Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super Smash Flash 2 Mod for Brawl?  (Read 8169 times)
SUPAHSAWNIK99
Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »

I'm surprised no one has done this yet, but: What if some one ported the popular Super Smash Flash 2 over as a mod for Brawl? Each update could have the new version of SSF2's new characters/features. Would anyone like to contribute anything as far as characters, costumes, Movesets, etc.? Thanks in advance!!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Doq
Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:04:57 PM »

I swear I've seen this like three times.

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »

Well then, why dosen't somebody do it? That'd be  awesome to play SSF2 on my Wii instead of my PC.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »

To put it REALLY nicely... it's a stupid idea and I don't see the point of getting a knockoff fangame and its content as a mod for Brawl.

Seperate singular releases I suppose are okay, but making a compilation? No.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

SuperSandbag
    Intermediate Kitten

I should probably get back to work... nah.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:22:34 PM »

Blech, everybody's so negative.

Although I would absolutely love to see Black Mage converted for Brawl, I don't think it's possible to make a complete 1:1 remake of SSF2 for Brawl, at least not with the abilities we have right now. There are several mechanics of SSF2 that just won't work for Brawl. For example, Mega Man has too many projectiles, fairly bizarre ones at that, that would take a lot of patience and knowledge of Brawl's system to even begin working on all of them, and likely a few that just wouldn't work out. I'm not even sure if MM's Down Special can even be replicated properly, as I have yet to see a mechanic that works in the same way with any character I've played.

Similarly, some characters just have too many extra items in their moveset to be able to be properly converted to a 3D model. It's one of the reasons why there isn't really a good Villager mod yet. Luckily enough, this can be avoided by simply using the sprites for the characters, such as was done with 2D Marisa, but again, I have yet to see another mod quite like it. And another problem with that is that very few, if none, of the characters in SSF2 have had their sprite sheets released yet. The characters would need to be re-made by hand to get the proper sprites.

And to give LC-DDM some credit here, a bunch of SSF2 mods that essentially are pirating the game aren't exactly something I'd go around making a big compilation of. Remember, SSF2 is still very much working-in-progress, and by the time the next demo comes out, pretty much everything will be outdated. The fact alone that characters and stages are getting new sprites all the time is really a setback for any well-timed mods.

However, there are ways of playing SSF2 on the big screen with a controller so it feels like you're playing on a console, if that helps.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: