BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

test set it as cull_inside since it can be one of those polygons that is already modeled inverted so if you invert the invert you will get it as normal o:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on February 12, 2015, 10:45:04 PM
test set it as cull_inside since it can be one of those polygons that is already modeled inverted so if you invert the invert you will get it as normal o:

no dude, always that i use the brawlbox versions with optimize mode i get a black model like that, if i turn the cull mode then the outline on head will not work, becouse is the same material for all outline polygons, idk what can be

February 12, 2015, 11:44:31 PM #512 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:46:49 PM by Chibiyima
Ok, that'll be great.

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 11:46:49 PM

Is
Quote from: uyjulian on February 12, 2015, 09:18:55 AM
you don't have .net installed.

Is .Net a program?
I love to singa
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
I love to singa
About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?


"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 12, 2015, 11:44:31 PM
Ok, that'll be great.

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 11:46:49 PM

Is
Is .Net a program?
http://www.microsoft.com/net
or you can install it through Windows Update

Quote from: Nasca Corp on February 12, 2015, 10:36:18 PM
Dimenssions are ok, all 256 x 256, i ve made 2 models, one without outline using BBx 67b and works good on game, this one was made with outline on bb 73b but looks like that in game, the material for the outline are on "cull outside" thats the reason just the head looks good, if i made this on 67b goods looks on game, but there is a lot of lag, and i want to optimize it with this version, here is the pcs if anyone can see it, but i ve see all and all seems in order. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uzumw6lzgdvx9g/FitLucas03.pcs

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 10:39:28 PM

on brawlbox 0.73b, yeah i not replace any material and just in shader 0 i put the textureref0 on True

It doesn't seem like a material issue actually, it does seem like an issue with culling. It's like the head outline is culled one way and the rest is culled the other. I'm not talking about material culling, I'm talking about the actual object's facepoint order per face.

The weird part is that a problem like that would display in BrawlBox. You're gonna have to test it by making a copy of the outline material PER object. Don't assign all the objects to one material. Then try changing the culling on each separate material. Another thing you can try to do is reoptimize the object and check "Force CCW".

Also, you don't need UVs, colors or normals on any of those outline objects, nor a texture. Set the outline material's Light Channel 1 material color to black, change the material color source to register, and remove the texture reference. I think Brawlbox allows you to delete the UV and color references from the object. If not, I'll see if I can make sure it's working for the next release. I'll also add support for deleting the normal reference.

I took a look at the model but I didn't see anything wrong right off the bat and I don't have time to test any changes atm, so it's up to you or somebody else to fix it.

February 13, 2015, 12:39:23 AM #515 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:21:17 PM by Nasca Corp
Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 13, 2015, 12:18:30 AM
It doesn't seem like a material issue actually, it does seem like an issue with culling. It's like the head outline is culled one way and the rest is culled the other. I'm not talking about material culling, I'm talking about the actual object's facepoint order per face.

The weird part is that a problem like that would display in BrawlBox. You're gonna have to test it by making a copy of the outline material PER object. Don't assign all the objects to one material. Then try changing the culling on each separate material. Another thing you can try to do is reoptimize the object and check "Force CCW".

Also, you don't need UVs, colors or normals on any of those outline objects, nor a texture. Set the outline material's Light Channel 1 material color to black, change the material color source to register, and remove the texture reference. I think Brawlbox allows you to delete the UV and color references from the object. If not, I'll see if I can make sure it's working for the next release. I'll also add support for deleting the normal reference.

I took a look at the model but I didn't see anything wrong right off the bat and I don't have time to test any changes atm, so it's up to you or somebody else to fix it.

ITS strange, but on every model that i import on the newest version of brawl box i get a totally black model in game(any model witouth outline), even if i replace the shader, maybe i dont have settings good, or i m texturizing on 3dmax bad, but im apliyng the same textures.

this are mmy settings





_____________________________________________________________________________________________


I ve fix it :)  http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73105.0

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 12, 2015, 06:53:46 AM
When I try to open Brawlbox, the message says "Brawlbox is not a valid win32 application". Is there a 32-bit version of Brawlbox in there?
Eh?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nasca Corp on February 13, 2015, 12:39:23 AMI ve fix it :)  http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73105.0
nice work

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 14, 2015, 02:09:38 AM
Eh?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dat x64 based processor though.

Anyway, I just didn't realize that the Release build settings weren't set to AnyCPU with "Prefer 32 bit" set to true.

BrawlLib, however, still uses framework 4.0 so that it's still supported on XP (even though BrawlBox isn't). Because of that, I can't check "Prefer 32-bit", and I'm not sure if that will affect anything. We'll see how it goes when it's released.

Quote from: uyjulian on February 12, 2015, 11:55:21 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/net
or you can install it through Windows Update

I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.
I love to singa
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
I love to singa
About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?


"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 15, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.
Time to upgrade your OS... or use Linux.

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 15, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.

Oh, you should've mentioned your OS. Microsoft dropped support for XP, and in order to implement the new updater we had to as well. You need to upgrade.

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 15, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.
Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 15, 2015, 11:18:22 PM
Oh, you should've mentioned your OS. Microsoft dropped support for XP, and in order to implement the new updater we had to as well. You need to upgrade.
this ^

either upgrade to Vista, 7, or 8/8.1.. those r still supported by Microsoft.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 15, 2015, 11:18:22 PM
Oh, you should've mentioned your OS. Microsoft dropped support for XP, and in order to implement the new updater we had to as well. You need to upgrade.

I can't. It'll delete all my stuff once I upgrade my computer!
I love to singa
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
I love to singa
About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?


"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure

Quote from: Chibiyima on February 16, 2015, 05:00:41 AM
I can't. It'll delete all my stuff once I upgrade my computer!
ummm thats only if u install a new version of windows... if u pick "upgrade", u'll keep all of ur files and it'll all be moved into a folder called "windows.old" in ur C drive.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

February 16, 2015, 05:27:06 AM #524 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:34:34 AM by Chibiyima
I'll try!

Post Merge: February 16, 2015, 05:34:34 AM

Quote from: DSX8 on February 16, 2015, 05:03:52 AM
ummm thats only if u install a new version of windows... if u pick "upgrade", u'll keep all of ur files and it'll all be moved into a folder called "windows.old" in ur C drive.

I may try, but look here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-from-windows-vista-xp-tutorial
I love to singa
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
I love to singa
About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?


"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure