Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Making a weapon appear, and then vanish after usage  (Read 936 times)
That BattleToad PSA Guy
Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 11, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »

Hi!

A lot of you may or may not remember me from my BattleToad PSA. And if you don't, well, that's OK. But I'm temporarily coming out of retirement for one more job, but first I need some PSA pointers. My first one? Weapons, and how to make them appear, than DISappear.

You see, my hack will be Captain Falcon over Fox, but I still want the B button move (The Blaster), to remain the same. I figure the best way to do this was to have the blaster show up when it's used, then go away when it's no longer in use. But how would I pull this off? In-depth coverage would be much appreciated.

Thanks!  Wink

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »

Sorry to double-post, but does there exist a tutorial for this sorta thing?

Here's my list of current-used strategies:

1) I originally tried .rels, but in the case of someone with so much models in tact like Falcon and Fox, it obviously didn't work. I even tried renaming the "ft_Falcon.rel" to "ft_Fox.rel", only to have the same effect. I know this wouldn't surprise you experts, but I'm fairly new at this kinda thing.

2) Next, I tried putting the Falcon model over the FoxMotionEtc.PAC. Once again, didn't work. Plus, in BrawlBox, he looked really scrunched and awkward. I know this has something to do with the bones, so if there's a method to fix them, please let me know. It'd be much appreciated.

So now you know what I've tried. While I'm hear, I may as well get this off my chest, too: Is there a way to preview a weapon with a character at the same time? I'm guessing no, but I dunno if any of the newer BrawlBox releases have added this feature or not...
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:04:41 PM by That BattleToad PSA Guy » Logged

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: