SFX for Brawlex Characters (New packs done)

Started by Gigaeel, August 02, 2014, 11:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 02, 2014, 11:30:17 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:10:39 PM by Gigaeel
So, i've decided it's about time i start working on giving Brawlex Characters the SFX they deserve, and to commemorate the occasion i've released my first (hopefully, of many) SFX Pack.

This time my target was the Shulk PSA by Erico9001. The SFX i replaced were Master Hand's.
Here's the Download to the pack if interested:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205396

All that needs to be done is for you to change the soundbank of your Shulk's Fighter.dat and put the files in the right places, Easy as pie.

New packs finished:

Lucina Over Porky
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205484

Shadow Over Crazy Hand
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205482

Megaman X Over Meta Ridley
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205488

Young Link over Rayquaza
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205553

Lloyd Irving Over Rayquaza
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205554


Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on August 11, 2014, 02:24:23 AM
could you make a BrawlEX version of Lloyd over Wolf?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28390

Interesting. What boss would you prefer his SFX be over? I might give it a shot

Quote from: Gigaeel on August 11, 2014, 09:47:38 AM
Interesting. What boss would you prefer his SFX be over? I might give it a shot
Rayquaza.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on August 11, 2014, 10:40:04 AM
Rayquaza.

Hmm, i'll do it. might be a while because i'm working on other things but i'll do what i can on it

Post Merge: August 11, 2014, 11:05:47 AM

I'm going to have to reaaaaaallly cut corners with lloyd. he's got a lot of sfx and not a lot of places to put them

Post Merge: August 11, 2014, 12:11:43 PM

Finished your Request, link is in the OP

What about Sephiroth?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16571

There's a sawnd file from which you can rip the SFX more easily without converting them in mono (because they're already like that).

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=193717
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I have no interest in doing Sephiroth at the moment. I have no problems with him being silent. Maybe I'll do it one day. Or maybe someone else can get into making SFX for brawlex characters. We need to broaden our options

I'll consider Waluigi and Sephiroth but I'm taking some time off at the moment. Been doing one after another honestly

Post Merge: August 11, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

Forgot to ask what boss' to put the SFX over. I'll need that information. And for Waluigi I'll need some wavs or a Sawnd file to rip wavs from

Quote from: Gigaeel on August 11, 2014, 03:08:15 PM
I'll consider Waluigi and Sephiroth but I'm taking some time off at the moment. Been doing one after another honestly

Post Merge: August 11, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

Forgot to ask what boss' to put the SFX over. I'll need that information. And for Waluigi I'll need some wavs or a Sawnd file to rip wavs from

Sephiroth over Porky.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I just tested your Shadow over Crazy Hand SFX.

I noticed some Sonic SFX are still there.
And Shadow won't have KO sounds unless Sonic is with him.
Sonic's voice is heard when Shadow is KO'd. Also when using the Final Smash.

There are also some other SFX missing in Up B and Final Smash.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hmm, this is the first I'm hearing of this problem. Does this happen only when sonic is in battle with him? That seems to be a common problem when you're using a PSA against the character it's based on.

Quote from: Gigaeel on August 26, 2014, 04:56:21 PM
Hmm, this is the first I'm hearing of this problem. Does this happen only when sonic is in battle with him? That seems to be a common problem when you're using a PSA against the character it's based on.

When either Sonic or a Sonic clone is in battle with Shadow.

Also, I checked your .sawnd file, and there's no Star KO SFX.
But there's one normal KO sound.

I'll try to fix that if you want.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I'd do the sound KO myself if I knew where to edit it in the PSA.

August 27, 2014, 01:58:25 AM #13 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:00:46 AM by Alejandro MiddleCorn
Quote from: Gigaeel on August 26, 2014, 11:15:56 PM
I'd do the sound KO myself if I knew where to edit it in the PSA.

Here's a way, using BrawlBox v0.68:

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 05, 2014, 09:47:02 PM
Edit the following values in the Misc Sound List folder. Here's an image with corresponding colors on what to change.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Damage Cries.
Attack Grunts.
Ottotto Grunt (teetering off a ledge).
Crowd Cheer.
Unused. Likely leftover data from Melee's Damage cries.
Death Cries.
Star KO Cry.
Do not edit.

SFX ID list here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/vkaiuj3ja42rj2n/SFX_ID_List_(NTSC_AND_JPN).txt

BrawlBox reads the SFX IDs as decimal numbers, so you need to transform the hex IDs in decimal first.

EDIT: Forgot to say that PSA cannot edit those SFX IDs, you need BrawlBox v0.68 or below.

Post Merge: August 27, 2014, 02:00:46 AM

But I can help you with that if you want.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hmm, not sure how I can make this work. I've been working at it for a couple hours now. The issue is that I can only pull sfx from Crazy Hand's soundbank. So if I wanted a star KO sound I'd have to find out what section of the PSA is associated with star KO. Would it be "Hoshike"? Because I know Ottotto is ledge teeter. Death sfx are beyond my level of understanding. If you feel like you want to do it, then by all means, do it.