The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 25, 2016, 07:59:00 AM #8550 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:07:29 AM by Diddy Kong
ok so i have made a video guide on customizing the SEQ bypass hack for those interested in modifying mine or making their own bypass to patch over brawlex's bug, those with an existing one may choose a different brstm for their favourite final smash songs
! No longer available

What exactly is this for?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


So, help me understand the Team Color bytes in CSSSlotConfig...

Here's Lucario's unedited list:

0100 0001 0504 0905 0302 0C00

I know that 0C00 means "end of color list, wrap between first and last".
I also know that "0001" is use FitLucario01.pac/pcs for Red Team, "0100" means use FitLucario00.pac/pcs for Blue Team, and that "0302" makes the game load FitLucario02.pac/pcs for Green Team.
But what are "Team Colors" 05 and 09? Has anyone made a list of what the extra colors correspond to?

Here is a list of colors of the CSSSlot config.

(NOTE: I used the picture from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0, which talks about adding CBliss effect to BrawlEX. Original picture goes to guy who made OP  :kdance:.)
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

Okay, so, I went through all of the CSSRoster .dat files while referencing sc_selcharacter.pac, and found out a pretty good pattern that you can use:

00 - Red
01 - Blue
02 - Yellow
03 - Green
04 - Purple
05 - "Alternate Blue" (Cyan, Navy, etc.)
06 - Pink
07 - Brown
08 - Black
09 - White
0A - Orange
0B - (I saw this a couple times, but didn't manage to find any pattern to nail it down to any color)


Alright, so quick question.
Some characters don't have premade BEX modules. (i.e. Fox in my case)
How do I make a vanilla (plain/original) module BEX compatible? (Or is there a fox module and I'm just not looking hard enough?)
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

Quote from: UltIMa647 on April 28, 2016, 11:56:57 PM
Alright, so quick question.
Some characters don't have premade BEX modules. (i.e. Fox in my case)
How do I make a vanilla (plain/original) module BEX compatible? (Or is there a fox module and I'm just not looking hard enough?)
Use PPC ASM and the OpenSA module documentation to manually find the changed offsets while making sure memory is properly allocated... a.k.a have a lot of programming and debugger skills. If someone figures it out though it'll be a valuable gain for Brawlex. I'm personally hoping for a fixed cloned Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon Final Smash!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Blanc Trois on April 26, 2016, 10:44:22 PM
What exactly is this for?
if the post was directed at me,  it's a small video for those wanting to modify the bypass mod that unintentionally fixed the final smash sound bug in brawlex so i felt it was appropriate to be in here, contributing to it's advencing

Hey guys. So I recently got Brawl working with codes on my vWii. However, I don't see my expanded slots. Is there a reason why I'm not seeing my extra slots? The default characters have the expanded slots, but the added characters aren't showing up.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Ok I had a thought. Theoretically even with no more BrawlEX updates a perfect version can be available.

I've seen 2 perfect rel port packs, allowing character X to be placed over any character using one of the included rels. If that project was completed (or at least for all non-clonable characters) we'd be able to just make a bunch of Mario clones and have it work for anyone, wouldn't we? 

May 04, 2016, 09:19:57 AM #8560 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:31:26 AM by ebola16
I know the Project M D.I.Y. people are also following this thread so I'll ask here. Has the ASL code been edited since P:M D.I.Y. 0.1? I'd be willing to test it on regular Brawlex if it receives an update.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 02, 2016, 09:04:17 PM
Hey guys. So I recently got Brawl working with codes on my vWii. However, I don't see my expanded slots. Is there a reason why I'm not seeing my extra slots? The default characters have the expanded slots, but the added characters aren't showing up.
When you say expanded slots do you mean expanded costume slots like cBliss had? It is important to note that cBliss should not be used with Brawlex and costumes should be added via editing the fighter and CSSSlot config files.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on May 02, 2016, 11:17:03 PM
I've seen 2 perfect rel port packs, allowing character X to be placed over any character using one of the included rels. If that project was completed (or at least for all non-clonable characters) we'd be able to just make a bunch of Mario clones and have it work for anyone, wouldn't we?  
I think that would be equally difficult to finishing the remaining .rels. Rel ports also don't behave properly with every PSA so I think more Brawlex modules would be the better way to go.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on May 02, 2016, 11:17:03 PM
Ok I had a thought. Theoretically even with no more BrawlEX updates a perfect version can be available.

I've seen 2 perfect rel port packs, allowing character X to be placed over any character using one of the included rels. If that project was completed (or at least for all non-clonable characters) we'd be able to just make a bunch of Mario clones and have it work for anyone, wouldn't we? 

Well a long time ago for Nebulon's pack I was able to get the Petey Piranha PSA and Gun Slinger Samus PSA (before the ZSS rel came out) working with BrawlEx by hand porting them over to a Marth moveset (no rels, actually coding them over a new PSA). I have a bunch more done that have been sitting on my computer for ages, but theoretically all PSAs can work with BrawlEx using this method. It takes a bit of time but not as long as you would think.

What PSAs are left that can't be used anyway? Nearly all of the rels are done that have good movesets based on them -- the spacies and Yoshi are the only ones I can think of, which basically leaves Goten, Kid Trunks, Scizor, T-Rex, and...Silver maybe? I finished porting T-Rex and Scizor a long time ago, I'll post them if I can find the files. But the point is, any PSA can be BrawlEx compatible.

Anyway, wow, it's been years since I've posted here and I'm glad to see the community still exists. I've found myself missing brawl modding and working on Brawl4All with Nebulon. If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me. I'm a programmer by trade and can help with anything moveset oriented/bug fixing. If there's a bug/something you want to add to a PSA that you can't do, let me know and I'll take a crack at solving it.

Quote from: ebola16 on May 04, 2016, 09:19:57 AM
When you say expanded slots do you mean expanded costume slots like cBliss had? It is important to note that cBliss should not be used with Brawlex and costumes should be added via editing the fighter and CSSSlot config files.
No. The extra costumes on the default characters work fine. They have their portraits and all.
My extra characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. They showed up when I used Brawl on my Wii, but on vWii, they aren't showing up.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


May 04, 2016, 11:09:09 PM #8563 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:04:54 AM by Ebola16
Quote from: itman on May 04, 2016, 12:07:18 PM
Well a long time ago for Nebulon's pack I was able to get the Petey Piranha PSA and Gun Slinger Samus PSA (before the ZSS rel came out) working with BrawlEx by hand porting them over to a Marth moveset (no rels, actually coding them over a new PSA). I have a bunch more done that have been sitting on my computer for ages, but theoretically all PSAs can work with BrawlEx using this method. It takes a bit of time but not as long as you would think.

What PSAs are left that can't be used anyway? Nearly all of the rels are done that have good movesets based on them -- the spacies and Yoshi are the only ones I can think of, which basically leaves Goten, Kid Trunks, Scizor, T-Rex, and...Silver maybe? I finished porting T-Rex and Scizor a long time ago, I'll post them if I can find the files. But the point is, any PSA can be BrawlEx compatible.

Anyway, wow, it's been years since I've posted here and I'm glad to see the community still exists. I've found myself missing brawl modding and working on Brawl4All with Nebulon. If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me. I'm a programmer by trade and can help with anything moveset oriented/bug fixing. If there's a bug/something you want to add to a PSA that you can't do, let me know and I'll take a crack at solving it.
If you're a programmer I can mention a few ideas.
Brawlex module/misc data related (likely very difficult):

1. Find a way to load Brawlex's experimental CSS expansion from the .iso instead of the SD card. This will allow high quality CSPs, bypass sc_selcharacter.pac's size limit, and (hopefully) reduce the lag on the CSS from using the experimental CSS expansion.

2. Fix the error in Captain Falcon's experimental module that causes his Blue Falcon scene to crash.
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 03, 2015, 11:53:40 PM
Would anybody like to test this Captain Falcon module on the actual console? I'm fairly certain i've fixed his crashes, but i can't test on console. Also, sorry for not being around. Been very busy with life stuff as of late..i haven't even had time to complete my work for Minus, let alone work on the Tool/Modules...anyways. Im also working on Yoshi's ExModule atm, who is also almost done, but there are a few quirks to work out still.
Although one problem has been fixed with the final smash, others remain. Interestingly, Dolphin would incorrectly not crash with Sammi Husky's modification before Dynamic BAT was merged. See SSBB Mod: Dolphin does not crash when real Wii does (Captain Falcon Brawlex .rel) for more information. Perhaps this indicates there are further problems with how the module interacts with the BAT registers?

3. Write a Brawlex module for any missing character. These are the stable ones
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


PSA related:

1. Port Krillin over Pikachu's .sawnd file to a different file. I'd like to keep Pikachu's sounds but it's pretty annoying when Krillin shouts "Pikachu!" If you are interested in this please tell me which .sawnd file you'll choose before starting. Most of my .sawnd swaps come from Nebulon's pack but I did find some others.

2. Port Fighter Kirby over one of the Brawlex compatible modules (more Kirbies are better!)

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but don't PSA ports of characters only work if they don't reference articles? I'm not too familiar with PSA. I think that's why some PSAs could be ported to Marth. PSA porting is fine but .rel porting should still be avoided. I think the Madara Uchiha PSA was a good example of something that doesn't work well with a .rel port. And thanks for your work with B4A!

Quote from: Segtendo on May 04, 2016, 04:02:09 PM
No. The extra costumes on the default characters work fine. They have their portraits and all.
My extra characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. They showed up when I used Brawl on my Wii, but on vWii, they aren't showing up.
So the same setup is behaving differently on the Wii vs vWii? If that's true I've never heard of anything like that but I don't own a Wii U to offer further help. Sorry.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on May 04, 2016, 11:09:09 PM
Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but don't PSA ports of characters only work if they don't reference articles? I'm not too familiar with PSA. I think that's why some PSAs could be ported to Marth. PSA porting is fine but .rel porting should still be avoided. I think the Madara Uchiha PSA was a good example of something that doesn't work well with a .rel port. And thanks for your work with B4A!

Yes, but you can use the articles of the character you're porting over. Or just use none -- the only reason I chose Marth in the past was because Marth had a large moveset file and I wasn't working with articles anyway.

For example, a long time ago (and still when I have time) I have been working on revamping the Gyarados PSA. I currently have it ported over Samus rather than Mario like it originally was. I cannot use Mario's fireball article anymore (for his B move) but I now can use any of Samus's articles (which is what I wanted). The same can be applied to any PSA.