Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: The New Project Mirage Recolor Thread!  (Read 79529 times)
Junior64570
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: October 27, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

Okay, I love having more options. Smiley
    So, just brighten up the white? Got that, working on it now...

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: October 27, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »

Try not to get too alt-happy. I'm not the best guy to ask this stuff (not good at making costumes for projects like this) but the way Toon Link's recolours are, it's always colour + lighter colour for the sleeves. My suggestion would be to do a purple tunic + hat and have the sleeves be a lighter version of the same colour.

And a note on the stocks, they don't need to be 100% accurate, they should be readable as the colour slot's stock. In this case the costume is a purple costume, so making the hat purple would make most sense.
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:59:32 PM by Taiko » Logged

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: October 27, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »

My suggestion would be to do a purple tunic + hat and have the sleeves be a lighter version of the same colour.

^^^^
    Project M already has that kind of costume. right---------------here

not sure what other kind of ideas can come from that description and still be original without just bein the same as the default brawl purple. What I would take from it is have the sleeves be purple, and the hat + tunic be a darker version of that purple. Is that what you meant?

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: October 27, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »

That's why I said I'm not too great with projects like these that apply a universal colour scheme to every character. I tend to go more "default style" and think of palettes that work for the character specifically.

You can have the darker purple he already has, with sleeves close to white with some purple? Or take inspiration from Manga Shadow Link.

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »

Well, I'm done with it now-
    Also my purple darker than brawl's, to keep it like Mirage's style; I knew Toon Link already had purple, so I kept it original. See?
    Here's Mirage Toon Link v2:

Here's the alt: (*All I did was swap the colors)

Here's vBrawl's:

(Just need to get ingame pictures, then I'm done)
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:56:24 PM by Junior64570 » Logged

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: October 28, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »

I tend to go more "default style" and think of palettes that work for the character specifically.

that's a really good skill to have, since character's like snake, ROB, olimar, and ICs, have something close to that.

Speaking of whom:

while I like this color scheme, I would rather base him on the purple gamecube. any ideas?

Edit: upon first glance, I should probably shift the colors towards blue slightly and tone down the saturation....

Here's Mirage Toon Link v2:

(Just need to get ingame pictures, then I'm done)

I like them both, and now I can't decide which one I want  Im srs here

I'm okay wtih the release, but taiko and xeno are very important members of this project and they might disagree with me. (making xeno happy is kinda hard, which is great.)
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:21:36 AM by PK-Thunder » Logged

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2014, 12:16:42 PM »

Oh... so I can release him? Or should I wait? (I got ingame pictures)
    Also...

Yoshi's in! Grin

Tell me if there's anything I need to do to him. Already got ingame pictures, and CSPs. Here's the gallery:
    http://imgur.com/a/u3bPg#0

One more thing-
    The Toon Link on the left (*Black tunic/hat, purple shirt) is the original,
    and the one on the right is an alternative.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: October 28, 2014, 02:18:14 PM »

I think you should wait to release it.
    I really wish Xenozoa425 checked this thread, but alas, he is busy with the smash 3 project.
    Taiko, second thoughts?

as for yoshi: he's too blue. shift his main color towards purple, but not by much. Change the color of the saddle and shoes. I could be wrong, but I believe that he's under-saturated atm.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »

Xeno's been busy with real life, so I don't expect him to drop by soon. I'll mention again that my suggestions will be for purple costumes, not for mirage, so you guys may disagree.

Toon Link:
    First, I'm going to say that I don't think you need an alt version. The original UTCP made the mistake of alt versions too, that shouldn't repeat here.
    Use the current "alt" with the purple tunic as the main, and change the sleeves to a lighter, more desaturated version of the purple, like the pants on it. Next, change the pants back to beige, sine the only ones that change colour are a very specific reference to something.
    That's all I'd suggest for Toon Link.

ROB:
    Do not do Gamecube ROB. I made that mistake before. It just does not lend well to ROB's design. I'd say what you have right now is pretty good, possibly try lightening the purple up and desaturate it, though. vBrawl's blue should be a good reference of how to divide up the colours.

Yoshi: In addition to what was already said, change the belly back to white. Yoshi's belly does not change. The shoe soles don't either, so change those back as well. The shoe's main colour I feel should be switched back to default's shoes as well, as that's what the "official" purple Yoshi has, it'll help the texture feel much more official that way.

This should help with the body hue (under green Yoshi):
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:35:28 PM by Taiko » Logged

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »

What's UTCP? (Pretty sure it's Ultimate Team Color Project, with the original Mars Minty and Maritime)

For thoughts on Yoshi, Project M already has Purple Yoshi. So if I make his body hue to that yoshi on the poster, it'll look just like regular Purple Yoshi, and not Mirage. As for the boots, saddle, and belly, that should be pretty easy, and I agree with you there.
    It's a good thing I kept my XCF files, that means I can make changes easily. Smiley

And Toon Link, I personally like the Black one better, but oh well. I can change the pants back to beige, but since that one was originally the alternate, I swapped the colors around perfectly, that's why they're purple. But since it's no longer the alt, I guess I'll put them back. Maybe tomorrow though, because I'm busy with Project: Super Smash 4. So, yeah. Diddy Kong's the next one unclaimed, so I'll do him tomorrow as well.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: October 28, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »

Project M's Yoshi has pink shoes, while the proposed Yoshi would have normal shoes. It's like this in Smash 4 as well, so it'd be different while still being consistent with the project's goals.
    Also, Project M's Yoshi is actually more towards blue, so a slight shift to be more towards pink should be different enough I think.

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »

Oh, okay. Smiley
    Thanks!

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: October 29, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »

I'll mention again that my suggestions will be for purple costumes, not for mirage, so you guys may disagree.

Toon Link:
    Use the current "alt" with the purple tunic as the main, and change the sleeves to a lighter, more desaturated version of the purple, like the pants on it. Next, change the pants back to beige, sine the only ones that change colour are a very specific reference to something.
    That's all I'd suggest for Toon Link.

TAIKO, NOOOOO!!! You're breakin meh heart!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry
    That would make tink a modified vBrawl.           Cry Cry Cry Cry
    I disagree with that, but I don't want to disregard it. Whichever is whatever, I guess.

I will say this though: do what Taiko suggests, but keep the "alt". I like it too much.

ROB:
    Do not do Gamecube ROB. I made that mistake before. It just does not lend well to ROB's design. I'd say what you have right now is pretty good, possibly try lightening the purple up and desaturate it, though. vBrawl's blue should be a good reference of how to divide up the colours.

Okay, I'll get right on on that.

I'm glad this has picked up again. If it hadn't, I was legitimately gonna do the remaining characters myself.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »

Is that not what a recolour is, a modified costume? I don't think you guys should try to stray from character designs for the sake of change, but that's me. Besides, it would be different because of the shade and hue of the purple, not to mention the sleeves would be different but still fit Toon Link. If not lighter, try a desaturated purple? I'm not sure what else to do to keep it from straying too far, but that's my eyes.

If my opinions are no longer needed, that's fine too.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:46:26 PM by Taiko » Logged

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: October 29, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »

I respect you taiko. I respect you a lot.
    I apologize if I came across as immature.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
    Print
    Jump to: