BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates

Started by Vyse, March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yeah, it's working again. I couldn't help but notice that every time someone would say "I don't know what you're talking about; it's working for me" just happened to be at the same time that the Vault would actually work. Kind of ironic. But anyway, glad it's back and looking like it's working all the time. :happy:

I think It would be cool to get feedback from people that downloaded your hack. Like a comments feature.


Quote from: mg4te on April 20, 2016, 11:04:44 AM
I think It would be cool to get feedback from people that downloaded your hack. Like a comments feature.
Quote from: windhunter7 on April 20, 2016, 12:48:56 PM
^
|
|

That sounds cool! :happy:

If reports are abused, imagine a feedback feature. That would be incredibly hard to moderate. Something like this can easily be abused by many new users and bots, so no, bad idea.

Good point. Besides which, users who love or hate a hack can always PM the creator anyways...

Quote from: mg4te on April 20, 2016, 11:04:44 AM
I think It would be cool to get feedback from people that downloaded your hack. Like a comments feature.
This has been talked about a bunch of times.
This isn't gonna happen. Imagine all the trolls that could comment on a hack.
Same with a rating system. People would play favorites and only like their favorite hacks and trash all the not-as-great hacks.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I think that was the purpose of the blog in some way, but of course only for th chosen hacks that deserved to be there.

Hey the "Safe Search" doesn't exactly work. I saw "leaf 'censored' and improved naked ZSS" when browsing Brawl Vault, and I'm disturbed, to say the least. If the "Safe Search" button is green, that means it's supposed to be on, right? Can this be improved?

Try hovering over "Safe Search"; it specifically states "Enable this to show only approved entries while browsing"; i.e. This has nothing to do with whether or not nude hacks appear; it only makes it so that pending hacks don't appear. There's this thing called "Ignoring", which is quite useful, where it allows the user to bypass said hacks and just skip them to look at the other ones. You should try it...

And you should try answering the question plainly, without being a [censored]...

The "Safe Search" does not filter NSFW material like Google and whatnot, but unapproved hacks. This is becoming less and less relevant though, since less and less hacks are staying unapproved for very long. Maybe we'll move or remove the button at some point, to avoid confusion.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on April 30, 2016, 08:30:42 PM
And you should try answering the question plainly, without being a [censored]...

I'm sorry. :'(

Maybe there should be a list of words that, when put in to the hack name or description, can be tagged as NSFW. IDK how it can be implemented, but it's a thought.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Here's a thought off of what Segtendo just said:

The "Safe Search" could be replaced with something like "Show NSFW Hacks", and then, when the hacks are pending, the Vault Staff tags each one as NSFW after pending approval, if applicable.

As for figuring out which old ones to add that tag to, you could always ask me to search the Vault for every hack that is NSFW, and I could PM that list to an admin or something. It may take a while, though, mostly because I have other stuff I have to do, so I don't readily have the time, but when I do have the time, I'm glad to help out! :)

Or just add an NSFW tag?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Blanc Trois on May 01, 2016, 12:24:33 AM
Or just add an NSFW tag?

Oh yeah, I forgot that every single person on all of kc-mm who ever uploads anything is 100% honest and correct. -_-

Hint: Why don't you take a look at the Vault and see how many recolors of model imports are listed as textures and not model imports, or how many disobey the Vault rules. Cause I have; as in, the entire Vault, and way too many to count. You can't trust the users; you gotta have the staff tag 'em.