Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blender Importing  (Read 2136 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: June 07, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »

*This tutorial doesn't work and is out-of-date because it's too complicated anyways. I'm going to release a version that WILL work in the future.*

Method 1 assumes that you know the basic controls in Blender; if you do not, feel free to ask me how. Cheesy

Method 1: Follow this tutorial( http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49133.0 ), but with these added steps.(First spoiler)

1) This tutorial is for using polygons to make new meshes, so to do this easier, it would be
              smart to choose a vertex that has a simple shape, so you can easily tell how the dots connect. I have
              examples of good ones(including the MDL0 offsets) to use below in the second spoiler.

2) The tutorial accidentally forgot to say that when you export the vertex from the vertices
              folder, you MUST name it "Vertex.ddf", or else Das Donkey's Vertex Box won't recognize it to convert.

3) When in Blender, after importing the .3ds, do steps 4-9 below.
    Note: For steps 4 and 5, you can use http://www.models-resource.com/ to import the model, instead of BRRES Viewer.
              4) Open up the character.pac that has the vertex you're editing with BRRES Viewer, and
              export the model as a .psk.

5) Import the .psk into Blender, and then delete the parts of the model that aren't the
              vertex you're using, so that you're left with the one vertex that you're editing.

Note: Step 6 is not required, but it greatly reduces time and confusion.
              6)
    Resize the object that isn't dots(the .psk/models-resource.com model) to match the dots
              and position it next to it, with the correct rotation. This allows you to associate the dots with the
              shape much easier.

7) Now comes the part with your custom model or import(If it's a full character, it would
              have to be made up of separate parts, like knees being different objects than feet, etc.) Import your
              custom model into Blender, positioning the model on the other side of the dots(The side that isn't the
              solid polygon; make sure that it's a specific number you can remember away from being directly over the
              dots[Like, for example, if they were identical clones, the second clone would be invisible and then
              transformed, or moved, 10.0 on the X-axis]), and resize it to exactly the proper proportions to the
              vertex you're editing.(For example, if I were to vertex a Bowser statue full-size out of a sphere the size
              of Meta Knight, I would resize it to be a lot larger than the vertex being edited)

8 ) Now comes the tricky part; transform(move) the vertex points to the locations(as exact
              as you can get them) on the new model, while retaining the edges, so that you don't have unplanned
              stretching from vertices or anything(Like if you were to shape a sphere into a cube, you would make
              sure to do it that way)

9) The number you remember in step 7 is for this; move the dots as a whole(without
              changing their positions in relation to each other) back where they originally were by moving them that
              exact number over.(In reverse, so the opposite, i.e. negative becomes positive, positive becomes
              negative)

10) After replacing the MDL0 with the new object, you can go to the objects folder, and
              export the object.(If you have an older BrawlBox, you won't have a preview, so you can figure out
              which polygon it is by previewing the model, and the left panel, expand it, unselect all, then check each
              one to figure out if it's the correct one.)

11) Repeat the previous steps for each object you're making.(Characters would need many,
              and if you run out of vertices for any objects, you may need to use something with a higher number, or
              make multiple objects.)

12) When you're done exporting all the objects you created, you can then open up a
              character and in the objects folder, you can "Replace" each object with yours.(Captain Falcon is one of
              the good characters to do this with, as he has many objects.)

13) The UVs should now be stretched differently after the vertex hack, and if you want to
              replace some textures in a single object, just do it in Paint.
    Smiley
              14) Now save the .pac/.pcs, and you are now done! Grin

This spoiler here is for step 1 inside the first spoiler.

MetaKnight: Polygon4-Shaped like a perfect sphere, has many vertices, but small enough to
              be able to see the shape; MDL0 offset[-165728]

MetaKnight: Polygon5-Shaped kind of like a bat-shaped curved surface, has a medium
              amount of vertices; MDL0 offset[-169536]

MetaKnight: Polygon16-Shaped like a curved surface, has a small number of vertices; MDL0
              offset[-196384]

Toon Link: Polygon1-Shaped like a curved surface, I believe it has many vertices, but small
              enough to be able to see the shape; MDL0 offset[-142368]

Toon Link: Polygon8-Shaped like a curved surface, I believe it has a small number of
              vertices; MDL0 offset[-154592]

Zako Ball: Polygon0-Shaped like a perfect dome, or hemisphere, has many vertices, but small
              enough to be able to see the shape; MDL0 offset[-44736]

Method 2: Iwvi and I are still testing whether or not you can rig in Blender, email it to someone who has 3DS Max(like Iwvi, for example) and then they can just export it from there without having to rig it or anything. If this works, I will tell how by editing it into my main post here. Grin
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:49:03 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: