Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51162 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: May 19, 2014, 09:51:58 PM »

You probably know this, but ADPM parameters are very similar to STPM parameters. (Normal Brawl stages use STPM for pause-camera and shadow direction among other things.)

:0 oh wow..i feel kinda stupid now lol. I had the data right in front of me, i knew what ADPM stood for (Adventure stage parameters) and yet somehow it didin't click xD.

ADPM = Adventure Stage Parameters. STPM = Stage Parameters. Well, that makes things a whole lot easier. Hopefully some really interesting things are in here! Thanks for pointing that out mate!

In other news, i've found these new "ID's" everywhere now..it's strange o.O i wonder what they do. I also wonder if it's really GET1 that defines them. Maybe GET1 was just the easiest for me to see the ID's in, however there is nothing more besides these ID's in the GET1 besides a few float values...leading me to believe it ISN'T what i originally hoped it would be..i knew it was too good to be true.

However, they still seem to be ID's for referencing other files. It's likely that buttons and GMSJ (Explicit stepjumps which can be triggered without a door) still use these ID's for referencing triggerable events

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:53:01 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »

I believe in God and I believe I gust read a thread made by God.

Sammi Husky is god, it all makes sense now!

Oh, he isn't? Or Juesus?

Well I guess he is the first real hero!

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »

Oh, I feel this is necessary to mention:

Collision objects in COLL files in stages and SSE stages have a flag value that are only used in some SSE stages. It is probably related to some of the files in BLOCs. Also, some collision planes use "Crash1" as a material, which I believe can be related to damaging collisions or something. (Using that material in versus brawl stages, however, usually crashes the game.)

Just something to be aware of if you're gonna research files related to collisions Smiley

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: May 28, 2014, 10:21:02 AM »

Oh, I feel this is necessary to mention:

Collision objects in COLL files in stages and SSE stages have a flag value that are only used in some SSE stages. It is probably related to some of the files in BLOCs. Also, some collision planes use "Crash1" as a material, which I believe can be related to damaging collisions or something. (Using that material in versus brawl stages, however, usually crashes the game.)

Just something to be aware of if you're gonna research files related to collisions Smiley
    the collision "Crash1-3" is actually inside the Module! example in break the targets or Stage Edit, those works!

so basically, to make those material work we need to imply the correct into in the stages module with %, knockback, effect ect

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: May 28, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »

Also, some collision planes use "Crash1" as a material, which I believe can be related to damaging collisions or something. (Using that material in versus brawl stages, however, usually crashes the game.)

yep! i've actually found the file that uses the Crash1 material, though it's still a little buggy. If everything isn't setup perfectly you'll end up being shot across the stage really really fast. I don't quite remember exactly what file it was, but it seems that that material is used for interfacing with files inside BLOC archives to produce unique results.

For example, the lava room in 080103a uses a 3d model called "effect_attach" and is also linked with the files GDMD and GMOT. we know GMOT is for animating objects that have an chr0 animation inside it's containing brres, however GDMD is the file in question here. It seems to be around every time something does damage to the player. Removing GDMD stops the lava from hurting you, UNTIL you reflect it or run around it too long. Then it will spout "Not enough continuous effect!" in the log, and throw you like i mentioned earlier.

(i imagine this would be where the wii normally crashes)

Interestingly enough, if you change the material to anything but crash1 the lava will no longer hurt you as well. Even if the proper files are there

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: May 28, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »

Most likely for the collisions, there is some info that ends up pointing to the hitbox data somewhere.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »

Sorry for not updating this in a while guys. i assure you im still working though, it's just that the amount of time i spend working on it has been spread a little thinner then i'd like due to my other projects.

Currently, the biggest contender standing in the way of me advancing is the last great hurdle of the files. The GFG1 file. This file (similar to GEG1 that spawns ENEMIES) actually spawns CPU fighters for you to square off against. The file is a bit more complex then the rest, and i can't really put my finger on a whole lot of things by just looking. It will require some testing and lots o' crashes to figure it out.

Other then that i have the GEFF file already mapped out. Pretty simple actually, it's literally just graphical calls from the ef_ file. Looks a whole lot like the external gfx calls in PSA. I'll hopefully be able to work on this alot more soon.

P.S if anyone wants to look at the GFG1 file, you can grab one here .

Just open it in a hex editor and try to make sense of the stuff. You'll notice that the GFG1 file is actually inside a bloc archive, which you can find the details for in the OP. However for just changing around existing values, you shouldn't even need to bother. Just pick an interesting looking number and start changin and testin.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: June 13, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »

Just a small hint: Use multiple GFG1 files and compare them. Look at the different stages where this file is used, and observe how the enemy CPUs work here. It can help giving you an idea of how the file is structured/ what values do what, instead of only doing trial-and-error testing.
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:56:09 AM by Sky Grounder » Logged

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »

Sammi if you can get me 5-10 different GFG1 files of different sizes ill try to figure it out.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »

Thanks Dant, any help is greatly appreciated. You can get a bunch of gfg1 files here. Something i just noticed while making these, is that it seems the files can control which costume to load, as well as can load more then 1 character at a time from 1 file.

If anyone else wants to end up testin them in dolphin, open up the miscdata[7] and one of the gfg1 files in a hex editor and append the data to the miscdata[7]. It's just an empty BLOC archive that's already setup for a single file. Then just replace the miscdata[7] in the 010001.pac and replace it. Nothin much else required except putting the stage in pf/stage/adventure/

EDIT:

Also, as an update to my thoughts about those "Event ID's". They actually are ID's of some form, and i've succeeded in changing and triggering multiple events (from buttons for now). It seems that almost every file i've come accross so far has "Slots" where these ID's can be placed, and if they aren't used they are just left null. For people who don't get how huge that is, just think that we can now officially place things in a world, and have events be triggered from nearly anything. (a huge part of designing a level) Smiley
    « Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:28:29 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »

Can't wait until we can apply SSE elements to stages.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:32 AM »

Applying them to stages may not be too far off, however as much as i would love to try it there's quite frankly nobody to teach me how to do module stuff. I know a bit, enough to do a few things. But i don't know the basis of ASM. So sadly i wouldn't be of any help. The only ones who could even do anything remotely close to what would be necessary are PW, Dant, and Pikazz. I'd love to learn, however there just isn't any documentation available even on the wiki.

Aside from learning the general structure of the modules, it would require me to actually learn all about ASM, and then in particular the opcodes for PPC.

However, I can safely say that using these files may definitely be possible. Since the 1 module (sora_adv_stage.rel) governs the loading and reading of these files, it may only be a case of importing the required methods into a stage's module. (wishful thinking) the other method, hopefully not necessary, would be importing the methods into the actual sora_melee.rel

Sammi if you can get me 5-10 different GFG1 files of different sizes ill try to figure it out.

Dant, i was wondering if there is any way besides these forums i would be able to get in contact with you? skype perhaps? PM me or add me on skype if so. Skype name is sammi-husky.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »

Applying them to stages may not be too far off, however as much as i would love to try it there's quite frankly nobody to teach me how to do module stuff. I know a bit, enough to do a few things. But i don't know the basis of ASM. So sadly i wouldn't be of any help. The only ones who could even do anything remotely close to what would be necessary are PW, Dant, and Pikazz. I'd love to learn, however there just isn't any documentation available even on the wiki.

Aside from learning the general structure of the modules, it would require me to actually learn all about ASM, and then in particular the opcodes for PPC.

However, I can safely say that using these files may definitely be possible. Since the 1 module (sora_adv_stage.rel) governs the loading and reading of these files, it may only be a case of importing the required methods into a stage's module. (wishful thinking) the other method, hopefully not necessary, would be importing the methods into the actual sora_melee.rel

Dant, i was wondering if there is any way besides these forums i would be able to get in contact with you? skype perhaps? PM me or add me on skype if so. Skype name is sammi-husky.
    can try to teach you that I know, but Dant and PW would be the one that teach it out. I still have stuff to learn!

I also wonder if I could add you Dant!
    and can I add you Sammi Husky? :3

Stupid Tinypic :C

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:27 AM »

Alrighty, I think this is some really note-worthy stuff right here. How exactly would you change stage collisions? I think I could make Models and import them to change stage layouts.
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:09:40 AM by MegaGEN50 » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: July 07, 2014, 02:42:35 AM »

Changing collisions for SSE stages is still the same process as changing the collisions of another stage in brawl. You'll have to use the collision editor.

On another note, i added more stuff to the GMTA (stage hitboxes). In specific, the model index, hitbox effect, and hitbox sfx

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: