Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)

Started by Junior64570, August 21, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I exported textures in BrawlBox and edited them in GIMP.
I usually just use the colorize tool to brighten them up.
---------------------------------
Sure, I'll start working on the Smash 4 styled Pichu and Raichu, and you work on Pikachu's red blue and green colors.

Post Merge: September 07, 2014, 10:11:15 PM


So? It's not big of a change, but that's mostly because not much change is needed.
What do you think? Is it more, or less Smash 4 styled than the original?

looks smash4sh :)
             
I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
come check out my psa page!

Thanks! Oh, did I tell anyone that Rockman refused? However we've been getting along so far.
I just recently reminded him Dr. Mario was in it after he told me the Young Link idea was scrapped due to Toon Link and him not being in Smash 4.

Oh, do I need to do anything to the Raichu? I need honest opinions...

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 07, 2014, 11:24:10 PM
Thanks! Oh, did I tell anyone that Rockman refused? However we've been getting along so far.
I just recently reminded him Dr. Mario was in it after he told me the Young Link idea was scrapped due to Toon Link and him not being in Smash 4.
Quote from: Wooflezz on September 06, 2014, 05:21:32 PM
I know who is the one who created first the Smash 4 Project since I was working in that.. but, The project was cancelled.
In that case I will use the Wii U recolors I worked on with that Project that in this case is: Toon Link, Donkey Kong, and Sonic but, Sonic is already been worked on so I won't do Sonic.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well actually no, it was more due to limitations, but whatever, it was a while ago. Anyway, I'm sure it would be best to wait for the Dr. Mario thing, it was just a leak and it may not be real. I'd hate if you ended up recreating something that was not intended to be in the game.

Quote from: Rockman on September 07, 2014, 11:29:59 PM
Well actually no, it was more due to limitations, but whatever, it was a while ago. Anyway, I'm sure it would be best to wait for the Dr. Mario thing, it was just a leak and it may not be real. I'd hate if you ended up recreating something that was not intended to be in the game.
Ah, I see. That sucks and you're right... It would be bad if we recreate something that is not in the game
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Actually, I think it's not a bad idea to remove Dr. Mario for now, but just until Dr. Mario is either 100% confirmed, or 100% disconfirmed. Even if he is disconfirmed, I still think we should at least include him in the Melee Version, along with Mewtwo and Roy.

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 07, 2014, 09:58:09 PM
I exported textures in BrawlBox and edited them in GIMP.
I usually just use the colorize tool to brighten them up.
---------------------------------
Sure, I'll start working on the Smash 4 styled Pichu and Raichu, and you work on Pikachu's red blue and green colors.

Post Merge: September 07, 2014, 10:11:15 PM


So? It's not big of a change, but that's mostly because not much change is needed.
What do you think? Is it more, or less Smash 4 styled than the original?

Ok, then I'll work on those three. :)
Also, it does look more Sm4sh-styled, and for techniques for colorizing, did you try separating the texture into parts, coloring those parts, then pasting them back onto eachother? You can check out my tutorial here on how to do it with MS Paint and Google Sketchup. :)

Yeah, I make each color of the original texture a layer, and pick colors from the original picture from Smash Bros. official site, then colorize each layer to best match the ones from the CSP. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it doesn't. And even sometimes, I throw in something of my own to make it unique. :)

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 08, 2014, 12:38:07 AM
Yeah, I make each color of the original texture a layer, and pick colors from the original picture from Smash Bros. official site, then colorize each layer to best match the ones from the CSP. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it doesn't. And even sometimes, I throw in something of my own to make it unique. :)

that's pretty cool :)
             
I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
come check out my psa page!

Thanks. I think my Bowser didn't look good because he has too many model changes in the real Smash 4. Oh, I did Mario BTW. So someone can do his recolors if they want. But I'm done working for the night. Other than some random texture surprise that will blow everyone's mind because of how random it is. I'll start working on it right away.

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 08, 2014, 12:57:08 AM
Thanks. I think my Bowser didn't look good because he has too many model changes in the real Smash 4. Oh, I did Mario BTW. So someone can do his recolors if they want. But I'm done working for the night. Other than some random texture surprise that will blow everyone's mind because of how random it is. I'll start working on it right away.

If you tell me what colors for Mario, I'll do it if nobody else calls it, since I'm good at recolors. :D

September 08, 2014, 08:52:41 AM #147 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:58:47 AM by ShadowLuigi-NG-
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Since my Sonic already had been finished a while back and released, perhaps we could combine our efforts to give him side mouths and combine both Sonic textures since I assume you guys are using the Brawl model. My Sonic uses Brawl's body, eyes, and mouths with All-Stars Racing's head, ears and nose.

---

Okay, so I've just checked the OP and saw that I was kicked off of the team. I was actually one of those who did not leave and stated that I will continue to be apart of the team as long as it will be cleaned up. If that is your decision, then I won't go against it. I'll still give permission to edit my Sonic.


Sorry, I forgot. I'll do that right now. :)
So, how's the Bowser Jr. coming along?

Post Merge: September 08, 2014, 12:25:51 PM

Okay, I added you.

And, decided not to post that "random surprise"

I'm working on Mario's recolours. Why hasn't anyone else posted anything today?