Giry's models ~ More Woolly Stuff

Started by Taigiry, August 16, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 16, 2014, 09:12:02 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:20:40 PM by Taigiry
I kinda started making models  a few months ago... well "making". All I did was taking existing model parts, mostly from Brawl, and rearrange them to make something that remotely looks like whatever I wanted to do. But it was fun, so I continued. My first model was Lip... who I'd rather not show, haha. Old shame and all that. But no one cares about that so without further ado, here it goes.

Also before I forget, I suck at making textures and I can't rig, all I can do is making those models. It sucks, but ah well...

Stages
Popples (Panel de Pon)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

Pencilvania (Balloon Kid)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

The Great Cave Offensive Ω (Kirby Superstar, Smash Bros 4)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

Woolly World Ω (Yoshi's Woolly World, Smash Bros 4)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

Characters
Lip (multiple versions) (Panel de Pon)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

Yarn Yoshi (+ recolors) (Yoshi's Wooly World)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Link

Alice (WIP) (Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I still love that Popples. ;)

And the style for Lip is interesting. I like the child-like vibe it gives off. :)

As for Alice, it really looks accurate.

Digging your stuff, and as a stage hacker and Panel de Pon fan, I'm specially digging the stage. Will Lip's face be textured or modeled?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



So, Lip's nearly done, only thing missing are the flowers and proper textures:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also because I can't figure out how to add a poll (if it's even possible), I'll simply ask this here. I'm thinking about who to do next:

  • Sablé Prince
  • Takamaru
So my question is, who would you wanna see more?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2014, 07:57:41 PM
I still love that Popples. ;)
Yeah, I know, I promised to give you the model for your fangame, but I wanna complete the textures first. On the bright side, you have Saria to keep you occupied, haha. Good luck on her.

Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on August 17, 2014, 08:41:04 PM
Digging your stuff, and as a stage hacker and Panel de Pon fan, I'm specially digging the stage. Will Lip's face be textured or modeled?
Nice to see another PdP fan. Anyway, thanks. As for Lip, the head is using a Neptunia model as a base, so it'll be textured. Also you're a stage hacker? I think then you're the right person to ask, would it e possible to port the fish from Summit to other stages or keep Summit from moving, so that it's stuck at the water section, but with the fish still appearing? Because that might influence my decision on whether to make a Balloon Kid stage model in the futere.

Quote from: Ruktersudsud on August 18, 2014, 04:52:14 AM
Fantastic.You are my idol.Make me for good idea.
He, thanks a lot, but idol is a bit too much I'd say. There are people out there who are far more talented.

For adding a poll, you go to the bottom right of the thread page, there should be options in caps. One of them says "Add Poll". :)




Quote from: Taigiry on August 18, 2014, 05:05:51 PM
Nice to see another PdP fan. Anyway, thanks. As for Lip, the head is using a Neptunia model as a base, so it'll be textured. Also you're a stage hacker? I think then you're the right person to ask, would it e possible to port the fish from Summit to other stages or keep Summit from moving, so that it's stuck at the water section, but with the fish still appearing? Because that might influence my decision on whether to make a Balloon Kid stage model in the futere.

Honestly, I don't know. I believe it would be possible to make it so the stage stays stopped there by editing the STPM data within Summit's file, but I'm not sure if it's possible to get the fish out from the start. Maybe, it'd be possible to use another stages' hitboxes to get the same effect. But really, I don't know. I'm definitely not the best person to discuss STPM because I rarely use its effects on my stages, but if you ask on the help section someone from the community may help you get the effect you need.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Been a while, eh? As the title says, I made a truely final Lip now, did some work on Takamaru and need help with an error. Anyway, first things first.

Here's the final Lip model, I really won't change anything anymore:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks better than the previous ones, if I may say so myself.


Moving on to Takamaru, he's still a WIP, though at this point, it's mostly just texturing stuff.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see, I did next to nothing texture related at this point. Hope I'll get around to do it next week.


Now for the error I was talking about. I was trying to export a .max file (stage, if that makes a difference) as a .dae and got this error message:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The result was that multiple model parts were slightly deformed and/or moved around. Anyone here know how to fix it?


And last but not least, I'm looking for some suggestions on who or what to do after Takamaru. I'm drawing a blank right now, so... anyone or anything you guys wanna see?


Outdated stuff:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

There are two different versions, one being somewhat more modern and the other one being closer to the official art.

Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on August 18, 2014, 08:29:28 PM
Honestly, I don't know. I believe it would be possible to make it so the stage stays stopped there by editing the STPM data within Summit's file, but I'm not sure if it's possible to get the fish out from the start. Maybe, it'd be possible to use another stages' hitboxes to get the same effect. But really, I don't know. I'm definitely not the best person to discuss STPM because I rarely use its effects on my stages, but if you ask on the help section someone from the community may help you get the effect you need.
I see, thanks. Going by the poll, I'll be busy with Takamaru anyway for the time being, but I'll keep that in mind.

I have NEVER even heard of that error before. That's very odd.

And if you need help rigging your Lip, I'll gladly do so.

Help? No, sorry, I don't need help, I'm not cut out for this whole rigging thing and I won't try it again. If you want the model though, just say so. And I think I'll just let the topic die anyway, no point in having updates when there's a clear lack of interest.


dont be like that, I also lack of crowd in the forums but thats not a reason to drop projects, afterall, do we make brawl hacks for getting attention in the forums or for playing with them?

Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 01, 2014, 11:07:44 PM
dont be like that, I also lack of crowd in the forums but thats not a reason to drop projects, afterall, do we make brawl hacks for getting attention in the forums or for playing with them?

I think she's just lost patience with rigging as well as being fed up of Brawl, if I understood correctly.