How to achieve the cBliss effect in BrawlEx

Started by ShinF, March 13, 2014, 09:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hey ShinF, would there happen to be a way to edit the CSSSlotConfig so that all team colors load the same color? Some of my clones only have one outfit, and freeze if I just edit the config as if all the colors were there because the portraits don't exist.

Elaboration:
If I change the hex line to something like 0000 0100 0300 0C00, when I try to change costumes normally (NOT in Team Battles), it will freeze because the 0C bit makes it seem like there's still 3 different costumes. Do you know of a way to change that so there's only one costume to load from?
Something remixed this way comes...

You should be able to specify only 1 costume in the fighter config

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 26, 2014, 03:07:44 AM
You should be able to specify only 1 costume in the fighter config
Correct. To elaborate a bit more:

If you only check one costume in the fighter config, that's the only one the game will load from. So setting another costume to load in the fighter config should cause it to default to that one when another is selected. The portraits will still scroll as normal, but if they match then it won't be noticeable anyway.

So, in other words, if you only check 00 in the Fighter config, then you can have 0001 0103 0302 0C00 as normal, and all of them will still load costume 00 because 01, 02 and 03 aren't enabled in the Fighter config.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

April 26, 2014, 03:18:55 AM #33 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:47:39 AM by SilverBaretta
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 26, 2014, 03:07:44 AM
You should be able to specify only 1 costume in the fighter config
Quote from: ShinF on April 26, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
Correct. To elaborate a bit more:

If you only check one costume in the fighter config, that's the only one the game will load from. So setting another costume to load in the fighter config should cause it to default to that one when another is selected. The portraits will still scroll as normal, but if they match then it won't be noticeable anyway.

So, in other words, if you only check 00 in the Fighter config, then you can have 0001 0103 0302 0C00 as normal, and all of them will still load costume 00 because 01, 02 and 03 aren't enabled in the Fighter config.

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks you two, I'll set it up right now and see if it works.

It still freezes whenever I try to switch to a costume slot that doesn't exist. Do they still need to have portraits even though the costumes don't exist? That would just be the same thing as having multiple slots, wouldn't it?

Probably also should've specified that I'm using custom cosmetics (and as a result don't have portraits for the clones with less costumes than the character they're based on), which may make this more complicated. I think I'm looking more for a cosmetic redirect of sorts, instead of just a FitFighter redirect.
Something remixed this way comes...

I've gotten everything to work greatly.

Except one thing.

How would I name a 10th CSP?

Ex: I'm using CSP Slot 121.

Would I name it "MenSelchrFaceB.12110", "MenSelchrFaceB.1210", or "MenSelchrFaceB.12120"?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingofChaos on May 09, 2014, 04:36:45 PM
I've gotten everything to work greatly.

Except one thing.

How would I name a 10th CSP?

Ex: I'm using CSP Slot 121.

Would I name it "MenSelchrFaceB.12110", "MenSelchrFaceB.1210", or "MenSelchrFaceB.12120"?
If you're using slot 121, the 10th CSP would go from 1219 to 1220. (The first CSP for 122 would be 1221, so 1220 is available.)

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on May 09, 2014, 04:57:23 PM
If you're using slot 121, the 10th CSP would go from 1219 to 1220. (The first CSP for 122 would be 1221, so 1220 is available.)
Thank you. It worked.

But wouldn't that conflict with CSS Slot 122?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingofChaos on May 09, 2014, 05:08:37 PM
Thank you. It worked.

But wouldn't that conflict with CSS Slot 122?
No. Like I said, every slot starts at ---1, so the last place on the previous slot can use ---0 without any conflict.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on May 09, 2014, 05:10:19 PM
No. Like I said, every slot starts at ---1, so the last place on the previous slot can use ---0 without any conflict.
Oh.

I must have misread your post then.

Thank you for clarifying.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

For some reason, when I try to edit Mario's fighterconfig, the config utility will only let me check costumes 0 to 5, along with ?A. The other costumes aren't showing on there.

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on May 11, 2014, 05:40:52 PM
For some reason, when I try to edit Mario's fighterconfig, the config utility will only let me check costumes 0 to 5, along with ?A. The other costumes aren't showing on there.
That's a problem I can't really help with. It may be a bug with the Config Utility and whatever OS you're on. You can still download the stock files in my first post and use those - they're all already set for 10 costumes. Otherwise, you'd be better off asking in the BrawlEx thread.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

so using this with...say my katsu hack for example[who is over link] i can basically arrange it so that the first costume WONT be loaded as the green team color?
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

Quote from: DarkDeity on May 17, 2014, 03:06:49 AM
so using this with...say my katsu hack for example[who is over link] i can basically arrange it so that the first costume WONT be loaded as the green team color?
Correct. All you would need to do is rearrange the numbers in the CSSSlot Config the way you want them.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on May 17, 2014, 03:09:15 AM
Correct. All you would need to do is rearrange the numbers in the CSSSlot Config the way you want them.

excellent. once i have finished setting up my pack its off to do that XD
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

(hope this isn't necroposting)

I started something called Project ReMi a while ago and referenced this tutorial for getting 10 costumes on every character.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0
(has the download)

When all is said and done though, the game CAN still freeze when the functioning skins are put to use and I have no idea why. The main instances where I've witnessed this was when I've been trying to play it with my friends. I'll be so certain that the game won't freeze in character select because I've tested every skin individually. However, we still get a soft freeze when we click on a stage.

I'm thinking theses etra skins being loaded simultaneously causes a freeze for an unknown reason. Is this method still too beta to allow for 10 costumes, or am I doing something wrong and it can be fied?