Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to add Working SubActions  (Read 6767 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »

ever tried adding Subaction but when you using them they dont work like they should?

thats because it just not adding subaction to the PSA, we need to increase the Subaction count aswell!

this guide will be reaaaally simple and short, but little tricky!

What you need:
    * Your PSA and a clean FitChar.pac if you forgot the original Subaction count
    * Brawlbox 68b which can add Subaction, also view its ID
    * the Module thats used for the Character
    * a Hex Editor
    * a calculator that can swap between Hex and Dec

1. Open up your PSA in Brawlbox and look at the last Subaction ID that you added, remember it!
    also, look up the last Subaction ID of the Original Subaction (you can look up a clean FitChar.pac if you forgot which it was)

2. Convert the ID for the last added Subaction and the last original Subaction to hex! when add "1" to it to get the ID you need!

Example: Donkey Kongs Last Subaction ID: 515 = 203 in hex. 203 + 1 = 204 in hex
    Donkey Kongs Last added Subaction: 525 = 20D in hex 20D + 1 = 20E in hex

3. open up Hex Editor and Search for "38 A0 XX XX" there XX XX is the Original last Subaction ID! meaning in DKs case, I would search for "38 A0 02 04"

4. here is the tricky part, there is 8 places we need to change to the Last Added Subaction ID!
    they are always pretty early on the list and are grouped together!
    DKs First ID to change is at 0x0BEC and the last is at 0x12E4. so dont be below 0x2000 and search!

Change them all to the Last Added Subaction ID!
    in DK case, I would change all to "38 A0 02 0E"

5. Save and now you are done! all your added Subactions would now work! Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:08:03 PM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »

Nice job pikazz, sure to help some people out  Kirby Dance

otheusrex
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:56:54 AM »

Thanks for this awesome post!

Question though, I have bbox v .69 so I assume I can add subactions with it. Could you add a step explaining how to add new subactions using bbox?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:03:44 AM »

Thanks for this awesome post!

Question though, I have bbox v .69 so I assume I can add subactions with it. Could you add a step explaining how to add new subactions using bbox?
    you cant edit PSA stuff in 0.69 D: (unless I missed it)

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:09:57 AM »

i would say i am bookmarking this, but im at school so i cant lol

nice job

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

otheusrex
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »

you cant edit PSA stuff in 0.69 D: (unless I missed it)
    Ok, I downloaded bbox .68b. So before I can follow these instructions, I need to have added a new sub action to the fitchar.pac, but how do I do that?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »

Ok, I downloaded bbox .68b. So before I can follow these instructions, I need to have added a new sub action to the fitchar.pac, but how do I do that?
    simple as pie, leftclick on the Subaction folder to add a new one

otheusrex
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I added a new move to my fitZelda.pac by simply finding an existing empty subaction and adding code to it. It's sub action 57 (39 in hex). When you press the B button during sub action 115 (73 in hex, her forward throw), there's a change subaction command that redirects to this new subaction 57. Everything works perfectly except the game won't read any graphics or external graphics codes that I put in the GFX for subaction 39 in PSA. When I saw your post about added subactions not functioning correctly, I thought maybe there was something I had to change with a hex editor...?

I went through the steps in the thread, and it seems like you're explaining how to tell the pac file that there is a bigger total of subactions and that this will make the file recognize you're new subaction. But in my case, I haven't changed the total number of subactions, I've just modified a previously unused subaction.

Can you give me some advice? Would changing something with a hex editor help the game recognize GFX in my modified subaction? Or would adding a new subaction and following your steps give me a move with working GFX?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:39 PM »

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I added a new move to my fitZelda.pac by simply finding an existing empty subaction and adding code to it. It's sub action 57 (39 in hex). When you press the B button during sub action 115 (73 in hex, her forward throw), there's a change subaction command that redirects to this new subaction 57. Everything works perfectly except the game won't read any graphics or external graphics codes that I put in the GFX for subaction 39 in PSA. When I saw your post about added subactions not functioning correctly, I thought maybe there was something I had to change with a hex editor...?

I went through the steps in the thread, and it seems like you're explaining how to tell the pac file that there is a bigger total of subactions and that this will make the file recognize you're new subaction. But in my case, I haven't changed the total number of subactions, I've just modified a previously unused subaction.

Can you give me some advice? Would changing something with a hex editor help the game recognize GFX in my modified subaction? Or would adding a new subaction and following your steps give me a move with working GFX?
    doesnt belong here, cause we can already use the null subactions in a PSA without any problem!
    but if you want to add a new one without replacing any "null" or existing subactions, follow the guide!

but as I understand, if you using the "Change Subaction" inside a subaction, it will not be fully functioning if its not done on the correct way
    you can try to put the Change Subaction commands in each Folder! (inside Main, SFX, GFX and others to the new subaction) both linking to the new subaction!

if it doesnt work, well I dont know whats wrong D: and dont take it here, use the A/A Help section instead

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: