A tad tired of over-saturated texture "improvements"

Started by Pik, January 19, 2014, 09:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kyouma on February 01, 2014, 03:21:00 PM
The thing is.. From what I've personally seen.. You don't get much complains if you are an importer and put new characterss, but if you are editing a regular character, it seems you have to do alot of work to don't have any complain.

This is true. I just imported Sothe and it's barely passable in my opinion. Half of his jaw is bound to his neck along with some problems with his pants (...that came out weird). Some people (I believe) are saying good job as a way to motivate me, which I completely understand. But those that don't really know are saying good job because they just see it and say "Cool, my favorite *insert character name here*!".

And on to Kyouma's second point that it's harder to make new stuff for an old character (recolors and the slow, but new trend of "Wii U" skins). One small mistake and everyone is up in arms (or multiple big mistakes and it makes it to that blog, although I believe entries can get taken down if the creator asks or something).

So much more has to go in to make everyone happy (even though you should really only go about making yourself happy, but that's a different discussion). That's why the furthest I'm ever going to go with textures is recolors for PSA's that I'm working on.

In the end, I don't think there's a right answer, but what Pik said is very true:

Quote from: Pik on February 03, 2014, 01:34:08 PM
I guess we can say live and let live, right? The people who'll improve will, and the ones who don't have the drive will find something else to do.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It keeps happening!!

Such is the circle of life. by "life" I mean BrawlVault
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


This will keep happening, we are all tired of something from the vault and yet we don't really care about even making a thread complaining about it... Personally, I am really tired of the PM-only hacks and the never-ending Roy/Mewtwo vault

:happy: Someone should make a Smash 4 Shadow! He needs an HD and ultra accurate texture.
*Shot*
Honestly most my stuff is original. I prefer to spend my time on things I know no one has done before, might be a bit slower and more difficult, but that's what I find fun to do. Others seem to enjoy simpler edits, or more advanced hacking might be a bit beyond what they know. As long as they are having fun and the community is alive I say let people make what they feel happy with. Besides positive feed back is one of the biggest motivators to move on and advance to newer ways of hacking.



Quote from: Jerkface McGee on February 24, 2014, 04:19:57 PM
I heard I was being summoned. I am now here.

Here we go

Quote from: Sharky on February 25, 2014, 07:45:06 PM
?

Check out his website.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 26, 2014, 04:36:02 AM
Why so rude?

I don't know, I was just trying to be helpful :'(


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No, I'm too lazy/not interested right now.
Coffee fueled gearhead.

I'm surprised I got around 200 downloads and not really any complaints for my Bowser 2k14, and the animation wasn't really good, especially the 2nd neutral combo attack, which was some awkward kick I just threw in there. But yeah, I have noticed many people complaining about oversaturation.

As a rimlighter I got one good thing to say...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FYI, this thread was talking about OVERSATURATION... not Rim spam, if you all gonna critique specific type of people, try doing it in a different thread instead, I would offer my other most professional opinion about  it. Got it?




Back on topic:

"If you don't like it, don't download it" Because making a big deal out of it is completely childish and immature, especially when the top ranks do it.






Quote from: Scout on February 26, 2014, 11:44:26 PM
I don't care, I love doing what I love... so keep hating.

Right on, man, right on. Same can be said about some of the ways I make hacks. I do them for enjoyment, and I don't neccessarily want to get better unless it satisfies one person, me.