Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: A tad tired of over-saturated texture "improvements"  (Read 21369 times)
LC-DDM
Not your average sprite!
Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »

Rim effects are the new Shadow.

Yeah I [censored]ing went there.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »

Just because they do this sort of [censored] doesn't mean it's suddenly "okay" to make [censored]ty hacks and upload them everywhere.

It's even worse when there's enablers just like these last two saying "hey its okay to make [censored]".

Are you daft, LC? There is no such thing as "enablers" here. There's only those who you think are enablers simply because you don't like what these newbies do. Just because there are better hacks out there doesn't mean they have to try to match or one-up the kind of quality some of us do with our hacks.

That's a completely unreasonable expectation and an unrealistic one at that. That's like expecting the new guy at a job to perform every job perfectly on his very first day with no mistakes. It's not going to happen, and outright shaming them for not being like some of us isn't going to help them improve. Your attitude in regards to these newbies is atrocious, and so are you for having these unreasonable expectations to begin with, and for wanting to hold these newbies to the same standard that you hold the other hackers and modders who have been here many times longer than they.

Normally I don't say anything because I don't want to engage you on issues like these, but I am drawing the line right here. This is unacceptable, no matter how much I agree with the fact there are too many oversaturated textures on the Vault. That doesn't make your shaming right and it doesn't make your attitude right. No matter how in the right you think you are.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 09:24:38 AM »

You're one to talk, Velen.

If I recall correctly, you made a thread complaining about poor mods on the Vault.

Than after getting backlashed, argued, and trolled, you made a thread with a wall of text of your explanation of your critique.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »

Are you daft, LC? There is no such thing as "enablers" here. There's only those who you think are enablers simply because you don't like what these newbies do.
    I don't like it and neither does everyone else in this thread.

Just because there are better hacks out there doesn't mean they have to try to match or one-up the kind of quality some of us do with our hacks.

There are standards to uphold. I don't know about you, but modding has moved on, and with that so did the horizon for good and bad hacks.

That's a completely unreasonable expectation and an unrealistic one at that. That's like expecting the new guy at a job to perform every job perfectly on his very first day with no mistakes. It's not going to happen, and outright shaming them for not being like some of us isn't going to help them improve.
    And yet that is what's asked of people nowadays, but that's unrelated.

Your attitude in regards to these newbies is atrocious, and so are you for having these unreasonable expectations to begin with, and for wanting to hold these newbies to the same standard that you hold the other hackers and modders who have been here many times longer than they.

You're right, how dare I want people do actually to textures of their own instead of just messing with the hue and saturation of a texture!

I mean jesus christ, MS Paint textures are preferrable at this point - at least they MADE something instead of just lazily recoloring it.

Normally I don't say anything because I don't want to engage you on issues like these, but I am drawing the line right here. This is unacceptable, no matter how much I agree with the fact there are too many oversaturated textures on the Vault. That doesn't make your shaming right and it doesn't make your attitude right. No matter how in the right you think you are.

You realize you're still being an enabler? You're not actually making them want to improve. "oh no i did something [censored] but that's okay because people will want this sort of thing anyway".

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »

You're one to talk, Velen.

If I recall correctly, you made a thread complaining about poor mods on the Vault.
    Than after getting backlashed, argued, and trolled, you made a thread with a wall of text of your explanation of your critique.

Hypocritical, he is but wrong, he is not. I guess everyone gets fed up at a point I mean that thread was in 2012, 2 years ago, and Velen has seem to have gotten over it.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »

Hypocritical, he is but wrong, he is not. I guess everyone gets fed up at a point I mean that thread was in 2012, 2 years ago, and Velen has seem to have gotten over it.
    Yeah.

Him and I came to that conclusion over Skype just a moment ago.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:51:19 AM by HailToTheKingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »

None of these people are going to view this thread and your critiques. Maybe they'll read the OP since it actually explains a few things without being borderline agressive and has pictures, but that's about it.

Then again, why would these people even want to involve themselves in a community like this? If the veterans, the ones that have been practicing the art for years now, are so little supporting and so much demeaning about "standards to uphold", might as well just post [censored] on the Vault instead of getting ridiculed here. .-.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and no, not everyone needs to improve.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:52:58 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »

In my humble opinion, I think it's just that the rim is becoming a part of the "new gen" hacks, you know, to make them look more "modern"; but well, my standards are pretty low compared to most people around here since I like brawl hacks for playing with them and not just to look for quality.
    I must say, it's curious how actual model importers doesn't complain alot about hacks.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:04:29 PM by Kyouma » Logged

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:55 PM »

Rim effects are the new Shadow.

Yeah I [censored]ing went there.
    Actually, the funny thing about that is that Mewtwo2000 is rim lighting all the Brawl characters while the only others doing rim lightning are some of people who import and the that retexture project, Smash 3. It doesn't even come close to the Shadows considering how uncommon it still is.

Dr.
    Hyper Kitten

Hi stranger, you look good ;D

• Awards Featured Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »

Then again, why would these people even want to involve themselves in a community like this? If the veterans, the ones that have been practicing the art for years now, are so little supporting and so much demeaning about "standards to uphold", might as well just post [censored] on the Vault instead of getting ridiculed here. .-.

This^

Also, there's just too many things to think about before we can even begin to understand why people submit "terrible" hacks. It's no use making a separate thread to rant about it.
    I think the 1st post went straight to the point and we've just derailed the topic to rant about "terrible" hacks

In all this time I've been in the vault I've only submited 6 hacks, all of them show my "standards". And while I do enjoy hacks made by some of the more well known users, sometimes those do not meet my standards.

In the end is just a matter of personal preference.

Sharky
    Mega Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 12:18:10 AM »

Actually, the funny thing about that is that Mewtwo2000 is rim lighting all the Brawl characters while the only others doing rim lightning are some of people who import and the that retexture project, Smash 3. It doesn't even come close to the Shadows considering how uncommon it still is.
    i did my own rim lit charizard for my own radioactive texture before rim lit charizard existed, NOT FUN, only used rim lighting to make it seem like he is glowing, then just released the regular texture because i figured i have it. Double whammy, rim lit and over saturated in a bright color ;^) but the texture took a long time because i had to do alot of filter work, freehand coloring, burning tool and so on, also did eyes and eye lids.

Coffee fueled gearhead.

nernerman
    Hyper Kitten

Whaddya mean I'm not sexy?

• Awards RAGE!! Warm Welcomer Active Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »

This is why I have started slowly stopped uploading things, no matter what happens someone whines, and then it goes to that hate blog yada yada and so forth. It's a never ending cycle.

Post Merge: February 01, 2014, 01:31:21 AM
    What pisses me off more, is this "over saturation" thing that is getting popular/annoying was my thing before Smash 4 was announced. Now anytime I post anything, I look like an [censored].
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:31:21 AM by nernerman » Logged

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jnernerman

Add me on video games and stuffs

XBOX Live- nernerman
    PSN- nernerman
    League Of Legends- nernerman
    Steam- nernerman
    WiiU- nernerman

2DS code- 3239-3643-3359
    3DS code- 1934-0670-6807

Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermansdesktop)
    Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermanslaptop)]

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

The thing is.. From what I've personally seen.. You don't get much complains if you are an importer and put new characterss, but if you are editing a regular character, it seems you have to do alot of work to don't have any complain.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

I agree with you, saturation is overused and exagerated. But there is no real way to stop it. You have no idea how it feels to see hacks that were obviusly done without any effort and having to "approve" them, because there are no rules against it.

The thing is, the vault is free for everyone to upload what they will. So there'll be new users uploading poor quality stuff, but as KJP said, criticism meant to help them can be given. Some of them may become good modders, most of the veterans here started with no knowledge about it. Eventually people will have to drop this trend of just recoloring and move out to more advanced stuff.

EDIT: you guys are posting really fast. Tongue

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 06:34:08 AM »

I guess we can say live and let live, right? The people who'll improve will, and the ones who don't have the drive will find something else to do.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: