Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544297 times)
Asuka
(@益@)ゞ
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #720 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?
    Do I count on this?
    I'm pretty much a neutral party, I have been around for a loooooooooong time and even if I don't post in hacking threads I lurk around all of them.

First let me say that the display of bickering from both sides is ludicrous.
    We all know how stubborn, condescending, and self-righteous some of the people involved in this can get.
    Miacis shouldn't be mocking and taunting others with witty sarcastic comments or his avatar and personal text; Nano shouldn't go to other sites, get people riled up and bring them here to target the people he disagrees with.

First of all clear your minds, let your heads cool down, act a little bit mature, and then discuss these issues with civility instead of constantly jumping at each other.
    There's been animosity between KCMM and PM members for a long time, and seems people in both sides still resent it, how about leaving that aside too?

It would have been much better to have this conversation between the KCMM and ex-PM staff somewhere else to reach a middle ground and final decision.

Now, as for the main issue; some people here are complaining about theft and making analogies but this is not your average case of burglary, we're talking about files that were leaked, that have been circulating around the internet for months now.
    People already have these files, they've already modified them, used them, added to them, complemented them. Whether they're allowed into the vault or not is not gonna change the fact that those files are currently hosted somewhere in the internet being downloaded and shared.

The people who downloaded those files, edit them and upload them somewhere else aren't thieves, they're not stealing, they're just using them, and ultimately sharing them.
    The only "thief" would be the person who got the files and leaked them in the first place. If you want to point fingers and blame it on someone, that's the person you should go after.

When you read the vault rules that have been in place for years, and the specific set of rules for these PM files, the staff's decision is simply to allow users to share their edits to files that are already available to people.
    That's it.
    Banning it from the vault won't make it disappear from the web, and people who upload edits to that work won't get praise as creators of the content, since pretty much everyone will know who made the work originally.

Personally, I never liked the system of "as long as you credit the original creator you can upload your version without asking for permission", but if it wasn't in place, a lot of improved versions of older content or new content taking little bits of pieces from others would never see the light of day. Which would be a shame in a community and storage system where the main point is sharing everyone's work.

I totally get the anger and frustration that comes from someone making minor edits to your work and uploading it on their own; I mean, it happened to me back in the day; but in the end, people are forced to give proper credit where credit is due and it gives more options to choose from to the users downloading content.

Now, some complaints are about the original creator's wishes.
    I don't know, but I highly doubt that Nano alone or all these PM fans can talk on behalf of all the other people that worked on that PM content.
    Some might not dislike the idea of the files getting shared, some might want to complete it and release them themselves later on, some might prefer to keep the files to themselves and never share them with anyone.
    In that case, wouldn't it be better if each of those people directly involved approached the staff and talked to them about what they think and want?

It would be great if the people who worked directly in those files were willing to discuss it with the staff here and reach a middle point of agreement.
    It would also be great if the staff here was willing to ultimately follow and support the decision of the ex-PM members whose work is directly involved.

A lot of you guys have used this just as an excuse to white-knight your beloved ex-PM staff and to lash out against the evil KCMM staff.
    Some are even unable to detect sarcasm in a mocking post.
    People like that are not worth talking with in this case, just makes the debate go in circles.
    Which is why again, I propose this is taken to another place and only discussed between the direct involved people.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #721 on: February 04, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »

This is a fact. Miacis and the PMDT have had their past, but that was in the past. This decision was reached by all the Brawl Vault Staff, not Miacis alone. And Miacis didn't make it public until we made sure we were all on the same page. Miacis and myself were just 2 more votes added to those of the Vault Staff. Now, you know who are some of the Vault Staff members? People like KingJigglyPuff (ex-PMDT), Theytah (ex-PMDT), Scout (A common browser of SmashBoards), ASF1nk (Known CSS Modder), and Legacy Wolf (Pretty known for his Stages).

He's right. I decided to vote and therefore I must agree to the outcome, regardless of what the main choice was.

So this was decided by all of us in the end. And thats that.

Im sorry for making things worst.

Um, can you pass me the flak vest when you can?

Dreamtastic72
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #722 on: February 06, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Are re uploads allowed here. I notice a user by the name of falcothefox stole a hack on here and reuploaded it claiming as his. This is the hack. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210790  It was the Super Sonic Landmaster hack by NecroMasterX. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7534  I told him that he stole it and it was NecroMasterX's hack. He then removed the Report and put me and NecroMaster as collab and credit. The thing is though is that I didn't made the hack and he still has it up there. Is it possible to get it deleted? He stole other hacks and claimed it as his work before as well.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #723 on: February 06, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »

Looks like it's just someone's trolling account, submitting hacks already on the Vault and claiming he made them. (For the record, and in relation to recent discussions, the latter is what we consider theft here.)

All his other stolen hacks are deleted and he's been doing nothing but that since joining, so I think we're just gonna go all Old Yeller on that account.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #724 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:52 AM »

Hey folks, I'm here with a bit of an announcement regarding that whole P:M business.

We're planning to open up a chatroom this weekend for the staff, former PMDT and related who wish to discuss the re-uploading thing from last week, in a slightly more cool-headed environment.
    We aim to reach at least a decent understanding by the end of these two days, meaning the plan is to get things done, and not waste time on pointless drama.

Simply send one of the admins a PM with your Skype name and we'll add you to the room once it starts.

It should be held on Skype, since I know for a fact the whole staff is on it. Not sure about whether or not other software like Discord or Telegram cover them, but that's also a possibility. If anybody wants to join but doesn't use Skype or intend to use it (which is entirely understandable), make sure to say so here and we'll see what we can do. Worse comes to worse, we can just make an IRC channel.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:50:07 AM by Miacis » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #725 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:31 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=45045&Moderated=All

Its not the 15th yet, can these possibly get removed?

Thanks.

EDIT: No I did not tell my fans to bombard this one with reports. Those are PMCC members who are mad because their content is also in there.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:17:45 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #726 on: February 11, 2016, 09:36:02 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=45045&Moderated=All

Its not the 15th yet, can these possibly get removed?

Thanks.

Holy [censored].
    What an [censored].
    I bet he totally ignored this thread.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2016, 05:14:35 PM »

EDIT: No I did not tell my fans to bombard this one with reports. Those are PMCC members who are mad because their content is also in there.
    On that topic, and since I'm sure they are reading this thread sometimes, please try and keep your reports accurate, all of you. Don't get me wrong, those files were hella infringing for plenty of reasons:
    Those files are not standalone. Those files have very foggy credits. Isaac's download is broken. P:M files aren't allowed to be submitted by non-PMDT people until the 15th.
    If you consider them packs (even if they're not straight-to-SD!), they have no proper credits Readme and do not contain any of the author's contributions.

However, "Leaked content is forbidden on the Vault", "You can't upload it because it's not yours" and such aren't such reasons and are untrue in this time and place. They really should not be the vast majority of the 10~20 reports each of those files got.

I bet he totally ignored this thread.
    Seeing the timing with which this was submitted, I bet that he actually read this thread very carefully...

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #728 on: February 13, 2016, 06:24:03 AM »

The chatroom is up and should stay around for the next couple of days. Just ask and we'll add you in.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #729 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:16 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210909

N00b Plagiarism at its dumbest... THIS is what that I consider as ''hack thievery'' since the guy oblivioulsy give no credit nor collabbed the original author... plus the file is the EXACT SAME as ShadowLuigiNG's model port. Also, it's pretty obvious if you look at the reports, too! Awesome Face
    This hack is oddly familiar... Seems to be someone else's hack that was re-uploaded. Plus, you need in-game pictures, not official ones for model ports.
    by TokoyamiTheDark on: Today at 07:03:09 PM

stolen from ShadowLuigiNG
    by shikamaru12 on: Today at 06:43:57 PM

ShadowLuigiNG reupload
    by Psycho Hedgie on: February 16, 2016, 05:18:12 PM

This is a direct reupload of ShadowLuigiNG's Sonic, and must be removed
    by ⚠WARNING⚠ on: February 16, 2016, 10:56:05 AM

This hack is stolen from ShadowLuigiNG. Take this down.
    by SubZero2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:34:46 AM

Yup, 5 reports for this being stolen, but I also added that model ports MUST have in-game pictures. It's the rules after all...

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #730 on: February 17, 2016, 04:58:35 PM »

It's been dealt with now.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #731 on: February 18, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8279

has an adfly link.

Y

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #732 on: February 18, 2016, 10:39:35 PM »

Fixed.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #733 on: February 21, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »

The chatroom is up and should stay around for the next couple of days. Just ask and we'll add you in.
    What came of this? Was any verdict reached or rules decided on?
    Out of curiosity.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #734 on: February 22, 2016, 06:21:53 AM »

Well, we had a nice discussion with Spex, who voiced legitimate concerns and seemed satisfied by the way we had planned to handle things in general. As for the other active chatroom participants, they're currently part of the BV Staff room and we'll be discussing with them the finer subtleties that were brought up as they come up.
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:22:54 AM by Miacis » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: