Project M Codes

Started by SmashKing64, May 06, 2014, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nαno on May 06, 2014, 10:35:35 PM
When did Dant call anyone an idiot?

Stop making [censored] up.

He's not, Nano. The previous posts that have SB all fired up have been deleted (I think), that and -not gonna lie- incompetence is often equated with the word idiot by a lot of people.

Still doesn't make him being antagonistic okay by any stretch, him getting in Dant's face isn't going to do anything productive and he should know that.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

May 06, 2014, 11:11:40 PM #46 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:15:04 PM by Sammi Husky
SonicBrawler i don't think Dant was trying to imply anything by asking what you can do. I think you being fired up is causing you to take things the wrong way at the moment. I would really like if this thread could become a productive conversation rather then just a place to call each other out. :(

Also, MasterHand is a Melee moveset viewer similar to PSA without editing capabilities

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 06, 2014, 11:11:40 PM
I would really like if this thread could become a productive conversation rather then just a place to call each other out. :(

probably wont happen.

Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 06, 2014, 11:58:26 PM
probably wont happen.


I really wish it did. I want to talk about the codes already, not becoming a spectator to some argument.  :kdance:

so my question is
what specifically has to be done to get the Lucario OHC to work since i was told in my thread it wont work by itself
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 06, 2014, 11:11:40 PM
Also, MasterHand is a Melee moveset viewer similar to PSA without editing capabilities
As a Brawl modding forum, I can see why that didn't even appear around here.

So...

Well, at least Dantarion said openly he doesn't want to make tutorials for people.

I have tried learning a bit of coding in order to understand what the codes do. I think it was Dantarion himself who linked this?

http://geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=1

However, I think it'd be a lot easier for someone with at least some previous knowledge of programming. Learning to program from the very beggining, without a teacher, by myself, is, at least, discouraging.

Seeing these codes, though, has sparked a curiosity in me.

Memory Extention for FighterXResource2 [Dantarion]
Salty Runback (Hold L+R+Y to rematch instead of result screen) V2 [ds22, Dantarion]

Looking at codes like these I can't help but wonder... how? How do they work, why do they do what they do? What each of these numbers mean to do what they do?

A written explanation of some of these codes would be so great... but then again, people would begin to modify P:M to fit their tastes, so I guess that is never going to happen.


Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 07, 2014, 12:08:12 AM
so my question is
what specifically has to be done to get the Lucario OHC to work since i was told in my thread it wont work by itself
Dude... I don't think Dantarion or anyone who KNOWS the answer to that is going to help you at this point...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


br3compactor, thats definetly the place to get started looking at the codes.

One thing to note is that a TON of the Project M codes are all C2 codes, as injecting into the games assembly and writing ASM is the best way to do things if you can, and is a bit cleaner than doing conditional memory writes, which is how a lot of older codes work.

The memory extention code increases the size of the memory pools used for loading character data. You can use it to bypass the file size limit. However, that code in particular breaks a few modes...I think SSE and Tournament don't work with it on. (I tested in dolphin and it does work in dolphin, but dolphin doesn't have IOS hogging up a chunk of memory)

The Salty Runback code does what it says, just hold..the buttons it says after a match...and it will instarematch instead of going to the result screen. This code is funny because it was made by accident. Oops. Doesn't work on transforming stages, and transforming characters stay transformed.

SonicBrawler, you told me you decoded the GCT. If that wasn't a lie, then how did you know which code was the Lucario OHC one in that thread you made?

I don't know how it works, I'd have to spend time looking at it to figure it out, shanus made that one, M Lucario was designed by him, after all :D

May 07, 2014, 01:37:07 AM #52 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:46:34 AM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: br3compactor on May 07, 2014, 12:11:03 AM

Looking at codes like these I can't help but wonder... how? How do they work, why do they do what they do? What each of these numbers mean to do what they do?


well if your REALLY starting out, watch this http://www.twitch.tv/internetexplorer6/c/1814114

When i was VERY FIRST getting into code creation i watched this, helped me understand ALOT. then the stuff on that page you linked will be alot easier to understand ;)

The C2 codes that Dantarion is talking about is the codetype for asm injections, but before you learn about those you need to brush up on what assembly is, and then start learning ppc asm. If i had any resources to ppc asm stuff i would link ya, but sadly i don't :/

asm is really important in modifying the guts of the game, because just about ANYTHING is possible with enough edits to the asm. The .rel files have an asm section for example which is responsible for about everything the character does and the game does to characters

As an example, here is the actual ASM from part 1/12 of the turbo mode code from SB's thread.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now I remember why I quit Brawl Hacking about two years ago.

Melee hacker here. I began looking at Melee stuff long time ago. Why? Because Melee's stuff is harder to interpret, and I like a challenge. Hacking Melee is just in it's early stages. Right now we have parsed no file entirely except for HPS files (translation: background music), and even then we're a little limited. We wouldn't even have all the fighter data parsed, if Dant hadn't come with the Master Hand. Hacking anything is very tedious for one person, so that's why it's a community. Take me for instance. Other than a project codenamed "Melee Minus" (it's gonna be good), I'm looking into HPS and SSM data (music and SFX). While some of it was parsed a bit by GodF, it can help me to figure out the rest. Not to mention I've started coding some time ago (but that's irrelevant).

tl;dr If you think Brawl Hacking is hard, don't touch Melee's disc.

If we can get as far as the clone engine in Brawl, I think we could achieve anything.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2014, 03:34:25 AM
If we can get as far as the clone engine in Brawl, I think we could achieve anything.
I agree. Can melee produce a clone engine?
Most likely not,

Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2014, 03:34:25 AM
If we can get as far as the clone engine in Brawl, I think we could achieve anything.
Let's make brawl 1080p. i dont mean in dolphin :>_>:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SwingSet on May 07, 2014, 03:56:21 AM
Let's make brawl 1080p. i dont mean in dolphin :>_>:


That would require new hardware, not software, dude. .__. What the Wii can do is tied to it's Graphics card.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 07, 2014, 04:09:58 AM
You know what I would like to see?
Dolphin played on a virtual machine.
coughDOLPHINcough
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I hate seeing arguments like this going on...


I agree that the way the P:M codes were revealed wasn't the right way. I'm still glad to have them out in the open, though. It gives me the chance to take some of the codes and use them in Brawl+.



Quote from: Dantarion on May 06, 2014, 09:28:57 PM
I guess I'll post my module editor today. And we will see what people do with it. My guess is that nothing will be done, even though my module editor supports features that PW lacks. In fact, I don't see anyone doing much module editing (Outside of PW+PMBR).

https://code.google.com/p/meleetools/
https://code.google.com/p/brawldev/
https://code.google.com/p/opensa3/
Quote from: br3compactor on May 07, 2014, 12:11:03 AM
I think it was Dantarion himself who linked this?

http://geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=1
Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 07, 2014, 01:37:07 AM
well if your REALLY starting out, watch this http://www.twitch.tv/internetexplorer6/c/1814114
Thank you guys for the links. I truly appreciate these, and I hope others do too.
With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
(I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.