Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kirby Hats with BrawlEx  (Read 3086 times)
cucco002
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:32:48 AM »

Hello

I have been searching for information in this topic for a while, but I failed to find barely anything (maybe I am just bad at searching). Anyway, I want to ask for some help, I want to have Roy and Mewtwo in my game, i used BrawlEx and I was able to get both characters working pretty well in my game, but its not complete, I want to add, if possible, Kirby "hats" or however it its called for both. I already got the files for this (I think), but cant seem to get it to work.

Without the files, Kirby stays normal when trying to absorb their power. I used the BrawlEx Config Utility so they can have their powers copied by Kirby, they still seem to work, when I select Kirby it goes into a "soft" crash (I can use the home menu, I can turn off my Wii normally, etc), my guess is that the game cant find the necessary files.

I tried to use the vBrawl files for the cloned character and changing the name to the character I am using, but this time my game froze.

Sorry, I am aware that my post isn't great, but I hope someone can help me to understand how I can get Kirby abilities to work with the cloned characters.

I thank you in advance for reading this topic, I appreciate any kind of help.

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:35:20 AM »

Unfortunately, so far this is impossible.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

cucco002
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »

Unfortunately, so far this is impossible.

Thank you for replying to my question, Kitsu-chan!

I see, I readed something like that somewhere, but I wasn't sure if it was right or if it was up to date. Oh well, I guess that make my work easier, its not like it was that important I suppose, but it would have been great.

I was hoping it could be done mainly because of project M, I haven't played project M in a while, and I am not even sure if its true, but I think you cant copy Mewtwo and Marth with Kirby, am I wrong? I know the code used for project M isn't exactly public knowledge, but anyone knows how do they that?

One more question, as usual, my Mewtwo and Roy are clones from Lucario and Roy respectively, maybe I cant add Kirby transformations, but can you make it transform into other Kirby in the game? for example, if Kirby absorbs Roy, it turns into Marth Kirby, or something like that.

Thanks!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »

Don't exactly know the whole deal with BrawlEx and Kirby hats, but...

Yes, Project M makes Mewtwo and Roy copyable, although I'm not exactly too sure how... I know it has something to do with using the forbidden 7 fighter slots, but aside from that I got nothing.

I think someone tried something like that, but I haven't seen any progress on it recently, so I assume it didn't work.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

cucco002
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »

Ok, I understand, I was afraid it would be like that, oh well, not big deal I guess

thank you for replying again!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »

Wouldn't there be animation files or programming or something for the animations for Kirby hats? In which case, it would be a pain to do, but still possible?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »

Wouldn't there be animation files or programming or something for the animations for Kirby hats? In which case, it would be a pain to do, but still possible?
    Far as I can tell, you'd need to do heavy .rel editing to actually enable Kirby hats for different characters. But, seeing as P:M managed it, it is of course possible.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: