a little strange why it crashes for you at the beginning of a match.

Quote from: daniel741852 on November 05, 2015, 05:34:29 PM


I didn't use everything within Project M but I did use 95% of their codes and files into my pack, it's a little strange why it crashes for you at the beginning of a match.
Not only for me but for everyone who tries to use it just look at the D.I.Y. page.

November 05, 2015, 05:46:38 PM #8267 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:11:48 AM by daniel741852
Quote from: robintjuh on November 05, 2015, 05:42:18 PM
Not only for me but for everyone who tries to use it just look at the D.I.Y. page.
I saw the page not too long ago, I would link you my current codeset but I am not quite done polishing it.

Post Merge: November 06, 2015, 12:11:48 AM

Has anyone been able to combine P:M 3.6's common2.pac with BrawlEx's?

Quote from: daniel741852 on November 05, 2015, 05:00:58 PM
It's most likely due to the fact P:M D.I.Y. only decoded 3.02 and not 3.6.

I take offense to that >.> xD jk PM 3.6 is coded to use BeX, i decoded all the files myself. its well since been updated. the problem is a change they made to AllStar mode from 3.5-3.6. it is now set up to read stocks for each character in a match when you play that mode. however it seems that its a universal change as it affects how stocks are loaded in all instances. it overwrites the BeX coding so stocks don't load correctly. once we find that change and remove it BeX should be compatible again. we currently have someone lookig into it.

Quote from: Sirkura on November 08, 2015, 08:02:09 PM
I take offense to that >.> xD jk PM 3.6 is coded to use BeX, i decoded all the files myself. its well since been updated. the problem is a change they made to AllStar mode from 3.5-3.6. it is now set up to read stocks for each character in a match when you play that mode. however it seems that its a universal change as it affects how stocks are loaded in all instances. it overwrites the BeX coding so stocks don't load correctly. once we find that change and remove it BeX should be compatible again. we currently have someone lookig into it.
All star mode you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yys0gtvns3g

Quote from: daniel741852 on November 08, 2015, 08:45:12 PM
All star mode you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yys0gtvns3g

The video is private and no-one can watch it. :P
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

November 08, 2015, 09:13:01 PM #8271 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:16:49 PM by daniel741852
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on November 08, 2015, 09:08:42 PM
The video is private and no-one can watch it. :P
my b, try again.

Quote from: daniel741852 on November 08, 2015, 09:13:01 PM
my b, try again.
It seems to work fine, but the clones have Mario's icon.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Oh, right.
Most glitches found on Wii are never found on Dolphin.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

November 09, 2015, 06:39:46 AM #8275 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:03:42 AM by Sirkura
Quote from: daniel741852 on November 08, 2015, 08:45:12 PM
All star mode you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yys0gtvns3g

hmm this is interesting. even on dolphin its been crashing, tossing up errors about being unable to load the stock icons. we've been stumped for MONTHS. how did you get it to work? I am the head of DiY, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

November 09, 2015, 11:34:57 AM #8276 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:43:21 AM by daniel741852
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on November 09, 2015, 05:11:14 AM
it works on dolphin but probably not on the wii
Tested on the Wii and it works perfectly.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on November 08, 2015, 10:09:15 PM
It seems to work fine, but the clones have Mario's icon.

I think I can fix this issue as I believe I have finally pinpointed the code inside the GCT that controls the stock icons, I can't make any promises however because I am not the best at these kind of things.

Post Merge: November 09, 2015, 11:43:21 AM

Has anyone got PM Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard to load successfully without the Pokemon trainer?

I can't use the clone tool. it crashes when I load my private/wii/app/rsbe/pf folder. I am using clone engine 2.0.0.0 and css expansion 2.0.0.X. can someone help?

this is the error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at WindowsFormsApplication2.MainWindow.LoadClones()
   at WindowsFormsApplication2.MainWindow.SelectFolderButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlEx Clone Tool
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Joey/Desktop/New%20folder%20(6)/BrawlEx%20Clone%20Tool.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.18.5113.26520
    Win32 Version: 0.18.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Joey/Desktop/New%20folder%20(6)/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.




Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on November 09, 2015, 05:11:14 AM
it works on dolphin but probably not on the wii
I noticed that with my stock icon problems as well regarding classic mode. They wouldn't load at first on the css and the game worked fine, but on actual wii hardware they used to crash.
A lot of alt costumes and etc on the vault seem to be untested for wii hardware too, I find I often have to change shaders around to make models load properly or reduce the resolution on textures to avoid frequent crashing.

Quote from: daniel741852 on November 09, 2015, 11:34:57 AM
Tested on the Wii and it works perfectly.

I think I can fix this issue as I believe I have finally pinpointed the code inside the GCT that controls the stock icons, I can't make any promises however because I am not the best at these kind of things.

Post Merge: November 09, 2015, 11:43:21 AM

Has anyone got PM Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard to load successfully without the Pokemon trainer?

I think PM has them load individually to conserve filesize. if we had an REL they would probably work with some edits. for now i think we might need to rebuild them fromt he ground up.