Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: A tad tired of over-saturated texture "improvements"  (Read 21364 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »

well guys, in my humble opinion: There is no better way to show that you don't care about someone's opinion than not even telling them that you don't care.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »

You can always say you don't care, but deep down inside you do care.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 10:05:39 PM »

So you keep going at it, this topic lost track and turned into general discussion. The thing is WE ALL CARE, otherwise, why publish them on brawlvault? we share them, meaning we had other people in mind, otherwise we would just use them ourselves and never upload them.  I care about the quality of my hacks because I am sharing them, meaning I think other people would also like the quality and use them. So by using the vault, we are all indirectly showing that we care, at least, a little.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

Unsaturated series when

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 02:40:50 AM »

The thing is WE ALL CARE, otherwise, why publish them on brawlvault? we share them, meaning we had other people in mind, otherwise we would just use them ourselves and never upload them.
    With all the pictures I restored, more than 300 I believe, makes me think that you might be wrong. Do you believe that all of the pictures I restored... only five were great? But all of them were unique!

People do things for fun, and fun doesn't care about whenever they did  something great of not, it was just a hobby... and people tend to share that fun stuff here because they are free to. Not because they want critics, no?

So if you all set the bars of this little limbo game to low, people can just jump over it.

But this isn't the case for over saturation, they are not unique, and they are not great... but the person had fun doing them. And he still does them. So either we continue making a big deal out of it, or we just show how hacks are supposed to be done.

I know what I chose.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 02:10:08 PM »

I'm not talking about quality overall, I am talking about caring about other people. If you had all that fun while making them, you want to share the hack so people can have fun as well. So you want them to have fun, meaning you kind of care about it. I do not like low quality hacks personally, but have nothing against their creators, some of them enjoy it and will either get better or stop eventually. I like to think we were all noobs at some point. So I try to help them. I just admit that the vault exists because we care about others.

On the topic of over saturation, I found a hack that actually did benefit from it. I never noticed how dull the new shadow imports were, until someone made it blacker and redder and put it next to the original one. It indeed looked better, in my opinion that is.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »

I'm not talking about quality overall, I am talking about caring about other people. If you had all that fun while making them, you want to share the hack so people can have fun as well. So you want them to have fun, meaning you kind of care about it. I do not like low quality hacks personally, but have nothing against their creators, some of them enjoy it and will either get better or stop eventually. I like to think we were all noobs at some point. So I try to help them. I just admit that the vault exists because we care about others.

Makes sense.

Daveybird
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »

So you keep going at it, this topic lost track and turned into general discussion. The thing is WE ALL CARE, otherwise, why publish them on brawlvault? we share them, meaning we had other people in mind, otherwise we would just use them ourselves and never upload them.  I care about the quality of my hacks because I am sharing them, meaning I think other people would also like the quality and use them. So by using the vault, we are all indirectly showing that we care, at least, a little.

Yup. I just realized that. It was my mistake for uploading some of my hacks, thinking that a lot of people would use them. However, I was wrong, as many people pressured me to change. I'm still gonna post a few hacks every now and then, but only hacks which I think, from the knowledge I've gained here and in other internet gaming communities, that a lot of players would like to see, and not the personal ones, which people think are "Uncanny Valley" material, which I'm pretty much the only one on the internet who would like to see them.

Examples of stuff I wouldn't post (but are available via request and PM):

Davey J Yoshi
    SuperBirds
    Those countless Falco curvy, smooth, leg, foot hacks
    Shaved Legs DK

Examples of stuff I would post:
    Bowser 2k14
    Donkey Kong SSB64 PSA and Animations (I'm working on currently, includes spinning splits Down Smash and double stomp aerial down)
    Texture-only edits that are not modifications of the characters' leg/foot models
    Curvy Krystal with Armor removed (cause everyone likes Krystal)
    And just hacks that I don't take too personally and would laugh if they were on FNBV.

Sharky
    Mega Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »

huh, I do a cleanly done multi texture layer hack and it gets only 1 download. bah!

Coffee fueled gearhead.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: February 28, 2014, 09:03:56 AM »

I have tons of unreleased hacks as well. Some because I was just too lazy to complete, but still use in my brawl.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: February 28, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »

I have tons of unreleased hacks as well. Some because I was just too lazy to complete, but still use in my brawl.
    Why not make a section for them on your thread or something? You can always upload them and have them not be on the vault.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

loooong ago, I was told that my hacks didnt look actually good with nulled shaders so then after some time I actually took that advice to improve in my  own work
    I mean, we understand the fact of using the rim for making a model look good on those times when the model's UV mapping is pretty barely made by the model's author
    But there is no excuse if there is a "new version" of a hack with a worse texture! that is the point of this thread, I guess, how the vault is being spammed by those de-evolutions
    as many people pressured me to change.

dude youre taking the FNBV too seriously! ive seen some of my hacks there before too, and I actually see that as free advertising B)

Sharky
    Mega Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11:11 PM »

Way I see it there are two correct ways to deal with it. 1- find a bad hack and ignore it or 2- find a bad hack, and offer to help the uploader make it better.

Coffee fueled gearhead.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »

3 - The more experienced modders can just produce more quality stuff to offset the low quality content.

Some might take #2 as an insult.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 05:34:13 AM »

3 - The more experienced modders can just produce more quality stuff to offset the low quality content.

Some might take #2 as an insult.
    If some people would even bother with #2 then if it was taken as an insult then they're probably doing something wrong. Just saiyan.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
    Print
    Jump to: