Alright then, time to shake off the rust

Started by JBG, March 30, 2010, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?

Veran V2
6 (10.3%)
Fi
9 (15.5%)
Majora V3
11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2
5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link
8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link
12 (20.7%)
Demise
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

I switched her sweater for a tunic. That's really the only differance. I still need to give it a more rough clothy feel, but that will come in time.

Looking at her now i have to say (and this could be just me) is that i really saw the real Saria in her. No peach at all, which is good of course.

And i'm sorry about your dog..

I love the tunic! I say she's perfect except for the face paint.

And she still needs more desaturation. Then again if people complain about it being dull, have one realistic desaturated version and then one colorful saturated version.

Actually to me the color is fine, same for the face paint. It adds more to the Twilight feeling in my opinion.

That's why I said make the realistic unsaturated version and make the colorful saturated version.

You know what Black Boo, when you're done just send me the files and I'll make the realistic unsaturated version, cause I don't understand why some people like everything so cartoony. :srs:

How is the current one not realistic? It has enough color to match a normal shirt in Twilight Princess, so why even more desaturating? Link in TP was too far desaturated, he had little color at all..

July 27, 2011, 11:48:25 AM #741 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:53:17 AM by Triforce Zelda
That's what made it look more real!

I'm thinking about desaturating a lot of things in SSBBL.

Quote from: Triforce Zelda on July 27, 2011, 11:48:25 AM
That's what made it look more real!
Going too far in desaturating makes it less real, his clothes looked like they were washed in bleach. The entire environment and everything had more color then Link.

Ok, loo at yourself in the mirror - do your clothes FLASH out in bright burning color or do they just appear there? Are they Bright or dull? The world is supposed to be just a little more colorful than we are - we're HUMANS, we're imperfect, why must everything look so flashy? It's Brawl! a fighting game! Stuff needs to be worn out and unsaturated, why people want everything to be so colorful is beyond me.

I never said they should be flashy, i said the current clothes are fine. They aren't flashy nor too far desaturated. I say keep this version as it is, sure you can have a very desaturated version next to it if you want. I for one, want it in these colors it's now.

Alright whatever. I'll make it desaturated and hd. But seriously, looking around the vault I see people putting up all these super saturated textures and they just look so cartoony and unreal and It's just not fitting the Brawl mood.

@SuperZelda: You might want to check the settings on your monitor and TV. Brawl is INCREDIBLY desaturated compared to Melee, and Twilight Princess was far from flashy, as is Saria.

Seriously, I took Link's tunic texture and pasted it onto Peach, made some modifications and altered the color a little. That's pertty much it. If you think this is too saturated, then you must think that Twilight Princess is too saturated.

Or perhaps you should get your eyes checked if you think that most of the hacks are too saturated? I'm not meaning that to sound mean, you're just sounding a little out there.

I can tell you right now that this hack is less saturated than Rosalina or Daisy. Are those too saturated? If no, then this hack isn't saturated.

Actually, I think I know what's giving people different opinions: her skin tone. I darkened it to match Twilight Princess better.

Perhaps we should all chill the [censored] out and quit arguing over [censored] such as saturation.

Come on guys..

Now time to appreciate Saria and remember that this was Peach once..

July 27, 2011, 06:54:46 PM #748 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:54:55 PM by Himari Naihoro
I sent Boo new pictures of the recolors i was doing, if he agrees on the current colors then it's going to be uploaded with pics and even a video today!

edit: i feel like showing a spoiler >.>
Current idea for the colors



Note: BB has to approve this first!

Sent you a PM Pride.

Look into what I suggested, as well as altering the teal skin tones if necessary.