Project M+

Started by oscat, August 22, 2014, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 26, 2014, 05:26:59 AM #15 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:29:04 AM by oscat
Quote from: Kashology on August 26, 2014, 03:37:21 AM
1. Will this hackless method work with my Wii U Wii Menu? If so, what exactly do I do to download it, just load stage builder with nothing but this Mod package extracted on my 2GB memory card?
2. Are all hacks compatible with this mod (e.g, stages, character skins, character portraits, PSAs, SFXs, etc.)? And if not, can you state which aren't compatible or which are (if easier)?
3. Does this Mod have all the stuff that Project M and Brawl EX have on their latest versions?
4. I never seen a mod with HD stuff before, do you know if this is the only one?
5. How many HD stages do you have on here? Are the characters also in HD?
6. What are your future plans for this (if you care to share at this time)?

It should work on wiiu, but ive personally never tried project m on a wiiu. Most hacks should be compatible, but to be on the save side remember to back up your mods. For the most part this pack has everything from the latest Project M and BrawlEX, except for roy and mewtwo's sfx, but that'll change in a future update. I'm sure there are other packs with hd textures. So far n64 final destination is being made in HD and should be ready by the next update, but as far as HD characters go, no. But you should check out the Smash 3 pack: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=63270.0 there you will find HD characters!

Post Merge: August 26, 2014, 05:29:04 AM

Quote from: corpsra on August 26, 2014, 03:48:17 AM
your pack is probably my favorite so far of combining project m and brawl ex. Any updates for the sfx?
Yes, the next update will have fixed sfx. Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

Quote from: oscat on August 26, 2014, 05:26:59 AM
It should work on wiiu, but ive personally never tried project m on a wiiu. Most hacks should be compatible, but to be on the save side remember to back up your mods. For the most part this pack has everything from the latest Project M and BrawlEX, except for roy and mewtwo's sfx, but that'll change in a future update. I'm sure there are other packs with hd textures. So far n64 final destination is being made in HD and should be ready by the next update, but as far as HD characters go, no. But you should check out the Smash 3 pack: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=63270.0 there you will find HD characters!

Post Merge: August 26, 2014, 05:29:04 AM
Yes, the next update will have fixed sfx. Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

Thank you. I downloaded it, but the game froze on me; all I did was pick Young Link, a random level 3 computer to face, and the version of final destination that was shown in this thread. Is this a normal occurrence?

Quote from: Kashology on August 26, 2014, 09:27:55 AM
Thank you. I downloaded it, but the game froze on me; all I did was pick Young Link, a random level 3 computer to face, and the version of final destination that was shown in this thread. Is this a normal occurrence?
Did the stage at least load up? I know that young link has been having some issues.

Quote from: oscat on August 26, 2014, 11:38:31 AM
Did the stage at least load up? I know that young link has been having some issues.
Yeah.

Quote from: Kashology on August 26, 2014, 09:27:55 AM
Thank you. I downloaded it, but the game froze on me; all I did was pick Young Link, a random level 3 computer to face, and the version of final destination that was shown in this thread. Is this a normal occurrence?
The problem probably was if you crouched.  It froze on me just by that and hitting the ground from the d-air. 

Quote from: chaoswolf on August 28, 2014, 08:49:58 PM
The problem probably was if you crouched.  It froze on me just by that and hitting the ground from the d-air. 
Sorry about that, we are working on it.

August 29, 2014, 02:02:16 PM #21 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:30:08 PM by C2P0
Thanks corpsra , yes update 0.7 for SFX.

I prepare a new stage HD:




Post Merge: August 29, 2014, 06:00:10 PM



Post Merge: August 29, 2014, 09:16:55 PM



Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 03:18:19 PM






Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 10:30:02 PM


I don't log in to these forums anymore but I decided to make an exception here just so I could thank you for making this pack.  I wouldn't have bothered but I saw some negative comments that I don't feel were justified and I wanted to counterbalance them.  I'm personally really grateful that someone is putting this pack together and I've been watching it intently for updates since it came out.  If this project reaches the point that the added characters has been physically tweaked to fit with PM's physics and they have sound FX, I'll definitely be downloading this, turning it into an WBFS, and giving it a permanent place on my Wii.

For the record, as much as I dislike LC-DDM's tone, I do typically share his perspective on compilation packs.  That said, I feel this project is different because it's not a compilation of what stages/characters "you think look cool" or "you think should have been in the game" or anything like that.  As I understand it, this pack aims to only adds what was previously removed from the franchise and I think that's a really natural idea.  You also seem to be going the extra mile to make sure everything blends together well and is of high quality.

I don't know, to each their own, I guess, but I personally feel that this compilation has a professionalism to it that most others don't and that lacking feeling of professionalism is why I don't like other compilations.  Just my opinion, though.

Thanks again for your work on this pack :)

Is this hack set stable? I downloaded it recently and it makes my Wii crash really often. Admittedly, I clicked the download link before the "Hacked" version was available, and my Wii is hacked, haha.

By the way, thanks a ton for making this; I've been waiting ages for someone to add the Stage Expansion to BrawlEX and P:M.

Quote from: LC-DDM on August 25, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
All you're doing is a compilation pack using other people's things just to create this vision of the 'perfect' game that doesn't exist, while adding NOTHING of value that you created yourself. Not to mention smearing P:M's name by thinking 'hey this total conversion mod that a lot of people worked on isn't good enough and isn't to my tastes I should [censored] all over their work'.
Stop complaining about something that doesn't effect you. It makes you look petty and silly.

Someone on a Brawl mod site wants to enhance their Brawl mod with more Brawl mods; but nope, they shouldn't be able to try and improve their own Smash experience because you don't like it.

He's "smearing P:M's name" by changing it?
...So P:M must be "smearing Sakurai's name" for changing Brawl, correct?
...Better yet, aren't we all "smearing Brawl's name" by hacking it?
...Or even better yet, isn't Sakurai "smearing Melee/64's name" by updating it?

I'm sorry that you're offended by "unofficial" hack packs. I'm sorry that you're unable to grasp the concept that, when someone else's hack is borrowed and properly credited, it's public domain that anyone can use for any hack, pack, or project they like. What kind of attitude is that, on Brawl Vault of all places?

You're being a hypocrite. You complain that these people are "[censored]ting all over P:M's" work, only to [censored] on the hard work they've done to try and make P:M better. People have wanted to see this really badly for a long time, LC. Don't be so negative.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on August 31, 2014, 12:30:12 PM
Is this hack set stable? I downloaded it recently and it makes my Wii crash really often. Admittedly, I clicked the download link before the "Hacked" version was available, and my Wii is hacked, haha.

By the way, thanks a ton for making this; I've been waiting ages for someone to add the Stage Expansion to BrawlEX and P:M.
Stop complaining about something that doesn't effect you. It makes you look petty and silly.

Someone on a Brawl mod site wants to enhance their Brawl mod with more Brawl mods; but nope, they shouldn't be able to try and improve their own Smash experience because you don't like it.

He's "smearing P:M's name" by changing it?
...So P:M must be "smearing Sakurai's name" for changing Brawl, correct?
...Better yet, aren't we all "smearing Brawl's name" by hacking it?
...Or even better yet, isn't Sakurai "smearing Melee/64's name" by updating it?

I'm sorry that you're offended by "unofficial" hack packs. I'm sorry that you're unable to grasp the concept that, when someone else's hack is borrowed and properly credited, it's public domain that anyone can use for any hack, pack, or project they like. What kind of attitude is that, on Brawl Vault of all places?

You're being a hypocrite. You complain that these people are "[censored]ting all over P:M's" work, only to [censored] on the hard work they've done to try and make P:M better. People have wanted to see this really badly for a long time, LC. Don't be so negative.

Please forgive him, Amar, LC in general hates compilations of any kind, cause he sees them as pointless. It doesn't excuse him, but it's the truth.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Thank you for your comments, encouragement affects us and helps us to invest more effort into our Hack.

We love Project M, we do not do this pack because such-and such character is not in the game. We want to bring a more rewarding experience, working hard to provide a quality hack, and we are only two.

So please be careless and respected the work of others, I am a graphic designer, I have a job, a wife and not much time for me

Quote from: LC-DDM on August 25, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
Not to mention smearing P:M's name by thinking 'hey this total conversion mod that a lot of people worked on isn't good enough and isn't to my tastes I should [censored] all over their work'.

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Can/How can I add clones to this?

September 01, 2014, 06:33:02 AM #28 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:46:07 AM by oscat
Quote from: ToddL on August 31, 2014, 02:18:21 AM
I don't log in to these forums anymore but I decided to make an exception here just so I could thank you for making this pack.  I wouldn't have bothered but I saw some negative comments that I don't feel were justified and I wanted to counterbalance them.  I'm personally really grateful that someone is putting this pack together and I've been watching it intently for updates since it came out.  If this project reaches the point that the added characters has been physically tweaked to fit with PM's physics and they have sound FX, I'll definitely be downloading this, turning it into an WBFS, and giving it a permanent place on my Wii.
Thank you for the encouraging words. Seeing post like this really helps motivate us. You can expect an update really soon ;)

Post Merge: September 01, 2014, 06:38:29 AM

Quote from: Amarythe on August 31, 2014, 12:30:12 PM
Is this hack set stable? I downloaded it recently and it makes my Wii crash really often. Admittedly, I clicked the download link before the "Hacked" version was available, and my Wii is hacked, haha.
The current download link is unstable unfortunately. However, I have a stable pack in my computer lol. We just have to fix some things before we can release 0.7.

Also thanks for your support :)

Post Merge: September 01, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

Quote from: UnmutedGuy on September 01, 2014, 03:45:22 AM
Can/How can I add clones to this?
You can add in clones the same way you always could with BrawlEX. Check out their thread on how to do it: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

September 01, 2014, 11:36:01 AM #29 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:37:26 AM by LC-DDM
Quote from: ToddL on August 31, 2014, 02:18:21 AM
I don't log in to these forums anymore but I decided to make an exception here just so I could thank you for making this pack.  I wouldn't have bothered but I saw some negative comments that I don't feel were justified and I wanted to counterbalance them. 

Because how dare someone say something bad? No, we must silence the heathens at once.

QuoteI'm personally really grateful that someone is putting this pack together and I've been watching it intently for updates since it came out.  If this project reaches the point that the added characters has been physically tweaked to fit with PM's physics and they have sound FX, I'll definitely be downloading this, turning it into an WBFS, and giving it a permanent place on my Wii.

One shall see how much quality this pack will have. Quick hint though, don't hold your breath.

QuoteFor the record, as much as I dislike LC-DDM's tone, I do typically share his perspective on compilation packs.  That said, I feel this project is different because it's not a compilation of what stages/characters "you think look cool" or "you think should have been in the game" or anything like that.  As I understand it, this pack aims to only adds what was previously removed from the franchise and I think that's a really natural idea.  You also seem to be going the extra mile to make sure everything blends together well and is of high quality.

It still feels a bit tacked on, though, to be honest. I still don't trust this pack to be any good as the others. Time will tell, I suppose, but it is pretty much still just a "let's take things from other people and bunch it up into a pack". I want to see what they can do to change this.

Quote from: Amarythe on August 31, 2014, 12:30:12 PM
Stop complaining about something that doesn't effect you. It makes you look petty and silly.

You only popped up in here trying to whiteknight this thread because you do the same damn thing.


Quote
Someone on a Brawl mod site wants to enhance their Brawl mod with more Brawl mods; but nope, they shouldn't be able to try and improve their own Smash experience because you don't like it.

No, someone on a *Brawl hacking site* wants to change a **Total Conversion** to stray away from its original intent.

If they were to improve their own Smash experience they'd keep it to themselves. Like you said, it's -their own- experience.

* It's not relegated to just mods, though I can understand why you'd make this mistake... you still have noobs thinking the site is Brawl Vault and not KC-MM. Even on the damn blogpage.
** There's a great amount of people that don't know what this is, because they were only introduced to mods here. I recommend looking for it on UD.



QuoteHe's "smearing P:M's name" by changing it?

I'm pretty sure the way P:M made things, they were pretty much against unofficial builds, which technically, is what this is. So yes.

Quote...So P:M must be "smearing Sakurai's name" for changing Brawl, correct?

P:M's early beginnings were to 'restore' Falco to his Melee glory, and it gradually snowballed from that into what you see today. It may be fanning out into other games, but the heavy Melee influence is still there to a degree.

Quote...Better yet, aren't we all "smearing Brawl's name" by hacking it?

I'm pretty sure modding in general isn't 'smearing' anything. Well, until you replace everything with [censored]s. Fishing back the TC talk though, some of the best games out there started out as mods. It all depends on the quality of the mod itself, in the end.

Quote...Or even better yet, isn't Sakurai "smearing Melee/64's name" by updating it?

Now you're just being an idiot. But to be fair, there are still Melee addicts out there that think THAT is the truth, so I'll let it slide.

QuoteI'm sorry that you're offended by "unofficial" hack packs. I'm sorry that you're unable to grasp the concept that, when someone else's hack is borrowed and properly credited, it's public domain that anyone can use for any hack, pack, or project they like. What kind of attitude is that, on Brawl Vault of all places?

Just because it's borrowed and properly credit doesn't suddenly make it okay to have a catch-all compilation pack whose mods someone can already get seperately.

Quote
You're being a hypocrite. You complain that these people are "[censored]ting all over P:M's" work, only to [censored] on the hard work they've done to try and make P:M better.

You don't know what 'hypocrite' means, do you? IF I had a compilation pack of my own, you'd be right, but you're not.

Also, yeah, you're totally right. Downloading other people's hacks into a pack is SUCH hard work. P:M's good enough as it is, it doesn't NEED to be 'better'.

Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on August 31, 2014, 03:33:16 PM



At least the others can form a coherent response. You barely have enough brainpower to post a [censored]ty GIF.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.