The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: br3compactor on May 24, 2017, 01:59:08 AM
Is a Stage Selection Expansion on the works? What is the closest thing we have to that right now?
I too am curious of this. Maybe a way to organize them like the CSS organizer, only with stages.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 28, 2017, 01:58:26 AM
Well my first recommendation is to never use anything remotely close to one of nintendo's icons for the app. That's how they DMCA'd mine. Other than that, don't bundle brawlEx files like I did. Just have them select their brawlEx install directory.

I'll try to get around to making something at some point, and maybe some exmodules

DMCA is usualy an app that is 100% automated, so i wouldn't worry about it, its likely a false positive for detecting traces of nintendo's coding. Adding files to a pasworded zip helps a lot in stopping false possitives. it encrypts so the sniffers can't peek in it. Also removing any nintendo searchable tags in the dl name would help. I normally stick a readme in the dl with the password.

Its good to have you back sammi <3

August 07, 2017, 02:05:05 AM #8762 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:50:41 PM by Ebola16
Dolphin Emulator has finally gained SDHC compatibility! https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/84ecc0ecc9cf9acf355dbfbd7b15032ffffaa9eb/

Don't forget to use the SDHC Extension 1.1 code when using SDHC.

This will be essential for modifications that require more space later on in Dolphin.

The Batch convert (pcs to pac) plugin will be useful for people who removed .pac files to save space for Dolphin. These .pac files are used for transforming characters, classic mode, Project M's All-Star mode, etc.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

This post was updated this year on March, 2017. What changed?

Also, please make an update that fixes the co-op crashing glitch. It affects Wifi too, which means no Friend Battles, Beta Testing, etc.

September 07, 2017, 11:33:15 PM #8764 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:32:19 PM by Lillith
so... Custom GFX/SFX things are a thing~

Probably works best with BrawlEx or PM's clone engine, but...

so, a Japanese hacker that goes by 'JOJI' seems to have figured how to do this. I had NO HAND in this at all


I implore you to look into the site itself.
http://ssbbhack.web.fc2.com/

On the sidebar you're looking for stuff at the bottom. Well, you don't have to look at the bottom of it, but that's where translated pages are.

In action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQuWvlLKfc
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

That's a good thing.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Quote from: Ebola16 on September 08, 2017, 10:54:20 AM


Such an awesome blue screen for black letters that are barely visible.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on September 09, 2017, 05:53:27 AM
Such an awesome blue screen for black letters that are barely visible.
Yeah... Visiting that website is an adventure.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

is there a way to do a singlebind for different parts of one polygon in brawlbox?
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: Tyshy! on October 15, 2017, 09:24:23 PM
is there a way to do a singlebind for different parts of one polygon in brawlbox?

I don't think this is the correct place to post that.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Previously I posted that Sammi Husky's modification to the Brawlex Captain Falcon module worked on Dolphin but not a real Wii. I now know why and I have updated my previous posts accordingly:

Still not being able to use all of the wonderful Captain Falcon final smash alts in Blue Falcon 30 with Brawlex is painful.
I wish fixing Brawlex's Captain Falcon module was easy. :'(

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 03, 2015, 11:53:40 PM
Would anybody like to test this Captain Falcon module on the actual console? I'm fairly certain i've fixed his crashes, but i can't test on console. Also, sorry for not being around. Been very busy with life stuff as of late..i haven't even had time to complete my work for Minus, let alone work on the Tool/Modules...anyways. Im also working on Yoshi's ExModule atm, who is also almost done, but there are a few quirks to work out still.
Although one problem has been fixed with the final smash, others remain. Interestingly, Dolphin would incorrectly not crash with Sammi Husky's modification before Dynamic BAT was merged. See SSBB Mod: Dolphin does not crash when real Wii does (Captain Falcon Brawlex .rel) for more information. Perhaps this indicates there are further problems with how the module interacts with the BAT registers?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Jesus christ, do you have any remote idea why Captain Falcon is causing trouble?

I'm honestly surprised he's the one not working right now, you'd think characters like Bowser would be the screwy ones.


And wow it's hard to believe it's been 3 years since BrawlEX was new.

October 20, 2017, 10:35:35 PM #8773 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:58:47 PM by Ebola16
Quote from: ✦Dylan✦ on October 17, 2017, 10:41:55 AM
Jesus christ, do you have any remote idea why Captain Falcon is causing trouble?

There may be more than one error but Dolphin starts complaining when register 3 (r3) starts getting unexpected values during the final smash. The memory used to calculate r3 is set when selecting Captain Falcon on the CSS. Original Captain Falcon sets consistent values at consistent addresses. Cloned Captain Falcon can vary in both location and value but appear around the same area as they should.

I'd debug it further but I encountered a lot of annoying bugs in Dolphin's emulator. I'd like some of them to be fixed before proceeding, especially:
Breakpoints crash game after stepping
Debug Perspectives are broken
MemoryMap_Setup: Failed finding a memory base
Reported PC from panic handlers are inconsistent
Dolphin becomes unresponsive when pausing emulation while a panic handler message is on screen
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Wow it's been a while..

Well, anyways on to the point of this post. It's recently come to my attention that the CSS expansion wouldn't work on Wifi. (crash upon making a room). KingJigglyPuff came to me about this some time ago and i finally was able to get to it and fix the issue.

If anybody is interested, the only file you need to replace is MiscData[13] in common3.pac (in newer BBox versions it's named sora_menu_sel_char). Replace that with the one here to fix the wifi issues (PMEx version)