Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help with Brawl Ex/Brawl Minus  (Read 2169 times)
arnypalmy
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »

So admittedly, I don't really know what I'm doing as far as hacking goes.

I know a little bit because I've gotten Brawl Minus and Project M to work in the past, and I've generally figured out how to add stuff that I wanted in.

I'm trying out the new Brawl Minus, which uses Brawl Ex, and I want to add in some characters in the extra slots. I'm having a lot of trouble doing that; I grabbed some of the BrawlEx files and their respective Fighter files from a Pack on this website and I slightly edited the GCT code to account for the new characters. But when I go into the game and into the CSS, the nine new characters are all Pichu, and if you move towards them the game freezes.

In general, I find the whole premise of adding new characters with Brawl Ex confusing. I understood overwriting existing characters easily enough in previous hacks, but this is beyond my understanding. I did watch the tutorial of a guy adding in a character to brawl minus, but it was for an older version of minus which didn't use Ex originally, and he only added in one character, and it was a clone (of Lucario) as opposed to a new character.

Any chance someone could possibly help point me in the right direction?

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:02:57 AM »

All the new characters are clones though...

Have you set the hooktype to AXNextFrame? (Or whatever the hell it's called, should be along the lines of that)

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

arnypalmy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:51:06 AM »

Yeah its set to AXNextFrame, and the game loads as minus and gets to the character select screen. But once there, there's nine pichu's on the menu (instead of nine new characters) and if you get close to them the game freezes. I just realized that Minus doesn't use a CSSRoster.dat, so I'm going to try adding that in and see what happens.

Post Merge: May 08, 2014, 04:42:50 AM
    Putting the CSSRoster.dat (which minus doesn't seem to use) in the BrawlEx folder somehow caused no characters to appear in the CSS.
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:42:50 AM by arnypalmy » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: