Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gecko OS Patch File Not Found  (Read 2640 times)
Kosner
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »

It's been awhile since I played Brawl, and I thought I'd start playing it again (especially after hearing about the clone engine) but I'm having trouble getting my file replacement to work on again. I'm attempting to use Gecko OS (1.9.3.1) I have the files I want to replace stored correctly (RSBE/pf/fighter/) etc, and a .gct file. Gecko finds the codes and enables them all, except for the file patch code. It always says the file patch code could not be found, and I've tried using 3.5.1 and 2.1 or whatever but I still get the same error. I've tried making it the first, or the last code, still nothing.

After looking around I've seen a lot of posts saying Gecko OS (or maybe Brawl itself) doesn't work with SD cards over 2GB with the file patch code, but this is the same exact card I was using before and it worked fine then. I was capable of using imported stages, characters, just about everything. For the record I'm using a 16GB mini SDHC card.

I know it worked last time, so either something has changed or I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

SharpHackz200
Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:37:14 PM »

Sometimes the codes won't be found by Gecko OS when It's locked. Was this an old sd card from before?  Old SD card tend to have their locking switch broken.  If it is broken then you can take off the locking switch and replace the whole hole with aluminum foil (that's what I did last time, but I'm sure there are other ways to do it Im srs here.) And if this doesn't work, I might ask you to be more specific on the error part, because there are so many errors about Gecko OS and codes that I don't know which one you're talking about. Undecided

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »

The lock works fine and I've tested it in both positions but it doesn't work.

To be more specific, with defaults settings for Gecko OS, if I turn on SD File Patch and SD cheats, it'll say "Setting up drive.." shortly followed by "SD File Patch Not Found"

If I try with SD cheats turned on, but File Patch off, it finds and applies the codes correctly, but none of the files are replaced (characters/textures/etc)

EDIT: I think I was misunderstanding what the File Patch option was, and that I only need to enable the cheats from the .gct However the File Patch Code still doesn't work. I've tried formatting the SD and creating a single partition of exactly 2GB in size but that didn't work either..
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:18:15 PM by Kosner » Logged

SharpHackz200
    Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 04:03:53 AM »

The lock works fine and I've tested it in both positions but it doesn't work.

To be more specific, with defaults settings for Gecko OS, if I turn on SD File Patch and SD cheats, it'll say "Setting up drive.." shortly followed by "SD File Patch Not Found"

If I try with SD cheats turned on, but File Patch off, it finds and applies the codes correctly, but none of the files are replaced (characters/textures/etc)

EDIT: I think I was misunderstanding what the File Patch option was, and that I only need to enable the cheats from the .gct However the File Patch Code still doesn't work. I've tried formatting the SD and creating a single partition of exactly 2GB in size but that didn't work either..

Then make sure to put them in the codes folder on the root of your SD card.

If that doesn't work then just activate the codes in the wii with Cheat Manager.
    Put a .txt file with all the codes in it on the txtcodes in the root of your sd card so that the Cheat Manager knows where the txt file is.  Make Sure that the first two lines of the txt files says

RSBE01
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Then go to homebrew channel, use cheat manager, select your txt files with codes in it, and it will tell you which code to enable.  Generate it and it will make a gct file and it will put it on the codes folder in your SD, so that Gecko can read it.

checkmate
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »

Kosner,

Try File Patch Code 3.5.1b.  It is located in a readme you download with the BrawlEx files.

In the Config Options Try setting the Gecko Hook Type to "AXNextFrame" so BrawlEx does not work intermittently.

As for the "SD File Patch Not Found" error, I would try keeping "SD File Patcher" off (set to NO) and keep "SD Cheats" on, set to "YES" and I think things should work.

I hope this helps you.

(I also wanted to mention that I tend to state the obvious.  I  just wanted to be clear, not offensive.)

-checkmate

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: