Super Smash Blast!

Started by frozenfire, September 07, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

It's pretty obvious that the original characters portraits do not match what you see in-game. Please vote on which you'd like to see change

fix the CSS portraits to match the existing characters(currently using the smash 3 project)
35 (92.1%)
Put all those alts that are shown in the CSS back
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Yes. I've even tried programs to repartition it to free up space, but nope. I've almost given up with that. My Wii and Gecko can read the one from my 3DS though--Gecko finds the codes and says it applies them. Then I have tons of Pokemon stadiums in stage select, but that's the only thing that changes.

Quote from: Weboh on March 08, 2015, 09:16:50 PM
Yes. I've even tried programs to repartition it to free up space, but nope. I've almost given up with that. My Wii and Gecko can read the one from my 3DS though--Gecko finds the codes and says it applies them. Then I have tons of Pokemon stadiums in stage select, but that's the only thing that changes.

Use the SDHC Extension code for your 4GB card.
It should solve your issues.
Just remember to use the Project M launcher to launch the game, otherwise you'll get a normal Brawl.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I don't know where that code is. And the download included the Gecko launcher. Do I remove that and replace it with the Project M launcher, or use both?

Quote from: Weboh on March 09, 2015, 12:47:45 AM
I don't know where that code is. And the download included the Gecko launcher. Do I remove that and replace it with the Project M launcher, or use both?

Look for the code here in the forums.
There's a thread about it.

And the fact that Gecko was included in the download doesn't mean that you're forced to use it.

You can either keep it there while adding the Project M Launcher, or replace it with it.

Now, just add the code and use the P:M Launcher. You should have no problems.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I have question about that, that I posted on that forum, but nobody's responding there. <link>http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.105</link> You should have the answer though: The directions say to use FPC3.5.1 to make the file. I can't find info about it anywhere. What is it? Can I just use notepad to make the file? What do I name the file?

March 10, 2015, 01:53:34 AM #800 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:54:37 AM by windhunter7
"FPC" is just an abbreviation of the "File Patch Code"
QuoteFile Patch Code (NTSC) - This code is the key player in getting hacks into your Brawl. Add these codes with CodeManager, and create a .gct file.

Available in the Resources section of this forum. He just abbreviated it as "FPC" because often-times on this forum, people abbreviate frequently-used and well-known programs in the Resources, like BrawlBox, for example.("BB")

Post Merge: March 10, 2015, 01:54:37 AM

Also, I don't think you can use Notepad to make the file; I tried opening an already-made .gct that works with Notepad just to see if I could edit it with Notepad, but it was characters that weren't recognized.

All right, thanks. I still don't know where to put the code to make this hack work though. I know it's supposed to be called RSBE.gct and placed in the codes folder normally, but I can't open the one that came with the download to add the code to it. Is that code just universal, and I need to create a new one with the File Patch Code from here and add the other code to it? How do add the other code to it? Just copy everything line for line (including the credits and the asterisks) and paste it below? Sorry for having to ask so many questions, but everyone here assumes that everyone knows a lot about this kind of thing. I don't. D:

March 10, 2015, 11:23:39 PM #802 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:57:35 AM by ShatteredSoul
I'm trying to get this mod to work on Dolphin. The first attempt I used easy sd card maker to create a 2GB sd.raw and injected the entire downloaded file. Then I opened gecko in dolphin and launched the game. It came up fine but when I got to the CSS 90% of the characters were that new robot character and it eventually ended up freezing. I opened it a couple more time and was able to play as Shadow against a computer twice then it crashed.

I tried again but only inserted "Apps" "codes" "private"   and the gameconfig.txt. This time I launched gecko and launched the game. I got a "too many codes error"  and it launched regular brawl. Anything I could have done wrong please help point it out. That would be great! Thanks!


Edit: I tried the first method again and it works now. However when I try to play as alternate skin characters such as the egg man the default model shows up. Is that normal?

Do you have the PCS file, too?
The Pac File doesn't change the skin.
The PCS one does.

You can have the PCS file on and it will show the skin.
But Zelda ans Shiek need both PCS and PAC, or will freeze during transformation.
And for some reason, when you don't have the Pac file, when you're in Boss mode or Event Mode, it shows the original texture.

March 11, 2015, 02:47:59 AM #804 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:55:04 AM by ShatteredSoul
Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on March 11, 2015, 02:08:46 AM
Do you have the PCS file, too?
The Pac File doesn't change the skin.
The PCS one does.

You can have the PCS file on and it will show the skin.
But Zelda ans Shiek need both PCS and PAC, or will freeze during transformation.
And for some reason, when you don't have the Pac file, when you're in Boss mode or Event Mode, it shows the original texture.
No I don't have the PCS file. I don't even know what that is... Looked it up. And I sort of understand what it is now. Where can I get the files for the characters?

Hm....
I'll probably do a Tutorial....

HEAR THAT, ALE?!
ME!

LOL! WHAT THE [censored]?! -Explodes-

Quote from: ShatteredSoul on March 11, 2015, 02:47:59 AM
No I don't have the PCS file. I don't even know what that is... Looked it up. And I sort of understand what it is now. Where can I get the files for the characters?

The PCS file is the costume file.
PAC files are only needed when trying to use the costumes in 1-Player modes.

But you need the PCS file in order to make the skin show up.

All characters have PCS files. Even the former hackers include them in their downloads.

Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on March 11, 2015, 02:57:05 AM
Hm....
I'll probably do a Tutorial....

HEAR THAT, ALE?!
ME!

LOL! WHAT THE [censored]?! -Explodes-
No, I didn't hear that.
I read it.

And there's no need to do another tutorial about this as there are many good tutorials. This is not as hard as importing a model or SFX to the game.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 11, 2015, 02:59:24 AM
No, I didn't hear that.
I read it.

Well played, good sir.
-tilts glass-

And yeah. I suppose you're right,
about the too many tutorials.
I just would like to assist, ya no?

Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on March 11, 2015, 03:02:02 AM
Well played, good sir.
-tilts glass-

And yeah. I suppose you're right,
about the too many tutorials.
I just would like to assist, ya no?
If you want, then go ahead.
Though it isn't necessary at all.

The use of PAC and PCS files is actually the basic part of Brawl Hacking (at least for me).

BTW, I've noticed this isn't the right thread to talk about this.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 11, 2015, 03:06:27 AM
If you want, then go ahead.
Though it isn't necessary at all.

The use of PAC and PCS files is actually the basic part of Brawl Hacking (at least for me).

BTW, I've noticed this isn't the right thread to talk about this.

Yolo.
I was gonna end it here, anyway.
And wait for the next person to post.