Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?
Veran V2 - 6 (10.3%)
Fi - 9 (15.5%)
Majora V3 - 11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2 - 5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link - 8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link - 12 (20.7%)
Demise - 7 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 74
Author Topic: Alright then, time to shake off the rust  (Read 277460 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #765 on: July 27, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »

Ok, I think this is going to be the last preview. There's not a whole lot more I can think to do with this right now.

I'll probably release her in a couple days. I have a commission to work on.

Dat jacket.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #766 on: July 27, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »

Wow.

I really like how this has progressed. The tunic and everything looks so much better. I love how you even threw in some leaves on her arms. Her eyes also look a bunch better.

The only thing left about her that really bothers me is the shape of her boots. They seem too bulky, and I think Saria would look better if they had a more feminine shape.

Have you experimented with Saria's facepaint being more of an unsaturated red-brown color? Perhaps that would help distinguish it from her hair. As well, I personally think the design on the facepaint could be a bit more detailed. I like that you're deciding to keep her forehead from having any facepaint, but maybe some forest/nature themed swirls could help accentuate the design.

edit: actually, why not use the kokiri symbol? (or some variant thereof)

By the way, that touch of red on her pants makes her look so much better.
    Anyways, good luck with the rest of Saria.

I'm very sorry about your dog. I put mine down less than two months ago, because of lung problems and some seizures. It was weird having my mom's first birthday without her, since we always give her cake and icecream, and she would always go crazy when she heard us sing happy birthday and stuff.
    Hope things go well in regards to that. And take your time if you need to; don't let brawl get in the way of real life.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:37:14 PM by mariofan1138 » Logged

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #767 on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »

The boots are meant to be bog and clunky. They're really meant to accentuate the fact that they're sort of thrown together, and also to help balance out the general shape of her body, so she looks a little more child like. They're even bigger in the concept sketch actually :/

As far as facepaint goes, again, This is how I drew it out. It's not meant for it to be elaborate, just something she can put on every morning or after every bath with minimal effort. I may experiment with the color though, and I suppose I could add a few more of those prongs under her eyes, that never hurts. I'll see how it looks. And I cant really do any kokiri symbol variants because of her facial symmetry. She has one on her necklace, I think that suffices enough. Something that's a small "Easter egg," referencing OoT, like how that symbol is on the forest temple doors.

GameWatching
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #768 on: July 28, 2011, 07:55:48 AM »

dude,
    it needs a better face edit :C

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #769 on: July 28, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »

Her face paint seems fine in my opinion, but maybe try making her eyes a bit smaller so they don't look peachy? lol The face paint could be a red-brown to contrast from the hair and clothes.

GameWatching
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #770 on: July 28, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »

Her face paint seems fine in my opinion, but maybe try making her eyes a bit smaller so they don't look peachy? lol The face paint could be a red-brown to contrast from the hair and clothes.

wut ?
    eyes smaller than that ?
    hell no

they need to be bigger with a different shape

the mouth, the nose, the face shape needs edit too

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #771 on: July 28, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »

wut ? eyes smaller than that ? hell no
    they need to be bigger with a different shape
    http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/3/33/OoT_Saria.png/215px-OoT_Saria.png
    the mouth, the nose, the face shape needs edit too
    IMO the nose and mouth are fine, the eyes could be changed a bit yes. The face shape.. is fine to me. I like this to be honest, i wouldn't mind getting this version in my PM inbox *hint* XD

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #772 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:40 AM »

I'm saying that if he wants to go for more of a Twilight Princess feel. Like bigger than Link and Zelda's but smaller than peach to maintain her young appearance. But if he should base it off of that image.. Then bigger.

GameWatching
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #773 on: July 28, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »

IMO the nose and mouth are fine, the eyes could be changed a bit yes. The face shape.. is fine to me. I like this to be honest, i wouldn't mind getting this version in my PM inbox *hint* XD

the nose's fine yeah,
    the mouth needs to be enlarged a bit imo

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #774 on: July 28, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »

the nose's fine yeah,
    the mouth needs to be enlarged a bit imo
    Yeah a little, not too much though. And i think Zedkiel has a point with the face-paint, it could be brownish/red-ish to make the eyes come out more. I think it'll look nice.

I'm saying that if he wants to go for more of a Twilight Princess feel. Like bigger than Link and Zelda's but smaller than peach to maintain her young appearance. But if he should base it off of that image.. Then bigger.
    That's true, her eyes were always bigger then Link's and Zelda's. Peach just has huge eyes xD

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #775 on: July 28, 2011, 08:46:06 AM »

Ok guys, but here's the problem for all of you.

Ifi makeher eyes any smaller, then there will be points when her irises disappear behind the eye texture. Compare these to Peach's eye textures. They're way smaller already. Not to mention her face will then have a TON of empty space. Peach's eyes are hard to work with guys. Gees. Also, I said earlier I'd be going less towards her OOT eye shape and more towards Illlia's eye shape, since she is technically Saria's TP equivalent.

If I enlarge the mouth more, yes it will look better in the T-pose, but then it will look strange in the actual poses. Trust me it looks a little strange already. I'll give it a shot but no promises.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: July 28, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »

Ok guys, but here's the problem for all of you.

Ifi makeher eyes any smaller, then there will be points when her irises disappear behind the eye texture. Compare these to Peach's eye textures. They're way smaller already. Not to mention her face will then have a TON of empty space. Peach's eyes are hard to work with guys. Gees. Also, I said earlier I'd be going less towards her OOT eye shape and more towards Illlia's eye shape, since she is technically Saria's TP equivalent.

If I enlarge the mouth more, yes it will look better in the T-pose, but then it will look strange in the actual poses. Trust me it looks a little strange already. I'll give it a shot but no promises.
    Eh, i can see your point about her face being empty.. Wouldn't look right at all and her eyes do look fine to me.
    The mouth looks weird in game? Really? O.o?

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #777 on: July 28, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »

Eh, i can see your point about her face being empty.. Wouldn't look right at all and her eyes do look fine to me. The mouth looks weird in game? Really? O.o?

Only when she opens it. Hang on I'm going to upload the concept sketch I'm using.  Maybe that will clear some things up.

There see? I'm using a similar eye shape to that of Peach, yet it still looks fine. I agree, the mouth could be wider ont he hack. I'll give that a quick try. If it doesn't work, then sorry.
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:29:47 AM by Black Boo » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #778 on: July 28, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »

Nice sketch o.o and now that i can see what you based it on i can see it's practically the same by now. Really cool Cheesy

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #779 on: July 28, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »

Yeah. But her mouth is kind of faded. that dark line on her face where the mouth might be is actually like the usual lip shadow line they have in mangas and such. The mouth in the sketch is a lot wider, but she's grinning so yeah. They're pretty much the same.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 74
    Print
    Jump to: