Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl Mods of Wario keep freezing  (Read 2386 times)
Smashball2011
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 19, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »

I'm working on a Brawl mod and making my own custom character texture mods, and before and after I added in mods of him, the mod kept freezing on me with Wario. the first time was with a Mod that was on the Brawl Vault. I was testing out a match on the Warioware stage and in the middle, the Wii froze on me.

The 2nd time was with the mod of Wario i made myself. I paused the game to get a good look of the mods I've done, and when I wanted to go back to the CSS, it froze on me. Either this was because of Wario, or because I pressed L-R-Start by accident instead of L-R-A-Start (yes, I'm using a Gamecube Controller)

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »

Textures shouldn't change that; are you using Gecko or Riivolution? Because there's a bug with Gecko, where it will occasionally "brick" the Wii for literally no reason; when I switched to Riivolution, the bug is no longer there.(That's why I switched)
    *Assuming that this is the problem; if not, please say so Cheesy*

Smashball2011
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »

Textures shouldn't change that; are you using Gecko or Riivolution? Because there's a bug with Gecko, where it will occasionally "brick" the Wii for literally no reason; when I switched to Riivolution, the bug is no longer there.(That's why I switched)
    *Assuming that this is the problem; if not, please say so Cheesy*

Yes, I'm using Gecko OS to load up my Brawl Mods, and didn't know that was the problem.  I don't have Riivolution installed cause I don't wanna risk damaging my Wii or the game's disc.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »

Yes, I'm using Gecko OS to load up my Brawl Mods, and didn't know that was the problem.  I don't have Riivolution installed cause I don't wanna risk damaging my Wii or the game's disc.

Riivolutioin doesn't cause any damage; it even uses a .gct file like Gecko does. Where did you hear that it could damage the disk or the Wii, if all it does is trick the Wii into thinking that its files are on the SD card?(That's the reason why there's the Riivolution snapshot bug, which has a very easy fix.)

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »

Wario use two different bonesets for his costumes: One for normal Wario, and another one for WarioWare Wario. Using a mod with the wrong boneset on a wrong skin, say, for example a mod based off of normal Wario being used over WarioWare Wario, will freeze the game. Try changing which skin your mod(s) are replacing!

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Smashball2011
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »

Wario use two different bonesets for his costumes: One for normal Wario, and another one for WarioWare Wario. Using a mod with the wrong boneset on a wrong skin, say, for example a mod based off of normal Wario being used over WarioWare Wario, will freeze the game. Try changing which skin your mod(s) are replacing!

Maybe that was the problem. I wanted the Overalls Wario to go over Warioware Wario, so I renamed FitWario06 to 00. Thanks for telling me that. Really appreciate the help with it. Smiley

Oh, and about Riivolution damaging the Wii/the Gamedisc, I heard about that as far back  as September 2011, which was when I began going into Brawl Modding.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: