Giry's models ~ More Woolly Stuff

Started by Taigiry, August 16, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Taigiry on October 02, 2014, 03:55:20 AM
Alright, some personal rambling here...

The SSB 3DS stages are pretty great. I had concerns about them being too gimmicky, but after playing for a bit, I think they are actually well made, there's no stupid crap like Bramble Falls. Magicant looks really pretty in person, I might actually try to make it, but without all the Earthbound/MOTHER 2 references, I feel they are kinda out of place.
Are you referring to the moving platforms and 'built in assist character' aspects of the stage, or the the clips of gameplay that appear periodically in the background? Magicant is actually my favorite new stage in Smash 4, but it is the former that I do not care for, rather than the latter.

Given the circumstances Ninten and (in a sense) Ness visit Magicant, it is not that odd to include flashbacks or 'memories' of the pair's past adventures. Plus, its nice to see Ninten make an appearance in the Smash franchise. I can understand that some might find this distracting, however it is not so in my case.

November 07, 2014, 08:08:51 PM #31 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:10:47 PM by Taigiry
Many thanks to Tabuu for making the original rig of Lip, but I decided to still tweak some stuff. The normals were ,for some reason, inside out, making the shading very weird and the skin was too bright. Also I made a size mod and made the jewels shiny. No release of that version yet, due to it still being a WIP, but I made a video showing the smaller Lip in action:
Video
Also, yay, crappy DVD recorder quality.

Bah, I'm not insulted or butthurt. :)

Also, I've never had normals be that bad before. Odd...

That's good, because that wasn't my intention at all. But the whole shading issues really bothered me, especially the skirt, but that's fixed now.

In other news, I've gone bck to Alice and intend to fully finish her now. It's mostly just making the textures though, model work is done. I'll also continueing working on Lip while doing so.

Will a PSA for Lip be made eventually?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



Haha, that's great. Looking forward to it!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yeah, a PSA is waaay outta my league.

Anyway, some more stuff:
I made Lip's bracelets translucent:


But that's not all, the download will have four different kinds of Lip, one without size mod, one with an one-slot mod and then both of them with and without rim lightning:
Standard
Rim
Comparison

I also managed to get the tristripper working, resulting in much less lag when multiple of her are on the field. Now you might be thinking what's left to do, truthfully, not much. I just have to re-add metal and then do CSS stuff, maybe also some recolors. That's it. Maybe there'll be a download tomorrow, depending on how much stuff I can get done.


You mean the bracelets? Thanks, but it's actually just the material used by the helmet of Olimar's black costume, only recolored.

Anyway, I re-added the metal materials, so now I'm working on the CSS stuff... and it's giving me a small headache with how unorganized Brawl is. You have the stock icons in one folder and the very same icons also in another folder, too, just this time those are used on the stage select screen. Then the very same portrait images are used for both, in battle and the character select, and yet, they are in different locations, too. Then there are all the different fonts the names use and also all the extra stuff, like the series icons... it's just a big mess.

I really have to make a list of where everything is located, just in case.

thats always the long part of installing a character
just remember the CSS name font is times new roman and that the result csps are the same as the CSS csps

Quote from: Gamidame_K on November 09, 2014, 03:27:41 AM
thats always the long part of installing a character
just remember the CSS name font is times new roman and that the result csps are the same as the CSS csps

Wrong-o on the CSS names and stuff.

I have made ones with the correct fonts, if you want them.

Thanks for the offer, but making that stuff isn't the problem, it's finding where everything goes. It such a mess because it's all over the place.

Battle Portraits go on info/portrite,
Results Portrait go on menu/common/char_bust_tex,
CSPs go on menu2/sc_selcharacter

Many other things related to the CSS go on sc_selcharacter as well.
A few things go on info2/info. I don't quite remember which.

There might also be something to change on the SSS too. If that's the case, it's in menu2/sc_selmap
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


November 09, 2014, 10:38:40 PM #44 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:39:36 PM by Taigiry
Yeah, I have a general idea where everything goes, doesn't change the fact that you still have to dig around much inside those files itself.

Anyway, before going to bed, I just uploaded Lip. Here's the link. Will updated the OP tomorrow.