Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porting Project?  (Read 3584 times)
kanjaroo
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »

It's been a while since BrawlEX came out. I hoped by now (the summer) I could play my awesome Geno in Project M with my friends. Alas, no Geno for me bcuz my best friend only plays R.O.B. Sad I've just been sticking to my Deadpool, Wisp, and Cloud clones. It sucks that some of the best PSA's can't be cloned yet. I know waiting for a compatible .rel will make it so ALL PSA's for that character can be made into clones. However, there's only so many balanced, unique, and suitable for Project M PSA's that I would want to include in my version. Geno, Skull Kid, Emerl, Crash Bandicoot, and more.

I think it'd be of awesome benefit to all of us if we got some of these characters working with what we have. To me, it doesn't make sense for BrawlEX to have been in such a long lasting stand-still without us being able to play some of the vault's best characters. If anyone's interested in helping start a project for porting these gems of the vault to BrawlEX compatible characters, that would be amazing. Obviously, these character designs would need a bit of reconstructing, but I THINK with a team working on each one individually, these awesome additions would be no longer out of reach.

I'm speaking primarily to spark discussion and, hopefully, interest. Personally, most of my PSA making skills are from 2010 cuz that's around the time I stopped caring for Brawl lol. I wouldn't make for the best leader in this project, should it take place. Someone else could take that title. Anyway, responses???

kanjaroo
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:53:20 PM »

Also, if no one's interested in porting a psa to be BrawlEX compatible, we could always port the original character to be BrawlEx compatible and then replace the original whilst adding in a clone.

Example:

If someone ported R.O.B. over Marth, I could just replace R.O.B. with Geno and then make a R.O.B. clone using said R.O.B. over Marth.

I'm seeing a lot of BrawlEx packs with 100+ characters but to me and my friends that stuff just isn't worth it. The miscellaneous PSA's are either glitchy with Project M, or just way too overpowered. Plus, with 4 sub-par PSA's fighting with the clone engine and Project M mechanics- the game is bound to freeze eventually (trust me I've tried). Sooo, that's another reason to invest time in a project such as this.

I have a feeling people don't really understand what I'm going for so here's this:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=5eba576818&view=fimg&th=146317d4174d84ed&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-VD1DLkgIvtSBgj8HqkurJijGXQBBYvPxdqc3JA9bpSOJ6rn-RnDn8n8EZXevAP_3v9sVWop9QiyZP0BttjgxdMBWlGdNJ4kIgisHO2K7gk7piLdpiqENQ7gE&ats=1400989641655&rm=146317d4174d84ed&zw&sz=w1281-h532
It's an old picture from a month or so ago when SmashKing64 was about to release the Project M Unbound beta, but the idea behind my motivation should be pretty clear. When I got the beta, I modded it to my liking. It's like Project M Unbound, just not with only Nintendo characters. I just want a Project M that utilizes the best balanced and unique PSA's of the vault to add on to it in the best way the Project M devs legally can't.

Master-GM
Advanced Kitten

I am the spirit warrior. I am Sen-Mithrarin.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »

This Fall, me, my buddies and some PMBR members will be coming out with a project that includes custom-made Project M PSAs on ProjectEX. Don't worry though, it isn't Project M with Brawl hacks slapped on top. Wanna be a play-tester? Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:59:42 PM by Master-GM » Logged

Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

kanjaroo
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:23:05 AM »

This Fall, me, my buddies and some PMBR members will be coming out with a project that includes custom-made Project M PSAs on ProjectEX. Don't worry though, it isn't Project M with Brawl hacks slapped on top. Wanna be a play-tester? Wink

I'd LOVE to. I'd also help in whatever ways I can, if you're willing to let me be that involved. I do a lot of editing and perfecting to the CSS files for my ProjectEX (kind of an ocd thing to make it perfect lol) and u can see a bit of it in that picture in my last post. I'll explain how I could help with that cosmetic stuff in pm. For the most part though, I'd love to get this out. Even with Smash Bros Wii U coming out soon, I still wanna make Brawl into a fair fan-made Mugen. U can pm me any details. I'll be sure to give the best feedback possible- and fast too! Wink

Master-GM
Advanced Kitten

I am the spirit warrior. I am Sen-Mithrarin.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »

I'd LOVE to. I'd also help in whatever ways I can, if you're willing to let me be that involved. I do a lot of editing and perfecting to the CSS files for my ProjectEX (kind of an ocd thing to make it perfect lol) and u can see a bit of it in that picture in my last post. I'll explain how I could help with that cosmetic stuff in pm. For the most part though, I'd love to get this out. Even with Smash Bros Wii U coming out soon, I still wanna make Brawl into a fair fan-made Mugen. U can pm me any details. I'll be sure to give the best feedback possible- and fast too! Wink

Sweet! I do need someone to do the CSS. Welcome to the team!

Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: