BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates

Started by Vyse, March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Might be just my personal opinion, but reporting a hack for incorrect tagging seems perfectly acceptable to me.

However, I don't think that was ever encouraged. It should, though.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


May 01, 2016, 01:11:17 AM #766 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:12:50 AM by Segtendo
Quote from: windhunter7 on May 01, 2016, 12:26:46 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that every single person on all of kc-mm who ever uploads anything is 100% honest and correct. -_-

Hint: Why don't you take a look at the Vault and see how many recolors of model imports are listed as textures and not model imports, or how many disobey the Vault rules. Cause I have; as in, the entire Vault, and way too many to count. You can't trust the users; you gotta have the staff tag 'em.
Cut the attitude there, windhunter. It isn't needed.

Why is the staff responsible for tagging hacks? Their many priority is to approve hacks, check the validity of reports, and remove faulty hacks, not tag everyone's hacks.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: windhunter7 on May 01, 2016, 12:26:46 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that every single person on all of kc-mm who ever uploads anything is 100% honest and correct. -_-

Hint: Why don't you take a look at the Vault and see how many recolors of model imports are listed as textures and not model imports, or how many disobey the Vault rules. Cause I have; as in, the entire Vault, and way too many to count. You can't trust the users; you gotta have the staff tag 'em.
Quote from: Miacis on April 30, 2016, 08:30:42 PM
And you should try answering the question plainly, without being a [censored]...
Not even a day passed and you did it again. I'm astonished.

Quote from: Blanc Trois on May 01, 2016, 01:01:10 AM
Might be just my personal opinion, but reporting a hack for incorrect tagging seems perfectly acceptable to me.

However, I don't think that was ever encouraged. It should, though.
Yeah, adding a NSFW Checkbox for when submitting/editing a mod might do the trick for the newer mods. However, we'd have to go back and re-check the older ones (And have a Staff edit them all). Not worth it, in my opinion.

A new rating system like comments would be cool

That's a can of worms you do not want to open.

The majority of the BV/KC-MM Staff oppose putting a rating system of any sort onto BV for various reasons and have each spoken against it when such a feature was suggested.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

May 26, 2016, 10:22:46 AM #770 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:25:14 AM by Msf101
Hey I was just wondering, I'm a little bit new to the boards and well I made a request topic where I take requests. Are OTHER people allowed to post links themselves when people ask for requests or should they create their OWN topic for it?

Post Merge: May 26, 2016, 10:25:13 AM

Here is the link to my topic if it helps (on page 2 and 3)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76488.0
And still... no Project M PAL...

Quote from: Msf101 on May 26, 2016, 10:22:46 AM
Hey I was just wondering, I'm a little bit new to the boards and well I made a request topic where I take requests. Are OTHER people allowed to post links themselves when people ask for requests or should they create their OWN topic for it?

Post Merge: May 26, 2016, 10:25:13 AM

Here is the link to my topic if it helps (on page 2 and 3)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76488.0
It is okay if you allow it.

Can we remove "Dropbox preferred" from the "Submit" page?
Dropbox has a 20GB daily data cap and multiple violations result in long periods of "Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" ShadowLuigi~NG~'s, russmarrs2's, etc.'s vaults have already experienced issues with this.
Mediafire and MEGA are better alternatives. I'd even argue that Dropbox should be discouraged for file sharing usage on a public forum.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Huh. I always thought Dropbox was near the best way of uploading compared to MediaFire. A number of hacks here with MediaFire in 2013-2009 are broken and stuff. I'd prefer Dropbox so the download link lasts longer than MediaFire's, in my opinion.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

If there are issues with Mediafire (I've been using it for almost 2 years and the only problems I had were 2x ~12 hour server downtimes) I'm alright with another suggestion. I can just see Dropbox causing avoidable issues for popular users so its use should be discouraged.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Yeah...I couldn't agree more with the fact Dropbox has those "503" errors here and there.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Actually, surprisingly, both Dropbox and Mediafire have approximately the same rate of broken downloads, and both are the top two to use, kind of tied, for how long they last. Coming from the guy who has looked at the entire Vault. And I mean ALL of it.

Quote from: Ebola16 on May 29, 2016, 12:02:03 AM
Can we remove "Dropbox preferred" from the "Submit" page?
Dropbox has a 20GB daily data cap and multiple violations result in long periods of "Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" ShadowLuigi~NG~'s, russmarrs2's, etc.'s vaults have already experienced issues with this.
Mediafire and MEGA are better alternatives. I'd even argue that Dropbox should be discouraged for file sharing usage on a public forum.
I too have been having these issues, however, as you said, this is only an issue with very popular modders (or, on my case, a guy who shares stuff with Dropbox on a lot of places. I'm sure that ended up killing mine so I've had to re-upload stuff on another account).

Thing is, nothing is certain. It is a hassle that Dropbox wipes the whole Vault of these users once it expires. Mediafire (AFAIK) only kills the highly downloaded mod on the other hand. Mega also requires you to kind of encrypt the names so the files won't be removed, which can be a hassle. Out of the three, I can't say which is the best, so instead of removing Dropbox, I opt for adding Mega (And maybe Google Drive/One Drive) to the suggested upload methods.


Quote from: windhunter7 on May 30, 2016, 04:08:44 PM
Wasn't Mega shut down, though?
Coming from "the guy who has looked at the entire Vault. And I mean ALL of it", I'm led to believe you've done a [censored]ty job at looking at the entirety of the Vault. Mega came back weeks after Megaupload died, and it's heavily used.