AlGeorgeRomo: Melee Remastered Characters (UPDATE: January 25, 2016)

Started by Eiji_Ar, April 30, 2014, 10:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Facebook Page
Send me a Message
YouTube Channel
Tutorial to make custom Trophies
Tutorial to make custom CSPs and BPs
Character Renders

Requests are gone. But... (January 25, 2016)

I'm going to college, so I'm a pretty busy person. It's hard to find any free time to work on requested costumes, especially vertex ones. I made the tough decision of disabling requests altogether. I know I barely started taking them a few months ago, but it's difficult to keep up with requests, and they take a long time to finish. On top of that, they are kind of destructive for me. I won't sleep just to finish a model.

HOWEVER... instead of flat-out not working on models anymore, I thought of an alternative. Because I enjoy working on 3D models. It really helps me improve my skills, and it's a lot of fun. I am now going to take SUGGESTIONS. You can tell me a costume/model you'd like to see, and if I find it interesting, I'll work on it. Simple enough. Again, these are suggestions, so that means I won't do every single thing you post. This will allow me to do stuff you guys want, and work in a less-pressure schedule.

This won't affect Super Smash Bros. Melee - Remastered. I will continue to work on the project.

One more thing. I still have pending requests. I'll also finish those, but they may not be the first things I release.

Suggestion Guidelines

Below you'll find the suggestion guidelines. They're not as strict as Requests guidelines, so you'll have more freedom. Remember, these are suggestions. I may or may not make the costume you want.
Post your suggestion to my Facebook Page Wall or send me a private message in Brawl Vault. Please don't post requests on this thread or on my YouTube channel. It makes it hard for me to keep track.

*Note: All Costumes will be made in Melee Remastered Style, using my CSP poses

Suggest a costume!

+ Must be possible for the character to have such costume
   - Captain Falcon - Little Wyvern Costume ✓
   - Donkey Kong - King Kong Costume ✓
   - Squirtle - Koopa Costume ✓
   - Charizard - Goomba Costume X
   - Fox - Shrek Costume X
   - Sheik - Spider Man Costume X

+ You must be specific
   - If you want a costume based on a specific version of a character/thing, send me a picture of that
   - If you want details (pattern color and size, tone, etc.), mention them
   - Say if you want it for Brawl or Project M, and say what slot it should go on

+ I can do texture edits to models made by other people

VERTEX GUIDELINES

+ Acceptable examples
   - Mario - Tuxedo ✓
   - Toon Link - Mirror Shield and Gauntlets ✓
   - Roy - Eliwood Costume ✓
   - Zelda - Glamour Dress ✓
   - Wario - Policeman Outfit ✓

+ You must be specific
   - If you want a costume based on a specific version of a character/thing, send me a picture of that
   - If you want details (pattern color and size, tone, etc.), mention them
   - Say if you want it for Brawl or Project M, and say what slot it should go on

+ I can do vertex edits to models made by other people

SSBMR 2.5 Trailer (December 15, 2015)
http://youtu.be/_GrM3Sm45YM

SSBMR 2.1 Trailer (August 6, 2015)
http://youtu.be/eRZ-ak4hoW8

SSBMR 2.0 Trailer (July 15, 2015)
http://youtu.be/eMA_naR6EEE

First  :kdance:

Keep up the good work  ;)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

wow. normally the "Melee" texture hacks are really bad. but man. these are good. nice job.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

These textures are actually...not bad at all. In fact, i like them alot. Keep up the great work.

Melee, being my favorite Smash Bros thus far, is being greatly represented in your texture hacks. I look forward to more of your work.  :af2:


I'm not a big fan of having Melee textures poured on other characters, but the way you do it is sooooo much better! Keep up the good work man. I really like the Melee Donkey Kong, I'm going use it in my Project M game! :D

May 04, 2014, 10:25:25 PM #6 Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:22:58 PM by NinfanNanz
Dude all these textures! they are freaking awesome. And your CSPs really help the Melee feel. keep up the terrific work.

For your melee Mewtwo remastered, I feel like you should accent the team colors a little bit more. They should stand out a little more. However, the texture is still freaking aweome. very accurate of Melee textures and really good CSPs. keep up the awesome work.

I know they lack a bit of color, but that's how they are in Melee. The skin tone is very subtle. If you'd like to see a more colorful version of Mewtwo, check out my previous one.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35931

This one was intended to be Melee Mewtwo, but the colors weren't faithful to the actual textures so I changed the name to "Modern Mewtwo."

May 11, 2014, 08:51:41 PM #9 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:52:38 PM by NinfanNanz
Quote from: AlGeorgeRomo on May 11, 2014, 04:21:30 PM
I know they lack a bit of color, but that's how they are in Melee. The skin tone is very subtle. If you'd like to see a more colorful version of Mewtwo, check out my previous one.
I thought you were going to say that. I like you're melee ones more though so ill stick to those, although both look amazing.

Quote from: AlGeorgeRomo on May 11, 2014, 04:21:30 PM
This one was intended to be Melee Mewtwo, but the colors weren't faithful to the actual textures so I changed the name to "Modern Mewtwo."
neither were the melee CSPs. seriously they were supposed to be super accented.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have an idea. In my Melee Fox, I added 2 sets of CSPs: One where Fox has his mouth open, and another where his mouth is closed (I personally prefer the latter.)

I could do this with Mewtwo and add a second pack of Melee CSPs with more accented colors to satisfy preferences.

The reason my previous Mewtwo (and pretty much all my previous hacks) was more colorful was because I based the recolors off the Melee CSPs, not the actual textures. For example, in Melee, the CSP for Ness looks much brighter and colorful than the in-game model. The same for Mewtwo.

Anyway, I'll fix the CSPs right now. Expect them within 2 hours. I won't re-upload it as a separate hack, but I will change the download folder itself. Just re-download later :)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203700

May 11, 2014, 09:44:12 PM #11 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:10:41 PM by NinfanNanz
XD. I was talking about the Melee CSPs in reference to the actual Melee model.  The skin was supposed to be super accented, but it was subtle. Your CSPs were awesome.  But your idea is brilliant. I am fairly certain that it should satisfy everyone's preferences.  Dude, you are awesome. You need an award for being awesome. Can't wait for the rest of your textures.    ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
 

Could you please make a yellow Link color like the one he has in vBrawl? I don't want to use both black colors. (Not that I don't like them, I just don't like it when characters have two of the same color)

Sure! Expect it within an hour and a half. I'll send you a private message when it's ready.

May 12, 2014, 02:51:36 AM #14 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:59:32 AM by NinfanNanz
If you don't mind me asking, could we do our own re-textures of your stuff? I don't want to put more work on you for something that I could do and they are really easy to work with. Just asking for permission.